PDA

View Full Version : same mofo done worse thing this time

minsu1
09-16-2003, 06:30 PM
hey guys.
I bought 03 ep silver on july.
on August, I replied to the thread that was talking about
braking in cases, cause one mofo broke in to my car.

and today, that mofo, ( I think it's the same guy)
even stole my car this morning.

I was trying to goto school....and I see my car nowhere.

I live in los angeles area and my neighbors are safe...
but somehow.. this mofo comes in regularly and
steal stuff. even cars.
today was my car...

it's gated parking garage inside of the apartment.
and..this happens so many times...

I tried complaining to apartment manager and company
but they say they are not responsible for this.

now I don't know what to do..

should I keep it if police finds it later?
or should I just buy another one with my empty wallet?

oh btw, the liscense plate number is
"MINSU1"
it's silver, 03 ep, without any mod.

if any of you see this running around, plz...
throw a huge rock or something...
or could you kindly, beat the crap out of him???

JLannoo
09-16-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry man :(

ep pilot
09-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by minsu1

oh btw, the liscense plate number is
"MINSU1"
it's silver, 03 ep, without any mod.

if any of you see this running around, plz...
throw a huge rock or something...
or could you kindly, beat the crap out of him???

I feel bad for you & your car, but your asking people to look for it, but you don't list a location in your sig, or in the thread. I'm in Cali & I will keep an eye out, but this forum is used all over the place. I think more people in your area will notice if you state which city, town or state, the car was ripped off in.

BTW, how the hell do you still an Ep3?? I mean with the o.e.m. security, it would be very dificult to hot-wire, they had to have either got your keys.......or towed it on a flat bed. look for skid marks on your driveway or where it was parked, that would tell you if it were dragged up on a flat-bed.

-Ryan

Mugen_EP
09-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot

I feel bad for you & your car, but your asking people to look for it, but you don't list a location in your sig, or in the thread. I'm in Cali & I will keep an eye out, but this forum is used all over the place. I think more people in your area will notice if you state which city, town or state, the car was ripped off in.

He states he is in the Los Angeles area in his first post.

SinisterCivicSi
09-16-2003, 07:10 PM
dam i am seeing a pattern. i got a call from a friend of mine this morning that his car got stolen (93 civic hatch) and his sisters car also got stolen (acura integra). both cars hooked up of course, she had an alarm he didnt. he however just put about $3K into his engine this year in performance stuff........he is devestated.

sorry to hear that man......it seems that your not the only one.

ep pilot
09-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi

sorry to hear that man......it seems that your not the only one.

I remember a guy a few weeks or months ago, got his Ep3 jacked in broad daylight. Someone walked into his job, and grabbed his keys. But this is the first I've heard of an Ep3 being jacked without the keys, and I hate to think without being towed away?

Hey guy, did you come home a little drunk last night, park in the wrong stall, piss-off your neighbor and he towed your car??? I'm just trying to help. I don't like the idea that even if someone steals an Ep3 with a flat-bed, now they've got one as a test bed to learn how to steal others.........

I think next week I will finally rig up my kill-switch, I think pulling the ign fuse will be a good start until I get the kill switch rigged. At least with the ign fuse missing, the idiot will freaking sit there for 20 min trying to figure out why the car wont crank......I doubt many thieves carry spare fuses around when they car jack anyhow.

-Ryan

siver-SI
09-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your car man.

About that kill switch how could I get that wired with an alarm on my car? I am lucky right now because of so much over time at work my car is under a securty camera with a guard watching it atleast 10-13 hours a day and then at home I park next to a BMW so I think they will try the BMW first but both have an alarm and I sleep just about 15 feet from my car with it park right outside my bedroom window. When it cools down and I do not have a lawn and other things to worry about and works slows down I want to get out and do more so I would like to have it installed by then.

IceD out N CALI
09-16-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot

I remember a guy a few weeks or months ago, got his Ep3 jacked in broad daylight. Someone walked into his job, and grabbed his keys. But this is the first I've heard of an Ep3 being jacked without the keys, and I hate to think without being towed away?

Hey guy, did you come home a little drunk last night, park in the wrong stall, piss-off your neighbor and he towed your car??? I'm just trying to help. I don't like the idea that even if someone steals an Ep3 with a flat-bed, now they've got one as a test bed to learn how to steal others.........

I think next week I will finally rig up my kill-switch, I think pulling the ign fuse will be a good start until I get the kill switch rigged. At least with the ign fuse missing, the idiot will freaking sit there for 20 min trying to figure out why the car wont crank......I doubt many thieves carry spare fuses around when the car jack anyhow.

-Ryan

yeah I remember that post. wonder if the insurance paid for it or not?

minsu1
09-16-2003, 10:10 PM
man...
I had OEM security plus KARR security system on it that dealer installed.

they told me that there is no way somebody can hot wire start.

besides, my parking spot is right next to wall so there is
no way to get out at single turn.

I wasn't drunk.

I have all the keys with me now.

how do they get the car out from parking???
doesn't the steering wheel get lock without key if someone operates it?

I don't think they could get that out with flat bed tow car from that narrow space.

should I get another ep?
or should I get different car that is not easy to steal?

I live on pico and sawtelle street in west los angeles area.

thx guys...
does anyone know weather it's possible to get steering wheel
unlocked without the key ??

Suk02Si
09-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Wow, you live on Pico/Sawtelle? SpeedRacer lives on Wilshire/Sepulveda so you've probably seen him around. I think I've seen you around too, MINUS1 rings a bell. I'll keep my eyes open and let SpeedRacer know what up too.

Kirei
09-16-2003, 11:46 PM
Thats so fucked up. If you get your car back, put lojack in it. If they dont retreive it within 24 hours, they will give you full value back for your car. In your case, I would also consider getting GAP insurance. GAP insurance is when your car gets totaled and you owe more than what your car is worth. The insurance pays what your car is worth, and the GAP insurance pays what you owe but I believe it also applies to stolen vehicles. Do the smart thing and look into it. Good luck getting your car back.

minsu1
09-17-2003, 12:32 AM
hey~.

fortunately, I do have gap insurance.
that's the first thing I purchased when I bought this car.

and speedracer?? what's his car color?

is it white Si with drop and exhaust and...oh the dark color rim?

i think I've seen him around and also the real cool black si.
around sawtelle sometimes.

that black Si made me to repaint my car almost.
hehe..

anywayz... I just checked back my parking garage and
there is no way they can tow it. and there are no
evidance such as broken windsheild or something.

so my conclusion ended up like this.

they must have the key.

one of my friend told me that some bad audio shop or
alarm shop copies the key if the customer gives attitude,
and few days later, they jack those stuff back that they installed.

how do you guys think?

Suk02Si
09-17-2003, 01:33 AM
Yeah his car is white, drop, exhaust, CF wing and hood.

Did you piss someone off at an audio shop? :o

2QK4U ALLWAYS
09-17-2003, 05:26 AM
If its the same guy he probably checked your car out the first time got the vin # maybe your name and address and went to a dealer told them the info they make a key on the spot and whalla I ahve a key now and thenk you very much

Sorry about your loss the silver EP's sure attract attention :p

2003EPHatch
09-17-2003, 06:59 AM
Sorry to hear dude. Hopefully you can get your car back or the insurance will pay for the loss. Good luck and hope all works in your favor.

IceD out N CALI
09-17-2003, 07:45 AM
good luck

fsugatorbait
09-17-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Sorry to hear about your car man.

About that kill switch how could I get that wired with an alarm on my car? I am lucky right now because of so much over time at work my car is under a securty camera with a guard watching it atleast 10-13 hours a day and then at home I park next to a BMW so I think they will try the BMW first but both have an alarm and I sleep just about 15 feet from my car with it park right outside my bedroom window. When it cools down and I do not have a lawn and other things to worry about and works slows down I want to get out and do more so I would like to have it installed by then.

the kill switch is wired inline with the fuel pump. You flick the (hidden) switch and your car will run for roughly 5 seconds on the fuel left in the lines and then die. No gas no go. :)

blueiedgod
09-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 2QK4U ALLWAYS
If its the same guy he probably checked your car out the first time got the vin # maybe your name and address and went to a dealer told them the info they make a key on the spot and whalla I ahve a key now and thenk you very much

Sorry about your loss the silver EP's sure attract attention :p

They just passed a law in NY, after one of TV stations got keys from dealerships to 19 out of 20 cars, two being state trooper cruisers, that dealerships have to make positive ID before selling a copy based on VIN.

Chances are that there is a master key for the new Civic. I remember a few years beack someone was selling a master key for all civic's on ebay.

MasterVTEC
09-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Damn dood that hella sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! any ways who ever stole your car has to be an expert!!!! i'm thinking about the movie gone in 60 seconds!! anyways I work at a honda dealership and they said that our keys are chiped, so even if they copied your key... their is no way they could have got it chiped too! and when ever they do a key copey at honda they always rechip it with a new code!!!!! never the same one

there is no way in hell they got the key, especially that you have all your keys with ya!!! unless your ass didnt pay the bill and your ride got repoed!!!! thats what im thinking kuzz if thats the case i think honda has your key code infile for that purpose only!

1flySi2002
09-17-2003, 09:49 AM
unless your ass didnt pay the bill and your ride got repoed!!!! thats what im thinking kuzz if thats the case i think honda has your key code infile for that purpose only!

That was my thought after reading all this. Could that be???

minsu1
09-17-2003, 10:33 AM
whoaa....
thx for your info about the chip thing.
I did pay...all the bills.
I don't know where or whom to complain about this..
oh btw, are you working in los angeles area dealer??
if so, can you hook me up for new one?

blacksihatch
09-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Damn that sucks, sorry about your car man. I hope they find the guy or you do and take care of his ass. As for your car you might not want them to find it, when my ex girfriend's civic was found and it didn't look so pretty. Anyway good luck.

ep pilot
09-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by minsu1
whoaa....
thx for your info about the chip thing.
I did pay...all the bills.
I don't know where or whom to complain about this..
oh btw, are you working in los angeles area dealer??
if so, can you hook me up for new one?

Shoot, I think If I were you, I would sit it out until the '04 gets dropped off the boat. Relax, rent a car or car-pool. Or heck screw it, see if they will "wheel-n-deal" you an '03, I bet some dealer in the in the boon-docks probably has a left over '02 stuffed away someplace????

-Ryan

RacingCivicSi02
09-17-2003, 09:23 PM
dang that sucks. ill keep an eye out for u.