PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! Eibach Pro-kit clanking supension noise.

fASTBACK
09-18-2003, 06:24 PM
My suspension just started to do this a couple of days ago. There is a clanking noise coming from the back supension. The noise is like a bouncing basketball kind of. It's really loud when I'm reversing or taking off from a stop and also when I'm slowing down. It doesn't happen all the time when I take off or reverse, but it happens everytime I drive.
It is becoming more constant and is really bugging the hell out of me. I checked to see if it was my JDM CTR rear sway or my skunk 2 rear lower tie that might be the problem, but it is not. I have stock shocks and it is still riding perfect. The performance has not been hindered but the noise is driving me crazy.
I have about 19K miles and had the springs on for about 1 1/2 years. I think the springs might be damaged. I think I have to buy new springs but would rather put the money else where. The rubber things are wrapped aound the springs also to prevent noise but It is now making noises. Any help will be great.

Thanks,

Mike

!@#$%
09-18-2003, 10:38 PM
ya. i hear you on that one. My progress springs are doing the exact same thing. Im just going to invest in the tein basic and be done with it seeing how I want new shocks anyway. Good luck resolving the problem. :)

NamingException
09-19-2003, 06:40 AM
I'd be awful surprised if the spring itself was damaged. When you put them on did you make sure the spring was seated correctly? I mean, did you push it into the rubber holder around it good? I'd put your car up on jacks and check all the bolts on your suspension. I've got the same springs, haven't had any problems with them whatsoever- they haven't been on as long as yours though.

02SilverSiHB
09-19-2003, 06:54 AM
could still be something with your sway bar. I know chunky said that if you tighten the end links to the sway bar with the car jacked up you could end up having problems later on, as the sway bar make not actually be tightened all the way. Try to tighten them while the car is down on the ground if you can, which you should since, it's not slammed with the pro kit.

fASTBACK
09-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Thanks guys for your help. I will check my bar again but i dont think that is the problem. Performance is still all there. All the bolts are tightend and I will make sure again. Anymore suggestions will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Mike.

ephatch.com
09-19-2003, 10:06 PM
buy a new car !
j/k, i'm not familiar with the EPs' but try checking the upper bolts where the rear suspension bolts up and spray some wd40 around it; or u can just come over to my house and i can take a look at it..

Peace !

fASTBACK
09-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Someone ban this guy. Where is Steve when you need him.:D

Still havn't got a chance to check it out yet. I will weds though. It is getting louder now and more consistant. Seems like it really happens on roads that are not that smoothed. I will recheck the rubber around the springs and retighten the sway bar while on the ground. The driver side will be easy, but the passenger side might be hard because of the exhaust.

Thanks.

joneSi
09-23-2003, 10:30 AM
Mine is doing this too. I just got honda to tell me what they thought. They think that its the spring is out of place, just turned. Still a pain.

joneSi

2003EPHatch
09-23-2003, 11:32 AM
I had this problem with my Eibach Pro-Kit that I had on my previous car (2002 Lancer). I was on stock shocks and I still had excellant handling but it seemed anytime I hit any type of bump or dip in the road the front of my car sounded like it was just crumbling. It was a constant shaking noise and thunk thunk deal. I checked the top of the struts to insure they were properly tightened in which they were and I also checked to make sure the springs were properly seated on the shocks. I did trade that car in for my EP3. To this day I have no idea what the problem was with the setup. Hopefully you can get this figured out. Good luck.

fASTBACK
09-24-2003, 10:45 AM
02SilverSiHB, you are the man!! It was my sway afterall. I pulled my car into a bay where I work and went down stairs to check everything out. I retighten my endlinks even though they were pretty tight already. It is no longer making the clanking noise anymore. Now, it is making a sqeaking noise like how a door makes when you open it but a little deeper. Only happens when I first drive the car though. Say when I back up out of my drive way. I think it is because I might have tighten it to much. But I am happy with the way it turned out. Thanks guys for ya'lls help.

Thanks,

Mike :D :D :D

2003EPHatch
09-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Glad to hear the problems solved!

02SilverSiHB
09-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by fASTBACK
02SilverSiHB, you are the man!! It was my sway afterall. I pulled my car into a bay where I work and went down stairs to check everything out. I retighten my endlinks even though they were pretty tight already. It is no longer making the clanking noise anymore. Now, it is making a sqeaking noise like how a door makes when you open it but a little deeper. Only happens when I first drive the car though. Say when I back up out of my drive way. I think it is because I might have tighten it to much. But I am happy with the way it turned out. Thanks guys for ya'lls help.

Thanks,

Mike :D :D :D
sweet :D I think I'm getting a clunking sound from my rear sway...it's sounds like it's coming from the front, I tried everything! I'm going to have to tighten the rear end links again. I have to give credit to chunky actually since he had mentioned something like this in another thread