PDA

View Full Version : Ecu Wiring Help Needed !!!

ATRIOT
09-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Can anyone with a shop manual help me? I just finished wiring in a Apex'i rev speed meter into the ECU, everything works fine ie. rpm/voltage but the mph/kph function isnt working. Now the wire that i had to cut for the kph (the speed wire) was the only one which i was unsure of, and Apex'i didnt have a ECU schematic for the EP3 showing that wire's location. Another member of Ep hatch had also done the install and he said it was the green and white wire , so that was the wire i used.
These are the wires that needed to be hooked up:
Tap into -power
Tap into -ground
Tap into -Rpm signal
Speed Wire to Apex'i unit then Apex'i Unit to the ECU.

-I doubt the wire splice is bad because i still get a reading for kph from the factory speedometer and everything else in the car works fine, therefore if it was a bad splicer i would lose a critical function. The reason that the speed wire had to be cut and could'nt just be tapped into is that the Rev Speed Meter also by passes the governer.
Anyways if anyone has any input please Share! And it someone could look up the correct color of the speed wire it would be greatley appreciated.
-Thanks, Steve.

NamingException
09-16-2003, 05:53 AM
I can scan a page for you when I get home from work... but that won't be until like 6:00 tonight.

JLannoo
09-16-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
The reason that the speed wire had to be cut and could'nt just be tapped into is that the Rev Speed Meter also by passes the governer.

I didnt think we had a governor.

sniperSI
09-16-2003, 07:32 AM
The only governor i see our car's having is redline in 5th gear at 137 mph on the Speedo

ATRIOT
09-16-2003, 10:13 AM
Anyways i cut the wrong wire... i cut the Green wire with the white stripe when i should have cut the White wire with the Green Stripe. Apex'i dosent have a wiring schematic for the EP3 on their website that lists the Vehicle Speed Sensor pin location....:mad:
Hopefully it'll be fixed tonight, Esmith13 helped me out a ton by providing me with the wiring diagram, its too big to post so if anyone needs it just pm me.

Apex'i Rev Speed Meter RSM wiring diagram ECU Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire

VIZHUNZ02SI
09-22-2003, 10:54 AM
post pics i wanna see

ATRIOT
09-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Will do so soon! thing looks great, it'll match my deck perfectly once i get it.

danoonez
11-10-2003, 02:40 PM
Why the hell are there so many wires if you only need 4 to hook it up to the Si?! Or did I miss totally miss something and I'm way off base?

And when you installed it did you use diagram 1 or 2 on page 7 of the wiring manual?

ATRIOT
11-10-2003, 04:01 PM
It has alot of wires so it can be compatible with alot of different ECU's not just honda. Check Pm, Then check Email. ;)

danoonez
11-10-2003, 04:26 PM
I got you bro, I e-mailed you back too.

ATRIOT
11-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Oh yeah when your working on tapping the wires, unplug the harnesses from the ECU, and dont be afraid to cut off alot of the black plastic loom that protects the wires. That makes it a bit easier.

danoonez
11-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Oh yeah I've already taken a look at the ECU and I was like that'll be impossible if I leave it all hooked up-hey do you know what gauge the wires are so I can get an appropriate wire stripper--ECU wires are one thing I do not wanna screw up.
To answer your email, I havent decided where to mount it yet, but the place you put yours looks pretty damn good; did you need the stand to mount it there. And no I havent bought the g-sensor yet, maybe after christmas. Hey thanks again for all your help. It's threads like this and folks like you that make ephatch.com one of the best forums out there for real. Peace