PDA

View Full Version : Is your dad wierd?

SI-lent
09-18-2003, 02:29 PM
My dad took out my car yesterday because he had a flat on his accord. I come home after school and I see him smiling with a ticket in his hand. It was a racing citation. wtf???? He said a prelude wouln't let him pass so he said he sped up until he saw sirens behind him. He thinks he was going 90-100.

The 92 Accord is sitting in the driveway, and I don't trust my dad with my car anymore. Will our stock ep rimz and tires fit the 92 Accord?
I'll get a pic if it fits.
Thanks guys.

psylovibe
09-18-2003, 02:34 PM
if the accord is a 4lug yes.

shimmy_yaz
09-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Thats great your dad is the shit

JapanExpress
09-18-2003, 02:37 PM
The accord is probably 4x114.3, at least the 94-02 ones are. Your civic is 4x100.

IceD out N CALI
09-18-2003, 02:41 PM
my dad is opposite of yours, he drives slow as hell and never races

younggotti266
09-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Your dad seems like a cool mofo....

he probably used to smoke pot too......

You should smoke him out....

JapanExpress
09-18-2003, 02:44 PM
smoking pot does NOT make you cool :rolleyes:

Stoop
09-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by SI-lent
I come home after school and I see him smiling with a ticket in his hand. It was a racing citation. wtf???? He said a prelude wouln't let him pass so he said he sped up until he saw sirens behind him. He thinks he was going 90-100.

Your dad kicks ass!!!!:D

1flySi2002
09-18-2003, 02:53 PM
My dad drives slow too, usually doesn't make it to the speed limit. lol.

Civicvtec1ps
09-18-2003, 02:58 PM
i dad shift at 4k ALL the time

Suk02Si
09-18-2003, 04:13 PM
My dad is a little wacky, drives kinda fast but a little erratic(sudden lane changes, etc..):D

foilpan
09-18-2003, 05:01 PM
<rambling>
i took my dad for a drive when i got my my ep last year. i think he was scared because i revved up near redline.

he said something like: "getting pretty high on the tach, eh?"

he shifts his corolla around 2-2.5k all day long so he can get sick mileage from it. he complains his car has no power and is dangerous merging on highways, etc.

i asked him for a ride one day while my old si was in the shop, and he almost crapped himself because i revved his car to get some power to the wheels...

anyway, my dad drives like a granny even though he's 48. and he's weird, too.

</rambling>

EnJaNir
09-18-2003, 05:13 PM
after hondata...my dad took it to 7800 through 3rd...he got the car to jump and chirp in 2nd..and chirp hard in 3rd :D

Zero Three Si
09-18-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by JapanExpress

I second that....I just gave my 17yr old cousin the ass beating of his life cuz I caught him with pot.

Jester
09-18-2003, 06:26 PM
yeah what's with all the pot lately...grow the fuck up...

my dad is 50, retired nuts...drives slow all the time and tells me how his truck never gets past 3 grand on the tach and then I let him drive my car....double lanes both ways with a 3 km stretch that leads right to the cop shop...

he jumps it on an Alero from the lights and stays in the lead (2 in the afternoon on a Saturday)hits the rev limiter 3 times in second and at least twice in third..beat on the alero and the guy (about the same age as my dad) gives the thumbs up at the next light...

fools...

I raced him in his 98 Riviera a couple of times.(supercharged V6) and he gets me barely in third but it has a limiter of 170km/h and I blew by him and gave him the finger on the highway @ 200+..

got home and he had to change his rotors the next day because they got so hot from braking the beast...

ep pilot
09-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Yeah my dad is weird, he doesn't like my Ep. Or am I weird for liking it?

-Ryan

tsa1
09-18-2003, 10:26 PM
ya my dad is weird, he gets mad at me for hittin vtec and on day he borrowed my car to go to the store.so when he turns onto the street he kinda cut someone off and the next thing i hear is that sweet vtec going off. he comes back and said that he vtec'd it and that it was fun. he asked me if his element had it i was like no. he also seems to think that buying stuff for my car is a waste of money, now thats just crazy haha. ok so maybe i should be saving my money but o well.

eggot
09-18-2003, 10:37 PM
while were on the dad driving the car topic. 1. my dad wouldnt co sign for me unless i let him drive it off the lot. while driving home off from the lot my dad recived a speeding ticket for 90 in a 45. 2. my dad refused to let me install my nitrous kit in my car unless he got to shoot it first. haha i guess i lucked out wit parents that support HORSEPOWER my dad was callin me honda fag the whole way to the dealer. he obviously stopped with the drive home and the juice ride. hes in for a treat with my new car . he used to have a built 1st gen supra that he loved he still talks about how it "rips" what we call pulls now. so im shure hell love my new car having full boost from 3.5 till 7.5 rpm mmmmmmm

p. s

MOM ripped the si to
mom can downshift like a champ !

phatfreeza
09-18-2003, 10:43 PM
several things...my dad used to drive like a maniac...or at least that's what my mom says (dad always denies it) .... mom said he stopped cuz of one too many speeding tickets :p

drove the ep while we were in the buying phase... he said it felt smooth and very linear but nothing about power.

6000 miles later, and a cai, he takes it out to do an errand... comes back and says, "son, your car accelerates pretty fast, i hit 70 without even knowing it...be careful out there!" i wonder if he'd freak if he knew i was shifitng at 6800... :) he shifts at 4K and thinks he's the bomb :) heheheh... but my dad loves the car! especially after i gave it a good 8 hour wax job, he says the car feels unreal! :eek: nothing like getting a compliment from daddy-o, the man who taught me how to wax! sorry for the long post! :angel:

bao_pay
09-19-2003, 01:10 AM
my dad is pretty wierd... if you ask him if he wants something he says no... so I ask him if he wants to drive my car when I first get it and he says no. But when my bros not home and his lude is on the driveway my dad and I go for joy rides in my bros car... hm... maybe I should keep the valet key in my room...:o

kenis138
09-19-2003, 06:00 AM
my dad passed away a couple years ago, but yeah, he as weird :D
On occasions varying from going to the grocery store to family vacations, my dad was CAPTAIN ROAD RAGE <DAHDAHDAHDAAAAAA!!>
From what my mom tells me, i only witnessed his tamer days. A few stories I've heard from a couple years after his service in Vietnam:
1. Wrecked his 69 roadrunner canyon racing with a buddy
2. Kicked a womans door in after she refused to acknowledge she had his his car in a parking lot when he saw her do it.
3. Almost got into a fight with the affirmative action officer at the University cuz the guys son was throwing rocks at his car.

He calmed down after he met my mom, but still wouldnt let anyone pass him:o :D

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 09:53 AM
My dad drives 80/90 on the highway ever since i can remember, but when it comes to kids driving , "slow down", that's wierd to me, not to mention it's like i raised hitler from the grave if i ever get a ticket, EVEN at 26, and I'm Jewish!

...also

Why does everyone take such offense to pot referances. I mean give me a break, pots no worse then drinking for sure. OOooO what it's illegal? so is racing, and i don't hear to many "Grow the fuck up"'s when it comes to racing around this board, not to mention racing has about the potential to be 100x more addicting and harmful.

Jester
09-19-2003, 10:06 AM
take it to the high times forum if you wanna talk aout weed that's all, gloating about how much weed you smoke and how much you can drink until you pass out is just a sign of your immaturity...and besides no one cares...

just my opinion dude, don't take offence, I'm not attacking anyone.

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 10:13 AM
I understand that, but people were just making jokes, and you are all "Grow the fuck up", dunno man, maybe you need to smoke a bowl and relax lol.

^^ see joke haha.

Jester
09-19-2003, 10:16 AM
haha cool!

kenis138
09-19-2003, 11:46 AM
its easy to see why some posts warrant a "grow the fuck up" and some dont.

"I favor the legalization of marijuana" - cool

"Yo yo yo, now that mah weed is kew wid deez fuckfaces, im gonna go blow a cloud right in deh face" - GTFU

Same thing for streetracing threads or any conversation topic. Theres a difference between stating your opinion and being an idiot about stating your opinion.

klik
09-19-2003, 12:03 PM
my dad well!!!!!!!!! my dad is kinda weird he told me im wasting ma money putting shit on ma car, and he scared to drive ma car cuz its too fast for him, when he used to drive a stang gt and drive it like a mad man i think cux it was a automagic! fucken weird

TripleJ02
09-19-2003, 03:47 PM
my dad is worse then i am. hes been workin on cars for the past 30 years and drives a 00 porsche c4 convertable and a z06. Both with more mods then my si had. O and we went for a ride the other day where he showed me how his porsche can do 130 and it still can handle like it was doing 60.

He also tells me he wouldnt do anything crazy with a passenger. 130 while weavin not too crazy?

He tells me not to get speeding tickets cause i cant afford em. But since he can afford em he thinks screw it all and drives his car like he stole it.

02situner
09-19-2003, 04:53 PM
My kids love going in the si with me. they are always telling me to go faster and race people. both my daughters love going fast. they are still a ways away from driving though luckily. i am almost 33 and cant seem to slow down. i am the type that if a wanna be racer pulls up at light and inches up on me i smoke him. And i say wanna be racers because if they had anything good they would beet me. i will only go so crazy in town.

younggotti266
09-19-2003, 08:26 PM

who said it did?

To me cool is someone that isn't all uptight and anal about shit

Not

Oh man that guy is so cool he has stickers on his car

And i am grown the fuck up......you should grow the fuck up and stop listening to the propaganda that the gov. put out there and actually start finding the real facts

The only reason pot is illegal is because there is no way for the government to profit form legalization, even if they taxed it people would grow it themselves to avoid it......

like sniperSI said...
Pot is no worse than drinking(alcohol).....if you think it is you better go do your homework.....Plus Pot is a plant not a man made substance like alcohol and cigarettes but they are legal and kill thousands of people each year....

estebones
09-19-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm not trying to bash anyone but there is a time and a place for everything and I dont think an EP board is the right place to brag about how you smoke weed. IMO

Jester
09-19-2003, 09:27 PM
^
all I was trying to get across

anyway I love my dad but he's crazy now..ya'know when his blood sugar gets low...watch out!

MrCivic03
09-19-2003, 09:52 PM
ya my dad is a little slow these days. and he is always mad about spendin money in a car when it wont get u money back(unless u win ish) but he like to go fast but not when i drive. he will let me rev up to 6.8 but he get freaky if i rev high in traffic... it scares the grannies.hehehe

SI-lent
09-19-2003, 09:55 PM
tried to put the si rimz on the accord. it would have looked nice but i guess its a 114.3x4 since the rimz woulnd't fit. so i just took the flat off the accord and got it patched at car x for 2 dollars.

by the way my dad gets kinda funny when his blood sugar is low too, u guys should have seen it when my mom got home and saw that citation. one time we were in chigago and it was raining; he waited for a stop sign to turn green.

Brettnyt
09-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by kenis138
its easy to see why some posts warrant a "grow the fuck up" and some dont.

"I favor the legalization of marijuana" - cool

"Yo yo yo, now that mah weed is kew wid deez fuckfaces, im gonna go blow a cloud right in deh face" - GTFU

Same thing for streetracing threads or any conversation topic. Theres a difference between stating your opinion and being an idiot about stating your opinion.

Good call...

As for my dad, he can be pretty cool sometimes... He was on a business trip last night and he called me just to tell me how cool the road was on the way down there. "Did you go fast" "Well, i would never admit to it..." He can be a lil devil in his BMW 330xi... He hast had much of a chance to drive my car, but he would like it... He is pretty neutral about my mods, he sometimes asks me what i wanna do to my car, but since my mom doesnt want me to mod, he cant influence me too much... He has a fuzz buster and all, had some pretty nasty speeding tickets in his time, but not many that he would admit to... EG, over 100 mph in Canada while driving a Ford Explore with firestones :eek:

IknowApirate
09-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

I second that....I just gave my 17yr old cousin the ass beating of his life cuz I caught him with pot.

Wow, you're a dick. Maybe if it was your pot, but come on... I wouldn't say pot makes anyone cool, no drugs make you cool, but beating someone's ass for smoking pot makes you quite uncool. Do you check to see if he used his toothbrush at night too?

Brettnyt
09-20-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by IknowApirate

Wow, you're a dick. Maybe if it was your pot, but come on... I wouldn't say pot makes anyone cool, no drugs make you cool, but beating someone's ass for smoking pot makes you quite uncool. Do you check to see if he used his toothbrush at night too?

Sorry dude, but i think its a lil different... :rolleyes:

bao_pay
09-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by IknowApirate

I gotta agree with you... when did this thread become a saturday morning war against drugs commercial? I don't smoke up, but don't hate on people that do. There are more people who smoke up then people realize. Plus how is kicking your cousins ass compare to smoking a blunt? Shiet, the law protects marijuana smokers more then it does psychos who assault people...

chubbychu
09-21-2003, 12:40 AM
my dad gets mad about me modding...but than after awhile calms down and approves of it...werid huh!

ecsahs3
09-21-2003, 10:58 AM
I dad is a freakin old school street racer. My uncle and him use to tune and own corvettes. My dad said he fcuked up when he got married. When I had my first car, an RX-7, we just finished working on his '67 Chevy truck with a 383. He was always draggin' is his truck...coming home talking about kill stories. Then, whenever he drove my RX-7, he was definitely a bad influence. Mashing and swerving through traffic. He just past those traits onto me. My grandfather was the same way, who past his driving traits onto my father. My dad said it's the German in our blood. He tells me to be careful because I'm half asian and my mom doesn't know how to drive.

specialblend154
09-21-2003, 05:56 PM
hahaha what a funny thread. anyways i dont really encourage my mom driving my car. she crashed hers and was like i might need youor car for a month, then i thought back to how she drives stick ( going around 90 degree turns in 4th) and all the dings in the doors. then i thought about my 40 series tires and my racing harts getting curbed. lucky she got a rental. i try to get my sister to drive my car just cause the fact she has a 94 tercel and no one deserves that car but she is content driving it over my Hannah. oh yeah blazing is fun.

audomatik
09-22-2003, 11:37 PM

yeah but NOT smoking pot doesn't either...

bloodzombie
09-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by audomatik

Can't argue with logic.

kenis138
09-24-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by audomatik

Touche'!

i used to know this super straight edge guy who would laugh and roll his eyes every time you cracked open a beer. he was the boyfriend of this girl i knew. she eventually broke up with him b/c of his lack of interest in sex.

CIVICBOOST
09-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Everyones parents are weird, I let my dad drive my EP after I put my intake and Catback on. I rode shotgun and he said it was bitchin, he was shifting at 4K too :D . I think he just didnt feel comfortable getting on it since its fairly new. He drives his 64' Plymouth Sport Fury with a fully built 440, 11 seconds in the quarter mile.:cool: