PDA

View Full Version : help everyone!! need help!! please

Draco03SI
09-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Ok.. lemme give you the rundown first. I got my ad from the dealership i purchased my honda from and in it it says and I quote 1.9apr for 60 months and 0 down and no payments till november. I got my bill from honda stating my first payment is due sept tember 28th!!!!! I was like wtf?? I called honda finance they said call the dealership.I did and I talked to a lady and wanted to take my number down. She said she would have my salesman call me back.. he did and I asked him why I didn't get the no payments till november.. he said because I didn't pay full price for my car.WTF DO YOU MEAN ?? I have to pay full price . I don't think so pal..Also when I bought the car it said that (Key phrase here)After you make your best deal on any 03 honda and when you trade in a honda you get 1000 bucks towards the performance center... Underneath it says not to be combined with any offer or sale price. But above that it says take 10 % off any performance product in the store.. Not to be combined with any other offer. Now I know I couldn't get 10% off and 1000 bucks back. that would be double dipping.but nowhere does it say you must pay full retail price for a car. it says after you make the best deal.. everyone knows that after you make your best deal it's never full retail price.when the salesman called me to talk about the situation he said you cost me a yearly bonus becuase of that survey you failed me on. THAT ISN'T MY PROBLEM!!!!!.. any suggestions...

Jester
09-15-2003, 05:18 PM
take the car back and buy one somewhere else!

glw
09-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Draco03SI
Ok.. lemme give you the rundown first. I got my ad from the dealership i purchased my honda from and in it it says and I quote 1.9apr for 60 months and 0 down and no payments till november. I got my bill from honda stating my first payment is due sept tember 28th!!!!! I was like wtf?? I called honda finance they said call the dealership.I did and I talked to a lady and wanted to take my number down. She said she would have my salesman call me back.. he did and I asked him why I didn't get the no payments till november.. he said because I didn't pay full price for my car.WTF DO YOU MEAN ?? I have to pay full price . I don't think so pal..Also when I bought the car it said that (Key phrase here)After you make your best deal on any 03 honda and when you trade in a honda you get 1000 bucks towards the performance center... Underneath it says not to be combined with any offer or sale price. But above that it says take 10 % off any performance product in the store.. Not to be combined with any other offer. Now I know I couldn't get 10% off and 1000 bucks back. that would be double dipping.but nowhere does it say you must pay full retail price for a car. it says after you make the best deal.. everyone knows that after you make your best deal it's never full retail price.when the salesman called me to talk about the situation he said you cost me a yearly bonus becuase of that survey you failed me on. THAT ISN'T MY PROBLEM!!!!!.. any suggestions... the details of your loan should be documented on the loan paperwork you signed. check it and then take it back to the finance department at the dealership where you purchased the car. if they won't fix it and your loan is through american honda, you might try calling them next. good luck!

Draco03SI
09-15-2003, 06:25 PM
I tried calling american honda but they said i had to talk to the dealer. I think it night have been a type o on there part cause they were hurrying through the fiance portion of the sale.. i dunno if it is a type o they should fix it right?? I don't care about the other stuff i just want the loan fixed

Go_EP_Go
09-15-2003, 06:34 PM
for reals i dont like how their honda dealerships work i hate most of the honda dealerships around my area...they're all shady...2 honda places tried to make me over pay for an ep by like 2 g's and the salespeople r hardcore rude and the place where i bought my car didnt even know what was wrong with my AC wen i brought it in...they had it for a whole day and took apart my whole engine and everything and couldnt even find the problem...so i say BOO TO SO CAL HONDA DEALERSHIPS haha sorry for my mini-rant

-kevin

furious
09-16-2003, 05:17 AM
Did you know that in most cases (unless a dealership feels like extending kindness - hehe, yeah right...) any offers such as 1.9%, rebate, or deferred payment should be requested and discussed prior to signing the finance paper. You will not automatically get the deals unless you inquire about them. They are unfortunately for you not obligated to give you any of the above unless it is stated specifically on 'your finance statement' and nowhere else. Even dealer ads would have the disclaimers... take for example,

2002 And 2003 Civic Special AHFC 1.9% A.P.R. FinancingTermsCertificate
Special American Honda Finance Corporation (AHFC) A.P.R. financing available on all new 2002 and 2003 Civic models. 1.9% APR financing for for 24 to 60 months. Example for 2003 Civic LX Sedan: 36 months financing at $28.60 a month for each $1,000 financed. Dealers set actual vehicle sales prices. See participating dealers for details.
Offer valid through: 9/30/2003

something currently offered. Notice the word "available", it does not commit the dealer to extend the APR unless stated in the finance papers. "Available" also would suggest that such a finance option is exercised upon request after having checked the financial background of the customer - I have friends who can never get those low APR because of poor credit rating. Additionally, "see participating dealers for details" is kind of like when you don't tell a Hotel that you have a AAA membership, the discount is "available", but unless requested prior to signing off payment, then it is not binded.

The rep you pissed off is likely friends with the finance rep at the SAME dealership....there is little to be done unless you pushed with proof on your finance papers. Good luck and I hope that you have such a statement on hand.

furious
09-16-2003, 05:22 AM
one more note, when car dealerships extend financial terms from the manufacturers financial corp., it is quite often the case that you must satisfy BOTH to get say a $0 down or 0% APR or any of the like

1) you have to qualify with your current credit (which they can raise the bar without you knowing)

2) you pay "full" MSRP or whatever stickered

believe it, this is the rule and not the exception....that is why I go the 'best offer' route and inquire about special deals (of course I still forgot the 10% off discount on the 7/100 warrenty that my dealership offered on its own, $120 bucks:( )

glw
09-16-2003, 07:29 AM
when selling a car it is the salesman and sales managers job to get the most for the car that they possibly can (rape you :o )...

when buying a car it is your job to protect yourself (keep your virginity ;) ) and pay as little as you can.

Driftin SI
09-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Go to the dealership and find your salesman. Make sure you are there when there are a lot of customers there. Get all loud saying how he screwed you, the dealer sucks, etc. You'll get your point across very quickly and they'll do just about anything to shut you up. Works like a charm.

Kirei
09-16-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Driftin SI
Go to the dealership and find your salesman. Make sure you are there when there are a lot of customers there. Get all loud saying how he screwed you, the dealer sucks, etc. You'll get your point across very quickly and they'll do just about anything to shut you up. Works like a charm.

Thats not going to happen.

You basically got screwed. 9 out of 10 dealerships put out bullshit ads to see how many suckers they can pull in. Any promotion that any dealership puts out that has nothing to do with selling price always requires that you must pay sticker to qualify but they dont put that in the ad of course. They wait till you come in, just say yes to everything and have you walking away with the car.

But look at it from his standpoint for a second.

You're saying his yearly bonus is fucked and its not your problem.

He's saying, it was a mooch deal meaning he made dick on the deal when he could've gotten another customer and made some money, you gave him a bad survey which totally fucks with his bonus, and now that you've got a problem you want him to fix it and I would guess his thoughts are, You've signed your contract, the car is yours and "Its not my problem"