PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Took my EP to the dealer for the scratching gears....

TezGari
09-05-2002, 07:24 AM
I took my car in for the grinding 3rd gear.

I woke up at 7am to take my car to Rick Case Honda in FL. I took it in, the car mechanic guy drove my car with me in it. We drive........1st.....2nd...(3500rpm switch)...sracthhh...then we are in 3rd gear.

So the guy told me what it was, Syncro's and the shift lock and some arm thing in the tranny. So they ordered the parts. And next friday i will be taking it their to put it in.

So all you guys out thier with grinding gears or scratching take it in, if you dont do it know it might be bad in the future.

PS: When my car was in the service hanger (with all the honda's) it was nice! I just waxed it. AND when the service guy was driving my car into the hanger the exhuast sounded sweeet. IT was loud! By the way my exhuast and car is bone stock......Not bad for a stock car.

Take care guys...........

sonic imperial
09-05-2002, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure if I'm experiencing this or not. Did it always do this from day one or is it something that developed over time? At least warranty will take care of you.

ArcticBlueRsx
09-05-2002, 10:58 AM
damn honda and their trannys, a bunch of people w/ S2k's and w/ my car (rsx-s only) have problems w/ gears grinding....all i have thankfully is the notchiness in my 1st-2nd, the rest is smooth...

SmoothOperator
09-05-2002, 12:38 PM
Trinispeed...Let me know if this is what you're experiencing.

Whenever I'm in 3rd gear....I'll bring it up to about 5000 rpm, and when I let off the gas, I hear a grinding noise. It sounds as if, something's rubbing against my tire as it's spinning. Is that the problem you had?? I'm taking it to my dealership as soon as i have the time.....been a busy week.

2k2civicSi
09-05-2002, 12:47 PM
my syncros are messed up too
but mine are bad from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd but it wont make the niose all the time so they wont fix it

MagusDC5
09-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Get enough ppl to complain and a TSB will be released...thats what happened with the Type S.

TezGari
09-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Trinispeed...Let me know if this is what you're experiencing.

Whenever I'm in 3rd gear....I'll bring it up to about 5000 rpm, and when I let off the gas, I hear a grinding noise. It sounds as if, something's rubbing against my tire as it's spinning. Is that the problem you had?? I'm taking it to my dealership as soon as i have the time.....been a busy week.

No not here...The problem i have is with the tranny. You can actually feel the grinding in the gear. You should check it out at the dealerl....DO NOT LET THEM TELL you "its nothing". If they say that take it to another dealer! ok..

SmoothOperator
09-05-2002, 07:29 PM
I went by my dealership tonight (I like that they're open later on Thursdays :) ) And I told them about my problem. I'm supposed to drop by again tomorrow afternoon, and I'm gonna take one of the service guys out for a rip so he can hear it for himself.

TezGari
09-05-2002, 07:31 PM
thats what i did. i Took him for a ride and he drove my car.

SmoothOperator
09-05-2002, 07:35 PM
The service guy that's coming with me tomorrow is driving a Milano Red EP. Lowered on 17's with an AEM CAI. I might even take his car for a rip to see if it does the same thing.

TezGari
09-05-2002, 07:38 PM
Smooth you live in UK?
Red EP not in US.

SmoothOperator
09-05-2002, 07:39 PM
No dude, I'm in Canada. We've got Red EPs here. :D

TezGari
09-05-2002, 07:40 PM
LUCKY i wanted a red EP!!!

Ah well ill stick to my White EP.........
Its fun.

SpeedRacer
09-05-2002, 07:41 PM
white is the best

SmoothOperator
09-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Here's a pic I took at my dealership one day....
http://www.imgstudio.com/original/071420026083854.jpg

TezGari
09-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
white is the best

Well ill say yes cause i got white toooo. But they all look good even the euro yellow!