PDA

View Full Version : don't buy from showstoppers unless you like crappy service and being lied to...more

03silverEP
09-17-2003, 07:28 AM
so last thursday I purchased an item from showstoppersusa mainly because they are prominent on this board and they 'claimed' to have the part in stock. I was told the part would go out friday and i'd have a tracking number saturday. Sat, Sun. Mon. is when I finally got a tracking number. I called many times to ask what was going on, they never once returned any of my calls when promised, nor would they have any idea about the answer when i would call back hours later. (I have made about 20 long distance calls to try and straighten this out so far) I eventually find out from rocky that my package was shipped monday (later than i was told...i bought from them becuase i was told the 'part was in stock') So this morning I check the tracking number, was my part shipped monday....NO....it went out last night 96 hours after they said it would, along with 2 blatent lies about when i would recieve it topped with general incompetence and indifference along the way.... Spend your money somewhere elce guys I know i will.....

ATRIOT
09-17-2003, 07:59 AM
You need to chill out, the same things happening to me, I ordered early last week (Injen CAI) and hopefully my stuff will be sent out today. Am I upset about it? No. I'm sure Showstoppers is doing their best to get your part out to you. Its not like their sitting back and thinking "hey lets make this guy wait a few days longer for his order". This is the real world, shit happens, things get tied up, i'm sure Showstoppers is trying their best, so stop being a whiny Bitch and slagging a good company and good guys. :rolleyes:

stephen
09-17-2003, 08:05 AM
chill out man.

furious
09-17-2003, 08:07 AM
OK, I have bought a relatively expensive part from Showstoppers before (a CF hood) so I know where your eagerness is coming from.

I had purchased this item and it was my belief that they had processed it not at the quickest manner possible. BUT...

I am 99% happy with my purchase/product/and service. I think that they are helpful and responsive, and I could understand if they might have sold out and did not have a db that was quite so real time. If such is the case, perhaps it should have been communicated directly to the buyer, but when the dust settles, you will very very likely be happy with what you got and a few days doesn't kill anyone AND I certainly do not believe that a buyer should post such negative publicity unless the case was more severe...

Personally, I'd recommend Showstoppers so long as they "offer" what you like..

03silverEP
09-17-2003, 08:39 AM
that's nice and all but you forget THEIR WORDS

"yes it's in stock"
"it will ship friday"
"it has shipped (monday now)"

when it didn't ship til tuesday

so I was LIED to, and it is a big deal that's no way to run a BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mugen_EP
09-17-2003, 08:42 AM
I'm going to lock this thread till ShowStoppers gets a chance to respond.

They open at 10:00 and I will contact Chuck at that time.

Mugen_EP
09-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Unlocked...

ShowstoppersUSA
09-17-2003, 10:48 AM
We just talked over the phone...

As I explained to you, your tracking number shows that Fedex first scanned the package on Monday September 15, 2003. The first scan of the package is the first time fedex sees the package. The first one to see the package from Fedex is the driver. That means your package was picked up on Monday September 15.

It's really hard to cater to 1000+EP members that buy from Showstoppers along with our other non EP customers, other forums, and wholesale accounts. We do our best but sometimes packages get delayed one day. I'm sorry if this one day was an inconvenience for you. If you need this for a show or an auto X event by a certain time, let me know and we can try to expedite it for you...

"Yes it was in stock"

"Shipment got delayed to Monday" (as I told you on a previous conversation and stated that it was leaving Monday)

"It did ship on Monday"

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

DownTheHatch
09-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the real world 03. A few days is nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

RiCeCoOkEr1280
09-17-2003, 10:56 AM
In the words of Cartman, "RRREEEELLLLAAAAAXXXXX GUY!!!!!"
Just like furious said, shit happens in the real world. Keep in mind that Showstoppers has over 123489416135156489786431 order to fill each day. They do their best to keep their customers happy and assure that the shipment arrives on time. Also understand that once it LEAVES Showstoppers and is put into the hands of UPS or FedEX that those companies can fuck up as well. I ordered an exhaust from someone in Texas, had it shipped 2nd day and didn't get it for a week and a half cuz FedEx somehow "overlooked" the package. If a package is delayed, there's a reason behind it. It's frustrating but you just gotta be patient.

Peking
09-17-2003, 10:57 AM
03silverEP Do you feel better now? If you had to wait for more than a few months, than I could see the point of this thread. Not that I think it is in the right place anyway.

HondaMan
09-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
Welcome to the real world 03. A few days is nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

Well said! Nothing to get worked up about! :rolleyes:

Chuck and SSUSA are good guys...period! Hey Chuck, check your PM inbox please. :)

ShowstoppersUSA
09-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch

It was delayed one day...

03silverEP
09-17-2003, 11:35 AM
I called Fed-Ex for the n'th time and the package was quote "not in their possession until tuesday" yes when you track it it indicates monday the 15 as the day the label was created, not the ship date, I work in shipping and recieving and mail ups and fedex stuff constantly, I know how this s**t works. which means it was delayed 2 days.... I ordered this 'in stock' item on thursday the 11th and it's not scheduled to arrive until monday the 22nd. 11 days turnaround on an instock item it pretty s***ty

klik
09-17-2003, 11:36 AM
chill out dogg, when i bought ma CF MG wing from showstoppers it was worse hassle than u had, ask rocky or chuck, men they know. i didnt complain cuz i know this guys is not foolin me with the 400 bucks item, i got to wait for a month or so a lot of callin and botherin this 2 guys but finally i got ma wing and i very happy with it.
every reatailers are like this sometimes there is good shit, sometimes there is deep bad shit, customers just need to understand that.

"IM OUT"

graham
09-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 03silverEP
I called Fed-Ex for the n'th time and the package was quote "not in their possession until tuesday" yes when you track it it indicates monday the 15 as the day the label was created, not the ship date, I work in shipping and recieving and mail ups and fedex stuff constantly, I know how this s**t works. which means it was delayed 2 days.... I ordered this 'in stock' item on thursday the 11th and it's not scheduled to arrive until monday the 22nd. 11 days turnaround on an instock item it pretty s***ty

Then go to a local shop and buy it. Can't get a good price locally? Too bad!

If you want good prices for s**t you want, deal with the pain of having things shipped. Get some perspective.

chet
09-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 03silverEP

You are one whiney phuck aren't you? Personally, I wish Chuck could call back the part and give you your bitch money back. If you actually get your part in less than 3 weeks from anywhere (unless you pay overnight shipping or something like that ), you should be grateful. There isn't much you could tell us about Chuck and/or ShowstoppersUSA that would change how we (ephatchers that have been here for more than a minute)feel. I ordered something from an online store last year and it took over 3 months to get my house. Then they sent it to my neighbor instead of me. Now, I am sure you could understand my dissapointment over that!! Your 11 days is nothing to try and ruin someone's reputation over, especially when everyone knows that Chuck and Rock do good business anyway.

HEY!! Anybody gotta passifier (sp) for this little girl?

Mugen_EP
09-17-2003, 12:03 PM
This thread is done. I will not leave it open so people can continue to name call. There is a way to get your point across without acting immature.

03silverEP- Check your e-mail.