PDA

View Full Version : broken axles?

lastsaga
09-22-2003, 12:14 PM
hey guys, i'm going in to buy an '03 EP3 this week, and was talking to my neighbor about the civic Si (has tracks his mkiv supra turbo and 2g eclipse gs).

he was telling me he was at streets of willow not too long ago and saw 3 EP3's, and out of those, two of them broke their axles and had to be towed off.

are the axles really that weak on this car? i am looking forward to push this car to its limits and want to know of any problems that i might encounter in advance.

thanks,
--lastsaga

BlasTech
09-22-2003, 12:33 PM
Thats the first I've heard of axles breaking on EPs.

Streets of Willow: road-course, or drag strip?

02NJHondaep3
09-22-2003, 01:41 PM
i've broken 2 so far. One at 4K miles the other at 12K miles. I beat the hell out of my car though. I mean i'm stupid when it comes to taking care of my car. I broke the first one burning out in reverse. The second one broke the first time and eventually wore out. Honda axles are weak but thats what warranties are for.:D. The Honda dealer told me I'm the only asshole who managed to break ep3 axles hehe.

SoCaLep3
09-22-2003, 02:17 PM
are the axles still covered by warranty if ur car is dropped?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
09-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 02nighthawksivi
i've broken 2 so far. One at 4K miles the other at 12K miles. I beat the hell out of my car though. I mean i'm stupid when it comes to taking care of my car. I broke the first one burning out in reverse. The second one broke the first time and eventually wore out. Honda axles are weak but thats what warranties are for.:D. The Honda dealer told me I'm the only asshole who managed to break ep3 axles hehe.

THAT is why I buy my cars BRAND NEW.

02NJHondaep3
09-22-2003, 05:25 PM
heheh chill adam i'm young and stupid. I understand your sense of direction tho. I've calmed down trust me.

super_si_45
09-22-2003, 05:30 PM
does anyone make aftermarket axles for our car yet?

02NJHondaep3
09-22-2003, 06:11 PM
dont quote me but i believe JIC magic is working on that. I'm still not sure.

DavidT
09-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Streets of Willows...does he mean Thunder Hill in Willows, Ca? Cause if he did he's full of shit. I haven't seen any EPs out there in a LONG time and when I did they weren't break'n axles they were kicking ass. It's a road course for those who are wondering BTW.