PDA

View Full Version : This question is for the people who know what there talking about..

AsH KatCH ME
09-18-2003, 11:40 PM
well i recently installed VAFC2 in my car, took it out for a run works hella good felt like i have VTEC foreals, anyways then two minutes later my check engine light comes on and i cant rev pass 4k, so i disconect the battery and reset my ecu through the fuse box, okay now i go just criuse around keepin my rpms below 3, a few minutes later check engine light again! what can it be?

labelhunter
09-19-2003, 04:23 AM
Check Your Oil.

JSIR
09-19-2003, 05:04 PM
I dont know what I am talking about, but I like to help guys out that need it.

chances are you have a loose wire connection which is putting the car in limp mode. Too bad you cant read the check engine light as that would direct us to the culprit. Check all your connections make sure they are all in the right location and are tight/proper connections. I dont know if the vafc you have is designed to work on our engine but if it is then you probably have a loose connection. Low oil levels can do that as well but chances are its related to your vafc connection.

Joey

labelhunter
09-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Thanks joey, I guess im not a person who knows what they are talking about. ;) Ya its was just a guess. I dont know i never had a vafc2 installed but the rev part seemed like what ive been reading. I was just trying to help out. Like joe said i like to try and help people out. its a start right? Then check your wires.

JSIR
09-20-2003, 09:31 AM
label, its always a possabilty that it is oil related as some ep'ers have had that problem, so yeah start there first as that is the simplest to fix. good advice.

Those damn vafc wires are so tiny its very easy to have a loose connection, many guys end up soldering the wires instead of using the connectors.

lastly there has been some discussion that the older vafc's will not work on the k20 engine, apparently it was even listed on apexi's website ?. dunno, so you may have to check if this version of the vafc is compatible. its been about 2 years since I played with a vafc installation .

ATRIOT
09-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Wrong settings perhaps? I thought the VAFC's were supposed to be tuned on a dyno with a wide band o2 sensor? Double check your settings on the unit, if that does not work, take it to a dyno tuner with Apexi experience. -Good Luck, keep us posted.

JDMCIVIC9
10-03-2003, 07:55 AM
THE REASON WHY YOU'RE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS TURNIN ON IS CUZ THE NEW VAFC2 IS DESIGNED FOR TRUE I-VTEC. THAT MEANS THAT THE VAFC2 IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE RSX-S. SORRY BUD!

JohnR
10-03-2003, 12:22 PM
You can either go to the dealership and have them tell you why the check engine light is on or you can try www.obd-2.com they sell a product that will connect to any laptop and read the codes from your car. I have tried it and there is a fair amount of information available. Some of the features from this product are not available becuase ourt cars are still too new to know how to access it from the ecu, but it will at the very least tell you what code you have.

NeoBlue
10-03-2003, 01:57 PM
No, K20A3 works. Check posts in clubrsx.com. You may have loosen connections.