PDA

View Full Version : "so now its an engine mount?"

kenis138
09-23-2003, 09:21 AM
so, ya know that clunky noise everyone seems to have from the front susp.? Dealer replaced my struts and the noise persisted, so I took it back. "After we drove it for a while, we got it to make the noise you were talking about. It seems to be an engine mount. We'll have the part in within the week. Come back for the FORTH F'N TIME."
Geez, this is annoying. Engine mount?! Does that sound right to you guys?

Dunrick
09-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Hopefully not. Get some es inserts, your stock mount rubber might be shot.

IchBinEinSiR
09-23-2003, 02:05 PM
I don't know anymore... but I will bring that to my dealers attention. I have been there some 5 or 6 times regarding this noise and they have rebuilt the suspension a couple of times. CV axle, struts, springs, motormounts... it would be nice if Honda figured it out and posted a bullitin for all the dealers to be aware of this problem... whatever it is.

Let me know how it turns out. I won't see the Honda Canada Service Rep for a week or two.

02NJHondaep3
09-24-2003, 10:20 AM
Honda hates me. 15K on the car and i've broken 2 cv joints. I started my engine after finishing my intake and my friend noticed my engine jumps like 2 inches. He said my engine mounts were shot. I took it to my friends garage and they said it looked fine. I went to Honda for a final opinion and i'm awaiting that. The guy at the service desk looked at me like i was a nut. :D

IchBinEinSiR
09-24-2003, 12:41 PM
About these two CV joint failures:

How did you notice they were broken?
Which side(s) were they on?
What kind of noise did they make?

If you could let us know... thanks.:)

02NJHondaep3
09-24-2003, 01:09 PM
The first one (left) broke when i was doing burn outs in reverse. (I'm an ass) It basically went with my axle. whenever we pushed the car, you would hear a click whenever it made a rotation. The right one went about 6K miles later. I didnt notice it until one day my friend said he heard a creaking sound whenever i made left turns.

IchBinEinSiR
09-24-2003, 01:33 PM
So I might have a damaged axle as it makes a weird (subtle) creaking noise when turning left in the right front end of the car... but it doesn't do it all the time. Thanks, I will talk to Honda about it.:)

02NJHondaep3
09-24-2003, 07:52 PM
yeah you most likely did. Approach them in a calm nice way and they'll warranty it like they did for me. good luck