PDA

View Full Version : upper grille options?

Tenacious G
09-18-2003, 08:32 PM
ok, i've searched for this before but have turned up nothing. but do EP owners have any options for an upper grille besides Grille Tech's offering? i thought i had seen someone who went to home depot, bought some sort of metal grille material and replacing his OEM one.

anyhoo ... anyone know of any alternatives for an upper grille?

thanks

civicSIracer
09-18-2003, 09:11 PM
mugen makes a badass grill for our car.

Black 02 SI
09-21-2003, 08:26 PM
hey, I just made an upper and lower grille for my car, I will post pics tomorow after I take some. I got the grille shit from my friends shop I don't know where he got it, but it works bad ass. I took out the factory upper grille and customized the mesh stuff to fit, then wrapped the outside of the mesh with black door edge guard. I think it looks nice, I will make a new upper next week, I cut the one side a little to short which makes a little gap, barely noticable, but I'm picky, lol. after I post the pics I was thinking of making these for people. the lower grille just goes over the bottom and hooks on with two wires.

Tenacious G
09-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Black 02 SI
hey, I just made an upper and lower grille for my car, I will post pics tomorow after I take some. I got the grille shit from my friends shop I don't know where he got it, but it works bad ass. I took out the factory upper grille and customized the mesh stuff to fit, then wrapped the outside of the mesh with black door edge guard. I think it looks nice, I will make a new upper next week, I cut the one side a little to short which makes a little gap, barely noticable, but I'm picky, lol. after I post the pics I was thinking of making these for people. the lower grille just goes over the bottom and hooks on with two wires.

yeah, that's more of what i was interested in. let me know where you got the material for the grill. pics and a step-by-step process would kick ass.

Black 02 SI
09-22-2003, 09:17 PM
I put some pics in the custom section, check them out.

chubbychu
09-22-2003, 09:33 PM
cant you get that stuff at home depot? around the building materials section? called...mesh sheeting. its a HUGE piece for like 3 bucks

Black 02 SI
09-22-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure if you can, I think that stuff is way smaller holes. I will find out where my friend got this stuff. I think it looks bad ass. I need to make the top one again, cause I cut it a little off and there is a small gap on one side, but nothing major. the bottom was easy as hell.

chubbychu
09-22-2003, 10:45 PM
how did you attach it again?

Black 02 SI
09-22-2003, 10:48 PM
very thin metal wire. the bottom I cut to fit inside the bumper, then used about 3 pieces of the wire. the top I took out the original grille, and cut the new to the size of the outside of the old grille, and attached it with the same wire, the top was a little tricky cause there is a lip with bolt holes that the grille has to go in front of on the bottom, kinda hard to explain, if you take your grille out you will see what I'm talking about.

chubbychu
09-22-2003, 10:52 PM
im familiar with the bumper/grill insert setup. but i just dont understand how you did it...=o) im a visual learner