PDA

View Full Version : you can tell it's the season to have the windows down...

jaydub
09-17-2003, 03:59 PM
I scared the shit out of some old lady when I blew by her at WOT and my noisy ass intake pffft'ed and roared. :angel:

http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/rock.gif

2LATEV8
09-17-2003, 04:00 PM
hey jaydub i do that all the time going down nellis.

NamingException
09-17-2003, 05:18 PM
That's funny. It's getting closer to the season to put the windows UP here.

the JigGa mAn
09-17-2003, 05:45 PM
what WOT??

yakov456
09-17-2003, 05:50 PM
WOT=Wide open throttle

Suk02Si
09-17-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by NamingException
That's funny. It's getting closer to the season to put the windows UP here.

its sooo damn hot in vegas that people are probably runnin their a/c like mad. Summer is at its end and vegas probably has some pretty nice weather right about now.

:)

HondaMan
09-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Yep, loving the windows down weather...got to love fall! :)

Sb00
09-17-2003, 07:14 PM
heh i was crusin around with just my cat and no midpipe hooked up :) i got some pretty interesting looks and faces drvin around :)

starting to put the windows down in vegas?!?! i've been drivin around all summer with the windows down :) can't sacrifice that extra power there :) feels like the car gets neutered when the ac's on

Brettnyt
09-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Sb00
heh i was crusin around with just my cat and no midpipe hooked up :) i got some pretty interesting looks and faces drvin around :)

starting to put the windows down in vegas?!?! i've been drivin around all summer with the windows down :) can't sacrifice that extra power there :) feels like the car gets neutered when the ac's on

My friends laughed when i said that the AC slows the car down... Some people just dont know when to listen to me...

Brettnyt
09-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
I scared the shit out of some old lady when I blew by her at WOT and my noisy ass intake pffft'ed and roared. :angel:

http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/rock.gif

Damn i need an intake... Oh, BTW, nice icon...

furious
09-18-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

Damn i need an intake... Oh, BTW, nice icon...

Best part is I have to run under two bridges every morning to work, and they are both at stoplights....acceleration with SRI at WOT is LLLLOOOUUUUUUDDDDD!!! Sounds like a friggin raid..

NamingException
09-18-2003, 05:38 AM
I have a favorite long bridge to go under where I can slow down to 20 and run up to redline in 2nd. It sounds awesome!

Brettnyt
09-18-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by furious

Best part is I have to run under two bridges every morning to work, and they are both at stoplights....acceleration with SRI at WOT is LLLLOOOUUUUUUDDDDD!!! Sounds like a friggin raid..

SWEET! Which sounds better, SRI or CAI?

fsugatorbait
09-18-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

SWEET! Which sounds better, SRI or CAI?

I had an Iceman CAI on my accord. It was made in two pieces, one being an extension that relocated the filter outside of the engine bay. During the winter I would take off the 2nd piece and attach the filter to the end of the first, kinda turning it into a SRI. With that setup the thing was loud as hell. So going with that experiece, I would have to say the SRI would be louder over a CAI. Just my .02

jaydub
09-18-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Sb00

haha yeah i know the power takes a mean dip when I use the AC, but I'm usually wearing dress clothes, so I don't wanna show up to work all sweaty and stinkin. :D

BTW, thanks for your msg on AIM the other day bro! I didn't get the job :( but it was worth a shot anyway. Oh yeah, it was with City of Henderson btw. Hey I remember seeing a long time ago that your car was in the shop for some pretty major stuff, what became of that?

HondaMan
09-18-2003, 08:19 AM
My Typhoon (SRI) sounds great and probably sounds just like a CAI...check out this sound/video clip of my SRI in action:
http://www.pryor.ws/Movies/Typhoon_Revving.WMV :)

jaydub
09-18-2003, 08:46 AM
haha that looks like the view of someone playing with themselves, as filmed from under their nuts.

Zero Three Si
09-18-2003, 10:53 AM
It's windows down all year round in Chicago...

You have your 50 degree days in January
You have your 60 degree days in June
You have your 50 degree days in Late October.

Gotta love Chicago weather

It's just those 100 Degree days in August and
the -10 Degree days in Febuary that you have to hate.

02TafWhtSi
09-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Unless there's 90-100% humidity or over 95 degrees my windows are down and the sunroof is back :cool:

bloodzombie
09-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
It's windows down all year round in Chicago...

You have your 50 degree days in January
You have your 60 degree days in June
You have your 50 degree days in Late October.

Gotta love Chicago weather

It's just those 100 Degree days in August and
the -10 Degree days in Febuary that you have to hate.

Chicago weather is the absolute worst. blistering cold in the winter and insane heat in the summer... half the time you don't even get a spring or a fall, it just swings from one to the other.

NamingException
09-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
Unless there's 90-100% humidity or over 95 degrees my windows are down and the sunroof is back :cool:

I wish we had one of those beer icons like honda-tech does so I could cheers you. Nothing like driving around with the windows down and the stereo up.

Zero Three Si
09-19-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by NamingException

I wish we had one of those beer icons like honda-tech does so I could cheers you. Nothing like driving around with the windows down and the stereo up.

Windows down....stereo up....

I wonder if thats where the saying "face down azz up" came from