PDA

View Full Version : ctr shift boot

sai_iii
09-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Where can i get one of these?

JapanExpress
09-18-2003, 08:57 PM
I got mine when I found it on ebay for the best price I had seen. There are always a few there.

On a related note, I'm installing mine tomorrow, anyone have tips on it? Anything to look out for?

Civicvtec1ps
09-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by JapanExpress
I got mine when I found it on ebay for the best price I had seen. There are always a few there.

On a related note, I'm installing mine tomorrow, anyone have tips on it? Anything to look out for?
no tips. 5 min installation. twist boot. unscrew stock shiftknob. pull out shifter dash. unscrew like 4 screws for stock boot. put ctr boot

Civicvtec1ps
09-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by sai_iii
Where can i get one of these?
www.tornactive.com
www.hondawerx.com.
www.ebay.com

sai_iii
09-18-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by JapanExpress

What did you search under because i can't find it in ebay. Also how much did you pay for it? hondawerx doesn't have it and tornactive has it for 45 bucks. i don't know if i wanna spend that much on a shift boot...

JapanExpress
09-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Well I can't find any on ebay today, keep checking though. I got mine for $44 shipped from there.

BarracksSi
09-20-2003, 07:21 PM
FYI, hondaautomotiveparts.com has the stock USDM shift boot for about $50, so there's no real price difference between the two.

seattlecivic
09-21-2003, 09:00 AM
Yes there is. JDM allows you to use after-market shift knobs, while the USDM doesn't. ^_^

BarracksSi
09-21-2003, 09:06 AM
I said, in part,

Originally posted by BarracksSi
...there's no real price difference between the two.

Nothing about aftermarket knobs.

NBP_03Si
09-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by seattlecivic
Yes there is. JDM allows you to use after-market shift knobs, while the USDM doesn't. ^_^ :confused:

i have an after market shfit knob (skunk2) and i don't have jdm boot.

Civicvtec1ps
09-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by NBP_03Si
:confused:

i have an after market shfit knob (skunk2) and i don't have jdm boot. but it doesnt look good.
haha
def need jdm clip for aftemarket knobs..

Rey
09-22-2003, 03:25 PM
What is the difference between the USDM and JDM shift boot?

JapanExpress
09-22-2003, 03:31 PM
The USDM boot connects to the factory knob, so if you put most aftermarket knobs on there it will sag. The CTR boot has a trim ring that allows an aftermarket knob to be put on, without making the boot sag. Try doing a search, I know I've seen tons of pics that compare the two.

I installed mine and a skunk2 knob this past weekend and love how subtle it is.

SeatownEP02
10-01-2003, 10:07 PM
how do you take the shifter dash off?

BarracksSi
10-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Look in this thread:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3024

and in this how-to on k-series.com :

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_HU_INSTALL

It's pretty simple, but you have to be patient to keep from bending or breaking the garnish (as Honda labels it).

- Pull down the shift boot's chrome piece from the knob.
- Unscrew the knob.
- Poke your thumbs into the rubber part of the boot, and start pulling the whole lower plastic section away from the dash.
- You'll discover several tabs that secure the garnish into the dash. I had to wiggle & tease the one on the far right, by the blank hole filler, to eventually work it loose.
- Once it's off the dash, and the hazard button is unplugged, it's pretty easy to see what to unscrew to replace the shift boot itself.
- Put everything back together, and don't forget to plug the hazard button back in or else your turn signals won't work (learned that, too).

Thanks, PAXIE -

SeatownEP02
10-01-2003, 11:35 PM
thanks for the info bro