PDA

View Full Version : bad fitment on my bc3

eggsi
09-17-2003, 11:21 AM

Si Death
09-17-2003, 05:12 PM
are the fiberglass kits realllllllyyy that bad????? i mean, theres a couple of ppl rolling around with bc fiberglass ktis and it seems pretty damn good? other input??

team ERA 5
09-17-2003, 07:27 PM
yea i thought it wouldnt fit...but i said %$%# it....imma make it fit...i pulllled tugged and it finallly did....it will fit...try harder it may seem like an inch sort but it will because mine were an inch to a half an inch short and i pulled and pulled and it finalllly came on...trust me it will i ordered mine from showstoppers too its a hellla tight fit

steve_jones
09-18-2003, 01:25 AM
Fiberglass kits do, and will fit, easily, and theres no reason they should not, as long as there made correctly, and the molds that are used are made correctly ( which unfortunatley is rarley the case nower days )

If you pull a product out of its mold before it has time to proporley cure it will warp, if theres noo much resin in certain areas , it will go bad, If the molds not thick enough the end result wont be as good.

At the end of the day, it all boiils down to peole taking their time making proper molds, and taking pride and time in producing the final product. If you do this there is no reason a product should not fit straight on ( thats assuming the original product the mold was taken off fitted in the 1st place.

I know of companies who have had hundred of pulls out of the same mold, and they still come out as good as the 1st one did.

I had a buddy club kit, and I must say the fit was pretty attrocious , took the bodyshop alot of work to get it right , so i know what you are on about !

:)

Steve

eggsi
09-18-2003, 06:32 PM

Kirei
09-19-2003, 12:32 AM
They're quite slow but they'll take care of you. Just wait for like 3-4 days for a email response. Thats how long it took me to get a price quote through email. If you dont want to wait then just call.

BlackNRedSi
09-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by eggsi
i still haven't got a response from anyone at showstoppers, i know some things come up but damn i know they check their email, i haven't called them because its long distance and they always put me on hold. im starting to have second thoughts about their customer service. :(

I agree 100% :( :( :(

Stroker2004
10-20-2003, 08:54 AM
Has anyone goten a good fit on a fiberglass BC kit from any companies? im looking for a kit? i like the BC but the fitment problems scare me i am on a low budget and i want a kit that will fit. does anyone know of a kit that they get a good fit and what company did you get ti from
?

Stroker2004
10-20-2003, 08:56 AM
I need a full rear bumper because i got rear ended and i am just going to replace the damaged one with a full Kit? i cant have just a lip.