PDA

View Full Version : Is Honda run by exchange students?

Silentplanet
09-16-2003, 09:08 PM
So we have the Si (or SiR) with no side sills, a Type-R with sills, the fugly FP ill-fitting side sills, and the '04 with small sills. Does anyone here get the feeling that Honda has NO CLUE what they are doing? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to make one mold? And who the hell changes bolt patterns 3/4 of the way though a model cycle? Ugh...:confused:

IownAmaxima
09-17-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Silentplanet
So we have the Si (or SiR) with no side sills, a Type-R with sills, the fugly FP ill-fitting side sills, and the '04 with small sills. Does anyone here get the feeling that Honda has NO CLUE what they are doing? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to make one mold? It's a cheap and easy way to make a car look different and adds to the aftermarket for the cars, generating even more interesting... sounds like a smart decision to me.
And who the hell changes bolt patterns 3/4 of the way though a model cycle? Ugh...:confused:someone who finds they can save huge money buying wheels with the new bolt pattern.

It's all about the money, dude.

Silentplanet
09-17-2003, 07:33 AM
Uh, okay. Thanks for setting me straight, dude.

furious
09-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by IownAmaxima
It's a cheap and easy way to make a car look different and adds to the aftermarket for the cars, generating even more interesting... sounds like a smart decision to me. someone who finds they can save huge money buying wheels with the new bolt pattern.

It's all about the money, dude.

In support of what everything you have said, just two words....

"Lee Iococca"