PDA

View Full Version : my tranny is f*****!

sai_iii
09-19-2003, 01:48 PM
I've had the problems in my tranny that everyones been talkin about when you can't go in to third. A few weeks ago i took my car in to get it looked at and they told me it was fine.
Today i put my car in reverse and i back out of my drive way and i can't shift into any other gears! Its stuck in reverse. So i call the Honda dealer and i can't even get service until Monday i am so pissed! Hopefully they don't give anyshit and just fix it.

Also: I have two subs and my friend told me that i should always take them out when i take my car to a body shop or when serviced. So i'm wondering would the people at the Honda dealer steal my subs, or should i just take my lazy ass out to the garage and take them out?

ep3guy
09-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Yes, you should take them out. I had my floormats, my AIR FRESHENER and my rubber piece on one of my pedals stolen.. kinda weird of them to steal little stuff like that.

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 01:53 PM
ALWAYS TAKE YOUR SUBS OUT

I got all my shit stolen like that once. (insurance thank god replaced all of it)

Fucktards at the dealerships will just leave your shit unlocked and in an easy place to access after hours.

ep pilot
09-19-2003, 07:12 PM
I would be more worried about their service porter listening to it, cranking the gain up too far, or just fugg'ng w/ my system. It's a safe bet to remove it. I work for a large body shop. I ask all of my customers as a rule to remove items like this, because I don't want to be responsible for blown amps, speakers, or stolen equipment.

-Ryan

IceD out N CALI
09-19-2003, 07:17 PM
when i had my sub/amp setup in my hatch i always took it out whenever i went to get service on it. they got my info on there and ya never know if a crook is eyeing it to steal

sai_iii
09-20-2003, 07:35 PM
What about all the wires? do i just bring out my trunk tray and hide them under that?

Also, if i had a custom box(which i plan to do) would the subs be any safer?

sai_iii
09-23-2003, 04:47 PM
Well i just got my si back today, and i must say that the transmission is SO BETTER than it was when i bought it. The dealer said that the shift cables were stretched and were replaced. I don't know how else to explain it but it feels tighter and when i shift in to 3rd or 5th it is much smoother. I don't have to wait until it "grabs" the shifter as i had to before. No more missing 3rd or 5th! It drives unbelievably better now. But my question is can the shifter cables be stretched again?

cbecker333
09-24-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
I would be more worried about their service porter listening to it, cranking the gain up too far, or just fugg'ng w/ my system. It's a safe bet to remove it. I work for a large body shop. I ask all of my customers as a rule to remove items like this, because I don't want to be responsible for blown amps, speakers, or stolen equipment.

-Ryan

I don't have a system, but twice I got my car back from the dealer and the stereo was turned all the way up and the treble/bass were both at max. I also heard another customer complaining about the stereo set to max when she got her car back. WTF is up with that? dealerships scare me in so many ways...oigh...