PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Civic Type R headlights!!!

Pradamuimui
09-04-2002, 01:13 PM
I just was wondering if the 2002 Civic Type R headlights were enterchangeable with the 2002 Civic Si??? Does anyone know??

02blksi
09-04-2002, 01:18 PM
im gonna go out on a limb here and say............dunno :), i would wonder that since we cant use the add on lip pieces from a real CTR, that the front bumpe is designed a little different therefore the headlights may not line up correctly, but of course this is all here say and i do not have any real facts to say YES it will fit, after all the only ones that are available right now are the OEM ctr ones and they arent exactly CHEAP if they dont fit, good luck. --joe

2K2SilverSi
09-04-2002, 02:23 PM
Just paint your stock headlights. The CTR headlights are not worth the 1000+ dollars they are charging for them right now.

Jontis
09-10-2002, 01:36 AM
My headlight is'nt tinted... :(
Strange.

madbrain
09-11-2002, 07:24 AM
If your like me and you dont want to take apart and paint you stock lights Options Auto has the JDM lights for $495.00. The good thing about buying them is now I will have the courage to take apart the stocks and do a custom job and still have something to fall back on.

02SilverSiHB
09-16-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Jontis
Strange.
you mean it's clear like ours? I noticed some type r's are like that....must be that way for certain areas

ArcticBlueRsx
09-25-2002, 10:51 PM
does the JDM CTR lights have HID's?

1fastminivan
09-25-2002, 11:38 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I forgot what website I was at one time but I swear it was HID was in option on the JDM CTR. Im going to look for it now.:D

1fastminivan
09-25-2002, 11:46 PM
OK found it!!
It says on here at the bottom of the page something about a C-package or something. Here is the link.

http://www.j-garage.com/1301.htm

even on this link:

http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICTYPE-R/equipment/index.html

You have to translate it......but it mentions something about C-package again and it comes with HighIntensityDischarge headlamps.

Jontis
09-26-2002, 12:44 AM
Noticed that it is tinted...
But you need to place a "ordinary" civic beside it to
really see it.
I can tell you guys that it is'nt worth the
bucks to buy CTR headlights...

hacim
09-26-2002, 08:37 AM
I didnt see a spot to export from Italy, they have left side steering.

natesi
09-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Man, I can think of a lot better things to spend $500 on.... especially for something mainly cosmetic.

IceD out N CALI
09-26-2002, 07:15 PM
Jus paint them, its easy to do-jus takes a long time to do it. I did them gunmetal gray, pep boys sells it.

Jontis
09-27-2002, 06:26 AM
I'm gonna do mine black...

Fizz Autosports
09-27-2002, 04:51 PM
We have for $475.00 it will be in stock on Oct 7th, 2002.

natesi
09-27-2002, 05:43 PM
Oh wow! $475; what a bargin!!! Put me down for two sets! I don't know how, but I'll find a way to use them!

j/k

FiZZ-EP3
09-27-2002, 05:53 PM
bro, is that supposed to be funny:rolleyes: ?? why would you say you want 2 sets and then say you're kidding! thats such a stupid post you no-life fag:mad:

2k2civicSi
09-27-2002, 05:54 PM
i want a set any chance of a GB

HondaMan
09-27-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
i want a set any chance of a GB

Yeah, how about a group buy for less than $475?

HondaMan
09-27-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by FiZZ-EP3
bro, is that supposed to be funny:rolleyes: ?? why would you say you want 2 sets and then say you're kidding! thats such a stupid post you no-life fag:mad:

Please chill out and get a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

FiZZ-EP3
09-27-2002, 06:11 PM
bro, i have a sense of humor...nothing against the guy, but if you make such a STUPID post, you deserve that reply. please tell me what the whole point of that post was cause I sure as hell don't get it. he's a no-life fag, what more can i say. if someone posted Tein coilovers for $1,000 which is an unbelievable price, would you say "i'll buy 2 sets, i don't know why, I just will...j/k"...what an IDIOT!!!:mad: $475 is the lowest you'll find JDM headlights and everyone knows that...you can't even get em cheaper on options auto!

HondaMan
09-27-2002, 06:17 PM
Ok, I hear ya! I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it...I know they are JDM but $475 is a lot of money to some folks. Peace :)

FiZZ-EP3
09-27-2002, 06:36 PM
COOL, GLAD YOU UNDERSTAND;) Honestly, $475 is an excellent price for a pair of JDM headlights, and they're BRAND NEW, not even used!

natesi
09-27-2002, 07:13 PM
Yea; I was just joking around.... You see--the funny part was I wanted TWO SETS. You know--because what the hell good are two sets of headlights?!?!?

Anyway, I thought it was funny. I wouldn't know if it was a good deal or not, but it sounds like it must be.

I tend to spend my money on other things. JDM lights look awesome, and if I ever break a light I might consider it, but otherwise it's hard for me to spend my money on stuff like that. Just me--dont' take it personal.

For example, I just got my mirrors, hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, and part the rear bumper covered in clear acrylic that lasts about 8 years. It's like a transparent bra, only better.

Other than that I plan on getting an awesome security system (very soon) and I already got a small sub for the back.

All that's going to set me back about $2000. I'm about tapped out of cash then. Plus some jack ass just did a hit and run on my car LAST NIGHT... I just got two quotes for $500 to fix it. LAME.

Anyways, don't HATE--I'm just joking around.

HondaMan
09-27-2002, 08:16 PM
Cool...I'm glad all is well now and $475 is a sweet deal for JDM headlights. I wish my budget could afford them. :(

Mr.02BlackSIguY
09-27-2002, 08:59 PM
how much is it wholesale? give us like alittle above wholesale. group buy. this is EP family hook us up. i know wholesale got to be like 400 or sumthin or lower depends.

Fizz Autosports
09-28-2002, 02:10 PM
Ok guys just for the Ephatch club i can offer you a special price if i get a minimum of 3 buyers.

$427.50 - this price will be an EPHatch.com only price

Get your JDM headlights while you can.

FiZZ-EP3
09-28-2002, 02:14 PM
hey, what about me??;) :p

Mr.02BlackSIguY
09-28-2002, 04:03 PM
427.50 ... now thats more like it.. whos in. he needs 3 people. this is a pretty good price

HondaMan
09-28-2002, 08:48 PM
Hmmm...nice GB price!

I just wish I could get them (about to get laid off). :(

mixedupneko
09-28-2002, 11:38 PM
dayumm fizz has an EP3 this sucks. You bastards JDM the hell out of everything. I love your Rex's your ep should be hot as well. So yea i think im gona not do this JDM thing anymore you dayumm kids beat me already.hahah

neko

FiZZ-EP3
09-29-2002, 04:28 PM
what up Neko. Their EP3 is my EP3. and yeah, it's gonna be HOT. we got A LOT of stuff thats gonna be done very soon. and yeah, it's gonna be straight up JDM;) i'll send you pics as soon as everythings done bro.

mixedupneko
09-30-2002, 03:48 PM
thats cool bro. I respect your shop/crew alot.Some people hate cuz the crews cars are for people with there own shiop.Fuck it there just haters cuz they cant put in enough effort to make there own shop Ill probly be stopping buy for a few JDM goodies but other than that im spending every buck to bang. hit up me up AIM.. importeknikaneko

!@#$%
10-04-2002, 11:54 AM
bro, i have a sense of humor...nothing against the guy, but if you make such a STUPID post, you deserve that reply. please tell me what the whole point of that post was cause I sure as hell don't get it. he's a no-life fag, what more can i say. if someone posted Tein coilovers for $1,000 which is an unbelievable price, would you say "i'll buy 2 sets, i don't know why, I just will...j/k"...what an IDIOT!!!:mad: $475 is the lowest you'll find JDM headlights and everyone knows that...you can't even get em cheaper on options auto!

well then, what is the point of this post? ^ :rolleyes:

dustinhurley
10-04-2002, 12:30 PM
how long is that $427 price going to be offered? I'm going to buy these lights, I'm just not ready right now. I feel that if your company keeps these lights at this price, which is obviously the lowest, every single person will buy them from you when they are ready. Look at how many JDM lights are sold for the RSX. Just something to keep in mind.

dustinhurley
10-04-2002, 12:46 PM
Also, I know if I had a CTR. I'd take my lights off, sell them on Ebay for about $300 in about 30 seconds, then claim theft to my insurance and get some new ones. Sure you may pay a $50 deductable, but you come out with mad profit.

Fizz Autosports
10-04-2002, 01:26 PM
Round up 3 people that are ready to buy when you are and ill do what i can to keep that price as far as for fitment issues by next week we will be 100% sure ;)

HondaMan
10-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
how long is that $427 price going to be offered? I'm going to buy these lights, I'm just not ready right now. I feel that if your company keeps these lights at this price, which is obviously the lowest, every single person will buy them from you when they are ready. Look at how many JDM lights are sold for the RSX. Just something to keep in mind.

Ditto...I will get them sooner or later too.

natesi
10-04-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
Also, I know if I had a CTR. I'd take my lights off, sell them on Ebay for about $300 in about 30 seconds, then claim theft to my insurance and get some new ones. Sure you may pay a $50 deductable, but you come out with mad profit.

....then go to jail for insurance fraud.

= )

dustinhurley
10-04-2002, 05:42 PM
joke

dustinhurley
10-06-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Jontis
Strange.

I think I read somewhere that the European CTR has the same chrome headlights that the US Si has. Only the Japanese CTR has the black housing. Not sure about this, but it seems to be true. I've seen pics of CTR's with chrome headlights and black headlights. Maybe it's just the light of some of the pics.

dustinhurley
10-09-2002, 06:59 AM
Anyone know about this?

NamingException
10-09-2002, 01:08 PM

If you are representing a company, getting free stuff from them- you should be behaving more maturely. If I were them I'd drop you, and sharpish. Otherwise people like me will associate people like you with the business, and take theirs elsewhere.

I'm not offended or anything; this is just some advice.

FiZZ-EP3
10-09-2002, 02:45 PM
Ok, bro PLEASE show me where it states ANYWHERE on this whole website, ANY board that I get stuff for free?? Then come talk to me:p cause you just made yourslef look like an idiot!

NamingException
10-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Ok, bro PLEASE show me where it states ANYWHERE on this whole website, ANY board that I get stuff for free?? Then come talk to me:p cause you just made yourslef look like an idiot!

Well, I assumed because your signature says this: "**REPPIN FIZZ WITH MY EP3 TO THE FULLEST...I WON'T STOP TILL I'M SATISFIED!**" that you were "reppin'" because you were getting free stuff. If you're "reppin'", though, then you are "reppin'", whether you get free JDM radiator caps or not. I'm not looking to start a flame war here; I'm just saying if you're representing anyone other than yourself, you should do so with some maturity and respect.

Suit yourself though, as long as you're not "reppin'" me, you can be you can behave however you want.

FiZZ-EP3
10-09-2002, 06:50 PM
Bro, you got it all backwards. Just cause i say I'm repping them doesn't mean i get free stuff:eek: damn, so i guess if i was reppin a team/crew, then i could just walk into ANY import shop wherever i want, tell them i'm REPPIN so and so, and get all my stuff for free:confused: damn, you should try that out to see if it works:p And as for maturity and respect, i got the utmost respect for people who respect me and my shop. disrespect them or me, and i'll disrespect you back....it's like a family. the guy made a dumb remark, so i replied to it. besides, this post is so damn old, why are you even bringing it back up?? end of discussion
P.S.-next time, don't ASSUME anything...get your facts straight before you write anything.