PDA

View Full Version : How low before the toe in?

ConeCrazy02
09-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Does anyone know how low the car can drop before the unavoidable toe in? I plan on getting alignment soon and I was wondering is it possible to get 0 toe with the approx drop like that of h&r and progress. If indeed toe in, I will reattach my tie rod ends upside down.

Thanks in advance

Suk02Si
09-15-2003, 04:01 AM
There's no room to attach the rod ends upside down, I tried :D I think the only way to get rid of our bump steer prob is to get the mugen suspension or jic, both those companies addressed the bump steer issue. I don't think Tein did.

02TafWhtSi
09-15-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
There's no room to attach the rod ends upside down, I tried :D I think the only way to get rid of our bump steer prob is to get the mugen suspension or jic, both those companies addressed the bump steer issue. I don't think Tein did.

after my Mugen install my toe was out quite a bit - an alignent was absolutely necessary (-1.4" drop) :)

Suk02Si
09-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

after my Mugen install my toe was out quite a bit - an alignent was absolutely necessary (-1.4" drop) :)

Maybe because of the different position of the tie rod arm attachment point the stock length of the arm is too short so it has to be lengthened a tad. After the initial alignment, the toe shouldn't change(during hard corning) like on the stock setup.

ConeCrazy02
09-16-2003, 10:51 AM
The tie rod can be attached upside down. When you jack up the car the springs are unloaded, so it is necessary to load springs by jacking the suspension up.

cpu519
09-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ConeCrazy02
The tie rod can be attached upside down. When you jack up the car the springs are unloaded, so it is necessary to load springs by jacking the suspension up.

You can't install the stock tie rod ends upside down because the hole is conical. Check this company, RSX-Tuners (http://www.rsx-tuners.com./products/bump_steer_kit.html), they have a special tie rod end that mounts upside down. It might only fit the RSX strut though. The picture is wrong, it shows the rear suspension even though it's for the front. This company is a part of Hitech Exhaust, they had the badass 290 hp NA RSX in the Car and Driver 4 cyl shootout.

I'm planning to install this kit on my Si. If it only fits the RSX strut, then I'll get some and install Koni inserts.

Suk02Si
09-19-2003, 01:04 AM
Thats pretty cool, I wish they had a pic of the actual product.