PDA

View Full Version : Dynamatting yes or no?

chubbychu
09-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Ive been thinkin about the rattles and noises and i want my car to be a lot more quiet than it is right now. I heard that sound deadening is lighter than the stock stuff? I dunno i just want your opinions...

is it possible without making the car TOO much heavier?

Jaws Of Death
09-24-2003, 09:39 PM
It shouldn't make your car TOO much heavier. Just go to the store and pick up a roll of dynamat. The weight of the roll in your hand should be the same as the weight of your car. Besides you would have to spend a fortune to add 100lbs of dynamat to your car. Also, if you are worried about rattles and squeaks, putting dynamat behind your door pannels will not get rid of a rattle behind your dash. So, to make a long story short...get the rattle fixed, then dynamat your car, and your stereo will sound better and you won't have quite as much road noise.

chubbychu
09-24-2003, 09:42 PM
wow...THANK YOU. nobody replied to this thread for the longest time. I suppose, it is a stupid newb mistake to post something like this without searching. so im sorry guys.

ta2dSi
09-24-2003, 11:56 PM
I have brownbread extreme and some permacell Acoustiseal in mine. 50 sq ft of Brownbread extreme is 15 lbs. I think the Acoustiseal is a little heavier, but I have maybe 10 sq ft or that in the car.

Man, what a difference... I say quiet like a cadillac!!!

Jason
MindChip Industries