PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed short shifter for the EP

Zero Three Si
09-17-2003, 12:38 PM
http://www.tornactive.com/pd_neuspeed_billet.cfm

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Not bad for 100 bucks....

Are short shifter kits pretty easy to install?

andy
09-17-2003, 12:51 PM
I don't have this, but in general, yes they are easy to install.
Only bad part on this car is getting the little chrome piece off
around the shifter. Other than that it is very straight forward.

I've heard that the shifter doesn't really shorten the throws all
that much and just changing to a shorter knob will make a
noticeable difference. That said, it's still a good product, a pretty
good deal, etc. Lots of reviews on it if you search.

RockEP_SS**
09-17-2003, 01:47 PM
Neuspeed short shift kit is pretty good IMO. Feels like goin from first to neutral for second gear and so on...

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

esmith13
09-17-2003, 01:48 PM
Excellent product.
Does shorten the throws about the 40% they claim... maybe 30% really

Gives a tighter feel too.

Combined with the Aluminum shift bushings you can get on ebay, you get a race car shifter feel!!

10-20min to install, no tools required. ShortShifter comes with allen wrench and screws, so they give you the only tool you need..

You only need to remove shift knob, and the silver bezel to get behind it

Thats all!!

Eric

chubbychu
09-17-2003, 03:51 PM
how does it "attach"??

BarracksSi
09-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Install & review here (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13088&highlight=Neuspeed+short+shifter)

the JigGa mAn
09-17-2003, 05:48 PM
wow $100 sounds good..but i think ill wait for the skunk2 one to come out

Civicvtec1ps
09-17-2003, 05:58 PM
there is groupbuy , check it out

Kirei
09-18-2003, 10:11 PM
I had a neuspeed short shifter sitting around for weeks until I came across this thread and decided to install it last night. 1st, 3rd, and 5th all seem to be same as stock. The only difference is 2nd and 4th. Well, reverse also if you like racing backwards. :o Wasnt too happy about it just sitting on top of the old one though. A full replacement would've not only been better and shorter, but also would've made my $100 more worth while. I guess I'll wait to see what skunk 2 is cooking up.

chubbychu
09-18-2003, 10:31 PM
so are you saying..it is not a good deal?

Kirei
09-18-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
so are you saying..it is not a good deal?

I'd wait on what skunk 2 comes out with before purchasing the neuspeed one if you havent already purchased it.

gabbman
09-18-2003, 11:57 PM
i have had one for 3 months and i will tell you save your money for a better mod. not a big difference wait for the skunk 2

fsugatorbait
09-19-2003, 10:14 AM
If you enjoy the sport of 'driving' your car, you'll love it. tornactive also has the ephatch5off discount so you'll save a little. I got mine for just under $100 from them including shipping

2k2_nbp_egg
09-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Are you guys crazy? How could you NOT feel a difference? My throws were noticeably shorter, but then again I've driven a bunch of cars w/ stock shifters and then short shifters added. Oh well, I'd have to say the neuspeed one is real good. I had an OBX SS (blah) on my last Si, and while it never gave me problems, the throws weren't as great. I think one of the best SS's I've felt would prolly be the B & M one that my friend got for his 2k2 eclipse gt.

The neuspeed one reduces driver-error grinding and makes the throws significantly shorter...I think tenacious G tried my gears and noticed a big difference too. IMO it's worth the money, whatever skunk2 will come out w/ can't be that much better. Maybe adjustable throws...but I guarantee it'll be more expensive. (all tho 100 bux for a SS is pretty pricy anyway :( )

02hatchgrl
09-19-2003, 11:29 AM
I personally like the Neuspeed SS. This is my first car with one. But it hasn't given be too much of a problem... it has shortend the shift time/length. I have had it for about a year now. But I have had it grind on me a few times. Overall I like it.

Kwazie
09-19-2003, 07:08 PM
i have a question what does the metal brushings do?

Rueda del Queso
10-12-2003, 06:00 PM
The metal bushings replace the rubber(?) ones that are used for the shifter now. They make the throws a lot more solid, so I've been told.

I've had the neuspeed short shifter for maybe 6 months now and think it is great. Recently, just to check and because I was bored, I took off the adapter and tried the shifter stock. Holy crap, it sucked. Well, it didn't really suck, it was just that compared to what I had gotten used to, it wasn't all that good. After that, I was sure the Neuspeed was worth. If the Skunk2 is going to be even better though, it couldn't hurt too wait.

Civicvtec1ps
10-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Im going to wait until skunk2 come with their product. it will bw worth waiting imo:) i just think that price would been cheaper that 75-100, too much for short shifter..

Zero Three Si
10-13-2003, 06:56 AM
I got to test drive a EP with a Neuspeed SS this weekend.

I must say it did feel nice. If you are a broke MOFO....then you'll complain about how much it cost and it wasn't worth it.

If you got some side money I would say it's a nice addition.