PDA

View Full Version : wth is wrong with my steering wheel?

team ERA 5
09-18-2003, 11:39 PM
aight guys before i ran my car at the track i was in line waiting...and i start rolling a little and my steering wheel starts squeeking...like at lil left and right turns but when i go faster and turn the sound is gone....my friend told me it was my springs but i raised my car and nothings in the way.....then like it when away,,,but just today i downshifted (i was bored) 60 mph to 3rd gear...and when i pulled up to the stop light it started making the sound again wth can it be????? the squeeking noise is annoying what can i be?

chubbychu
09-18-2003, 11:49 PM
man, it seems like you have lots of problems with your neuspeeds....get rid of them dude

civic hatch boi
09-19-2003, 12:18 AM
naw... neuspeeds roc!

02SilverSiHB
09-19-2003, 06:50 AM
this is a common problem with our cars when we go with an aftermarket spring. It could either be you don't have enough grease on the top of the spring where the spring housing mates the o ring, or it is your tie rods. I have a slight creaking sound I'm still working on, I believe it is now the tie rods.

glw
09-19-2003, 09:15 AM
brakes?

Loopylove R
09-23-2003, 02:59 PM
This is not an anwser, but my car has the same problem. It only happens when I had my heavy ass 17" ALT 7 on. With my stock rims are put back on, the noise never happens. I all stock springs and shocks so I don't know if this helps. I would however like to know what is causing this if anyone finds out.