PDA

View Full Version : Body Kit

PoRT
09-05-2002, 10:57 AM
since im new, heres a lil background info.. just sold my mint condition 1995 mustang GT. ran 12:36 @110 mph. i just sold that and bought a 02 Si. anyway, does anyone know when the type R body kit is coming out? if i dont put one on soon, im gunna go insane, lol. i know some company's have some out, but i do not want fiberglass, so if you know of any others, please give me a link or something to check it out. also, i am waiting on Apex to come out with the exaust, if any of you have any info when u expect that to come out, please let me know. thanks

SpeedRacer
09-05-2002, 11:04 AM
hey whats up?
welome to the forum. anyways why did you sell your stang it sounds like it was a sweet ride? Mugen has a body kit for our cars im not sure what it is made of though check out the aerodynamic's forum thare is lots more info on body kits thare.

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by PoRT
since im new, heres a lil background info.. just sold my mint condition 1995 mustang GT. ran 12:36 @110 mph. i just sold that and bought a 02 Si. anyway, does anyone know when the type R body kit is coming out? if i dont put one on soon, im gunna go insane, lol. i know some company's have some out, but i do not want fiberglass, so if you know of any others, please give me a link or something to check it out. also, i am waiting on Apex to come out with the exaust, if any of you have any info when u expect that to come out, please let me know. thanks
damn! 12 sec daily driver? why did you get rid of it?

Anyway, as for kit's, it can be complicated. The type r kit doesn't fit our cars because the type r kit was made for the jap spec civic. The front and rear bumpers are slightly different, so it causes some problems with fitament. Erebuni makes the knock off kit, which I here doesn't fit right either. It's like no one took into consideration that our car is slightly different than the type r.

Then other body kit's like mugen, I'm wondering if that will be the same with fitament problems

PoRT
09-05-2002, 11:30 AM
yeah it was real nice. but it was time for a new project. this will be new and intersesting to learn about imports. i am glad, just cant wait for parts to come out for this car.

btw, u can see my stang at...
http://photos.yahoo.com/stang3021

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 11:35 AM
yeah it was real nice. but it was time for a new project. this will be new and intersesting to learn about imports. i am glad, just cant wait for parts to come out for this car.

btw, u can see my stang at...
http://photos.yahoo.com/stang3021
damn that was a sweet stang. 5.0 right? 96 is when they went to 4.6 correct?
My friend has a 94 5.0. He's only got bolt ons right now

PoRT
09-05-2002, 12:00 PM
yeah, it was the 5.0, i wouldnt buy anything less LOL

i miss it, but just give me a lil time to learn about these cars and ill have another sub 13 grocery getter :)

P.S. anyone want a stage 1 N.O.S. Kit?

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 03:17 PM
yeah, it was the 5.0, i wouldnt buy anything less LOL

i miss it, but just give me a lil time to learn about these cars and ill have another sub 13 grocery getter :)

P.S. anyone want a stage 1 N.O.S. Kit?
I might be able to check for you on that N.O.S. kit. I have some friends that could be interested. By the way, what all did you do to your stang to get 12's?

PoRT
09-05-2002, 03:58 PM
lets see.. im at work now and typing fast, so i might forget things but here goes. full exaust (pro M bullet mass air, bbk longtube headers, Mac off-road H-pipe, flowmaster 2 chamber catback) 3.55 rear end gears, 75 MM throttle body, centerforce duel friction clutch, walbro 190lph fuel pump, pro 5.0 short throw shifter, nitto drag radials, 150 HP shot of goofy juice, and a good driver :)

lol

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 06:00 PM
lets see.. im at work now and typing fast, so i might forget things but here goes. full exaust (pro M bullet mass air, bbk longtube headers, Mac off-road H-pipe, flowmaster 2 chamber catback) 3.55 rear end gears, 75 MM throttle body, centerforce duel friction clutch, walbro 190lph fuel pump, pro 5.0 short throw shifter, nitto drag radials, 150 HP shot of goofy juice, and a good driver :)

lol
damn! 150 shot! no wonder :D