PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone Turanzas or AVS 100's?

MCeez02Si
09-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Which one would you choose for our stocks? I have read the great feedback from you guys re: the AVS's, however, the Turanza's on Tireracks website have even better numbers including better wear. Most who bought the Turanza's seem to be extremely happy with them.

Thanks in advance.

bobdobbs
09-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Those are really different kinds of tires. The Yokos are significantly higher dry performance, but probably won't last as long. The Turanzas are probably quieter. What are you looking for?

I got the Continental ContiExtremeContacts. They're quiet and grippy. I just did a bunch of twisty road driving last week and never felt the tires were the weak link. I would get them again.

MCeez02Si
09-22-2003, 01:02 PM
I am looking for something with great handling, especially for cornering;) , yet with a decent treadwear that will last about 35k. Noise is not really an issue as I tend to think it's minimal compared to the sound of my exhaust. I just want something that'll be great in all kinds of weather (no snow where I live) knowing that I will not have to worry when my little girl is in the car with me. Our stock tires are terrible in the rain. And to think they cost $100/tire. Thanks for the reply.

Dunrick
09-22-2003, 01:31 PM
You might want to try one of the Khumo Ecsta Supra's 711 or 712...

They are basically a all season, performance tire...the 711 more so, and the 712 is more strictly performance. But the 712's will still do good in the environments.

bobdobbs
09-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by MCeez02Si
I am looking for something with great handling, especially for cornering;) , yet with a decent treadwear that will last about 35k.

I had similar requirements as you. I highly recommend the ContiExtremeContacts. 70 bucks for 205/55-VR15 makes them the cheapest high performance all-season tires tirerack sells. They're even made in the USA.

MCeez02Si
09-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Bobdobbs, where'd you get the Conti's at?

bobdobbs
09-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by MCeez02Si
Bobdobbs, where'd you get the Conti's at?

tirerack.com