PDA

View Full Version : what springs should i buy?? <<<<<

rs_1101
09-17-2003, 01:42 PM
well there it is.

im looking for an affordable spring kit, around 200$ preferably, but cheaper is wayy better if i can do it w/o sacrificing quality. ive got an 03 si, and im looking to reduce bodyroll as much as possible. i definitly want a firmer ride here. i dont really have my eyes on any particular company, and im just starting to research about springs. im lookin for a small drop, but ride quality is most important here.

just want a nice, firm ride. any opinions are appreciated

Civicvtec1ps
09-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Tein s tech springs gets my vote.
:)
139 shipped from showstoppers

andy
09-17-2003, 02:38 PM
Keep in mind that you may be buying new shocks after as little
as a year if you go with a soft spring/harsh drop.
That is a _great_ price on the Tein's. I've heard good things
about the Eibachs and mixed things on the H&Rs as well.

rs_1101
09-18-2003, 06:34 PM
looking at eibach pro kit...

BlackNRedSi
11-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by rs_1101
looking at eibach pro kit...

did u ever buy these springs? if so, u like them thus far?

thanks

eric

r3p00c
11-05-2003, 01:35 PM
i went with the pro-kits as well. they are supposed to be here next friday, and i'm installing them over the weekend.

i met psylovibe at the meet last weekend, and he had them installed... perfect drop in my opinion, you don't need a camber kit, and they're very easy on your stock shocks.

rs_1101
11-05-2003, 02:47 PM
wow.. this is an ooode thread. acutally i went with the tein stechs. thus far i am pretty happy. they do reduce bodyroll, but hte springrate is alittle lower than it probably should be, overall... good ride, niiiiiice drop effect. they definitly ride fairly well.. but i havent much basis for comparison.

from what ive heard, you will not be dissapointed with any eibach product.

raiyo
11-05-2003, 07:53 PM
i currently have tein springs, i love the ride and all, BUT.... get pro-kit, heheh. reason is because my tein spring gives out a knocking sound when i turn the steering wheel. it will go away if i spray some wd40 on it. also, lately i've been rubbing when i turn, so something alittle higher be better. just my 2 cents