PDA

View Full Version : 14' Steelies for winter?

blackyEP3
09-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Just need a quick answer here.

Looking to get a set of used steelies with winter tires for the CRAZY Canadian winters.

Will I run into anything rubbing (brakes) if I get 14" steelies. The tires are 195/60R14.

I am going to get the ghetto Spoon look for cheap! :D

Any help would be appriciated!! :cool:

ep pilot
09-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Geeze Louise, Is it that time yet? I'm still hanging onto nice sunny days.

I think If I lived in the snow belt, I'm the type that would still rock my summer tires, just so I could slide around.

blackyEP3
09-17-2003, 09:01 PM
Yup!! Sad but true.............................snow is upon us real soon!

Need.................answer to question..........

or else will miss decent deal...........

please?;)

ep pilot
09-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Seriously, I doubt there will be any issue with size, remeber theres probably not much different from our front suspension geometry to an LX Civic, of which sports 14" as o.e.m. size wheels. I would bet you will be just fine.

-Ryan

furious
09-18-2003, 04:57 AM
I live on top of a steep hill and there was one time when two school buses banked on snow....a minivan perpendicular to the road (with frontend in snow) and four others vehicles that park onto the side...and a Rodeo that wouldn't free the road up but instead revved like madness to go the 1/4 mile...of course I still managed to roll along with snow tires...in New England...they are absolutely essential...for me, it is getting home or not.

I tried a set of 14s on mine...and I don't quite remember was the clearance on their (the calipers) or was the clearance ridiculously narrow....either way, I didn't go with and plan to buy some 15s for this coming season....

oh....the humanity.....did I mention that I hate New England for its weather? and scenary....and numerous overweight beasty couch potatoes that have nothing to look forward to other than to ding or dent your car in the parking lots...ah forget it...ignore me....I'm just a bitch this morning...

blueiedgod
09-18-2003, 05:32 AM
Tirerack lists 14x5.5 as optional winter wheel and tire package, along with 15 inchers.

blackyEP3
09-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Alright!!! Thanks for the input guys!! The over all diameter is going to be exactly 1 inch smaller, I think I should be able to live with it considing its 1/2 the price of new.