PDA

View Full Version : Stupid e-brake!

TheMutt
09-14-2003, 07:28 PM
This is sad. I have a few dings in my car but theyre tiny and you never see them unless you look at them just right, but now I have a scratch about 2 in. long in my rear bumper.

I had pulled it into the garage and closed the door, but I guess I wasn't paying attention because a few minutes later when I came outside and put the door back up I noticed my car was really close to the door, and it had rolled back because I didn't set my brake!!! Because I didn't see it before I put the door up, it must have scratched it. It's not down to the metal or really bad, but I can see it and I know it's there, it just can't be played off. :'(

skooba
09-14-2003, 07:33 PM
that doesnt sound like a stupid e-brake to me......

TheMutt
09-14-2003, 07:39 PM
You know what it sounds like to me?

Do ya?

Yeah it sounds like you're ghey :p
oooooooooooooooohhhh!!!eleventy-1!!!!

02NJHondaep3
09-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Dont feel bad it happend to me. Only my father opened the garage door on it.

ep pilot
09-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Don't trip, the day I brought by Ep3 home, I took it over to my parents house to show them. I set the parking brake as always, didn't leave it in gear; went in the house. I come out five minutes later, then see my Ep3 rolling at a walk pace into the street!:eek:

A year later & I still have yet to have the dealer tighten my parking brake.

-Ryan

phatfreeza
09-14-2003, 07:57 PM
people please! always park your car in gear!!! these situations could be averted if we take such precautionary measures.

dang... did i just say that? :confused:

oldschoolimport
09-15-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by TheMutt
It's not down to the metal or really bad. :'(

hope not, that would be deep:D

tony speed
09-15-2003, 08:01 AM
i tightened my own ebrake, but it seemed like one side would always lock up hard before the other side so I never got a great adjustment on the ebrake. I still put it in gear just in case....my car rolled down a hill over the period of an hour and came to rest against my friend's sisters bumper before I tightened my brake...no damage though.

TheMutt
09-15-2003, 10:09 AM
It was kinda funny though because when I first came out I looked at my car and I thought "dayum I parked really close" and laughed about it. Then walking by it to get into the door I say my parking brake was off and said "DOH" :mad:

SexySIgiRL
09-15-2003, 12:16 PM
ya..i set my e brake up on a hill behind my friends BRAND NEW rsx that he just got that morning....and i guess i didn't pull it up all the way..and the car wasn't in gear...and no one noticed that it rolled forwards onto his car...so when my friend went to go take his car out for a drive, he backed up..and then so did my car...adn i was all yelling cuz i thought he hit me..but no..stupid me... :( so ya...now i always always always double check my e brake and keep my car in gear!!!!!!! the worst part is...he reminded me to keep it in gear right before we got out of our cars..and i wasn't paying attnetion!!!!!!!!!! *i didn't do too much damage...well, my license plate kinda left a mark on his car..but since it was brand new he took it back in and told them he found dents on his car and they fixed it* stupid me though, hUH?!?!?

02TafWhtSi
09-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Side question - how often should the e-brakes be adjusted?

tony speed
09-15-2003, 03:57 PM
every 20k i think. it's in the manual.

TrippZ
09-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SexySIgiRL
ya..i set my e brake up on a hill behind my friends BRAND NEW rsx that he just got that morning....and i guess i didn't pull it up all the way..and the car wasn't in gear...and no one noticed that it rolled forwards onto his car...so when my friend went to go take his car out for a drive, he backed up..and then so did my car...adn i was all yelling cuz i thought he hit me..but no..stupid me... :( so ya...now i always always always double check my e brake and keep my car in gear!!!!!!! the worst part is...he reminded me to keep it in gear right before we got out of our cars..and i wasn't paying attnetion!!!!!!!!!! *i didn't do too much damage...well, my license plate kinda left a mark on his car..but since it was brand new he took it back in and told them he found dents on his car and they fixed it* stupid me though, hUH?!?!?

i dont think i can forgive you. ever.

unless you send me naked pics ;) :P:P:P:P jk

not really but still hahahaha

recognition
09-15-2003, 04:47 PM
i don't get it?:rolleyes:
All you gotte do is push the little button in, lift the brake handle up all the way till it goes no further, then let go of the button?!
I never leave the car in gear and it has never rolled anywhere!

Sorry, I just don't see why its so hard for you to pull the handbrake up when you park
:confused:

Don't you get taught that on your driving lessons?!

Go_EP_Go
09-15-2003, 05:59 PM
that shit happend to me too but i was IN MY MUDDAFACKIN CAR...nothin worse then a lil scratch on the rear bumper i was sleepy from driving around the whole day and forgot to set my ebreak wen i rolled into my garage and closed the garage door i then realized my car was rolling backwards with me in it but it was too late...it closed ON TOP OF MY BUMPER and scraped it down...wen i heard the big boom...i shit my pants....man...GOOD GAME!~:'(

TheMutt
09-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Is that how it werks OMG OMG OMG!!!111!! Hi2U thanx!

Actually, ass, you don't even need to press the button when you set the brake :p And I've never left it in gear either except on really steep slopes.

skooba
09-15-2003, 08:58 PM
You know what it sounds like to me?

Do ya?

Yeah it sounds like you're ghey :p
oooooooooooooooohhhh!!!eleventy-1!!!!

i dont understand you..... the title of your post is "stupid e-brake" yet in your post you said YOU forgot to set the e-brake. so i point that out and I'm gay? thats interesting.

the e-brake works, but i think its up to you to engage it. calling the e-brake stupid is like a little kid hitting his head against a table and calling the table stupid as if it was the tables fault for being there.....:rolleyes:

TheMutt
09-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Stop being so condescending. Dayum I think a lot of people would have caught on to the fact that I know it was my fault. It's kinda like when people hit their toe on the corner of the bed and go "stupid bed". Yeah it's like that. And even more I was just kidding around. I don't think I'm an idiot, but who knows you prove me wrong.

Hey, just read the rest of your post. Sounded like my reply. Cool we were thinkin the same thing, you happy?

02hatchgrl
09-15-2003, 09:14 PM
I have done the same thing in my 02.. but we were in a store shopping and a guy ran in and we see his friend holding my car from rolling futher into other cars in the parking lot... that would have sucked.

skooba
09-15-2003, 10:41 PM
i am happy

Si4U2NV
09-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport

hope not, that would be deep:D

especially since our bumpers arent made out of metal...

:rolleyes:

-Mike

recognition
09-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Actually, ass, you don't even need to press the button when you set the brake [/B]

yea i guess not but it makes that nasty clicking sound otherwise,
oh yeah, "ass":rolleyes:, at least i don't leave my car rolling about the garage.
something only an true ass would do.

Go_EP_Go
09-16-2003, 01:13 PM
alright just chillax now guys :angel:

U, recognition, may think that forgetting to pull the e-break is unheard of but a lot of ppl have done it...its not like u haven't done something that we would think is "unheard" of before

TheMutt
09-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Ha ha ha... he's right our bumpers aren't made out of metal. I guess it was just because I had spent a whole 2 hours that day grinding down about 3 body panels on a truck through about 5 coats of the previous paintjobs, all the way down to the metal. It must've been stuck in my head.

And just to clear it up, I don't always leave my brake off. I was just in a hurry that day 'cuz I was leaving again in a minute or two.

Edit: Ass :cool:

Sigmund Sawyer
05-18-2011, 07:23 AM
This happened to me as well in September 2003. I parked on a slight hill at an angle at work and my SI rolled back into a brand new UGLY Chrysler 300M. $1300 later I had a broken passenger tail light, scratched bumper and a freshly painted 300M for one of my coworkers. Stupid Chrysler, I did her a favor by putting some of my Honda love on her butt ugly 300M. Did I mention her car was ugly?

Stupid e-brake.