PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a blue, euro yellow, white Ep3 paint their int trim bodycolor...?

ep pilot
09-18-2003, 12:02 AM
I was just wondering, I've been getting more anal about my care of late, and just thought about something. I love my Satin Silver & all, I mean I got it because my previous car was black & I didn't want to go through that song & dance ever again, eventhough the black Ep3's are my favorite. White, well if your not into the whole JDM thing, IMO white on the Ep3 is like ehh... Please no offense to anyone thats got a white Ep3. I liked the blue....but this raises my topic in question here. I really got my Satin Silver SI because the interior trim matches the exterior (almost) I'm getting my front bumper cover re-done in a month, and am going to have the hood-squirters (mabey) <C/F hood might be pending> painted along with the center dash trim and the silver door trim, because the sun has started to bleach them a bit, also I think I would like it better with clear coat????

My point is, I would have gotten a blue Ep3 if I was thinking what I'm thinking now about painting the o.e.m. silver interior trim to match the exterior. But hey...... I love how the silver stays clean forever, nicks and scratches are hardly visible, I might have about 20-30 nicks in the hood from freeway commuting, but you wouldnt know it.

Has anyone with a white, euro yellow, or VBP EP3 painted their factory silver trim to match? if so I would love to see a picture of that, I bet it looks pretty nice. Again, Im talking about keeping an o.e. appearance, balance is everything. I'm not talking about all of the ricer interior jobs people did in the late 80's & 90's where they painted the vents, door handles, instrument binnacle etc... just the stock (silver) trim.

-Ryan

Suk02Si
09-18-2003, 12:04 AM
Oceleris(sp?) painted his interior NBP. I think its in the Interior forum.

Suk02Si
09-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Here's the thread, it was actually in the Custom forum.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17968

02situner
09-18-2003, 02:19 PM
i did mine in red here is a look
http://www.garlic.com/~jerrydj/mycivic/fun/MVC-005F.JPG

cjonesgo
09-18-2003, 02:36 PM
i thought about doing my interior to match my exterior (blue) but thought the interior would be way too busy visually. the off black of the dash, silver/black/red seat, and off white and orange gauges. adding blue just seemed to mess up the whole thing.
this sounds overboard, but one of the reasons that i have not bought a new stereo is because i cannot find one that matches in face color and light color. i really do not want a new cool part that looks out of place.
silver on the dash ties in with the seat color. so i think it will stay. i would be corios to see a ploished silver though. keep uis posted...
the red dash looks cool. a bit too transformers for me to want it on my car, but cool. nice job!! anyone tried white yet?

cjonesgo
09-18-2003, 03:36 PM
i thought about doing my interior to match my exterior (blue) but thought the interior would be way too busy visually. the off black of the dash, silver/black/red seat, and off white and orange gauges. adding blue just seemed to mess up the whole thing.
this sounds overboard, but one of the reasons that i have not bought a new stereo is because i cannot find one that matches in face color and light color. i really do not want a new cool part that looks out of place.
silver on the dash ties in with the seat color. so i think it will stay. i would be corios to see a ploished silver though. keep uis posted...
the red dash looks cool. a bit too transformers for me to want it on my car, but cool. nice job!! anyone tried white yet?

TheMutt
09-18-2003, 03:58 PM
I think it would be cool if, for those of us w/ white eps, we did a custom yellow interior. It would be pimp, it'd be like the yolk inside the egg!

Rey
09-18-2003, 04:31 PM
I got a VBP SI, and I was thinking of buying one of those dash kits and painting that so that if it looks bad, I could just take it off. Eventually, I am going to do it, and paint all the red thread and accents blue and change the LED's behind the gaiges and stuff. But untill I pay it off, it's a bit drastic and expensive.
I like the red a blue combo, just need white rims and I got the american flag.:D