PDA

View Full Version : For Those With H&r Springs

2QK4U ALLWAYS
09-23-2003, 11:34 AM
For those of you with H&R springs how happy are you with them, would you buy them again for the civic if youhad to buy new springs? How much of a drop are they really when I did the search some say 1.5" and some 2" drop when H&R lists at 1.25"?
I've had Eibach before and I still have them they have around 100 000 miles on them now and they are still like I just installed them yesterday. I know H&R s are also very reputable but never had them so I'm looking for feed back.
Thanks in advance

George
:D

Ep3_kid
09-23-2003, 05:40 PM
i want to know this too.. and im so lazy and i dont want to make a new thread.. so h&r people... what do you think about the springs??

David K.
09-23-2003, 09:58 PM
I love my H&R sports. The drop seems to be more than they advertise, but not too low. They still work like new, and the ride is decent, better than the Eibachs I had on a previous vehicle. Good price, too. I highly recommend them.

chunky
09-24-2003, 05:32 AM
I've had my h&r sport springs for about 12,000 miles now. I love 'em.

The drop is even, 2.0" all around, no squeaking, no saggy ass look. The rates are stiff, but not too stiff for the stock shocks, no bounce.

I highly reccomend them to anyone who wants a 2.0" drop or who just wants the most performance possible w/o upgrading the shocks.

2QK4U ALLWAYS
09-24-2003, 05:44 AM
Thanks for responding
that makes my decision since they are a $100 bucks cheaper then the Eibach's the only thing that it is that 2" drop I do a lot dirt road driving to get to motocross tracks:( I dont want to scrape:'(

DavidT
09-24-2003, 11:58 PM
So far I'm loving my H&R Sport springs. The ride is perfect (Not much change from stock) and it does not bounce. No clunks or weird noises and I installed it myself in under 2 hours. It drops it just about 2" all around like chunky stated. And yeah, definantly not for long dirt/gravel road traveling. Here is a picture of my EP on the H&R sports:

http://davidt.webspacesales.com/Si2.jpg

Ep3_kid
09-25-2003, 12:44 PM
where can i get this springs at??..

David K.
09-25-2003, 11:11 PM
Got mine from Options Auto Salon for around $150.

chunky
09-26-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by David K.
Got mine from Options Auto Salon for around $150.

options auto is a ripoff, they have cheap prices advertised, and then shipping is crazy.

best price i've found was from www.morepowerracing.com

155 bucks, free shipping.

I actually got mine from showstoppers b/c they had the springs & camber kit in stock, and I didn't have to pay shipping (shipped it on my company's fedex acct :D)

ViViDPeArL
09-26-2003, 07:11 PM
the drop is 2.0 inch just to confirm it once again. people are going to shops and the idiots working there are saying...oh yeah...you can use the 02 civic coupe's springs...NOT. make sure whatever springs you buy,,,if your buying H&R make sure you buy part number 51866-2. anything else...your gonna get a wacked spring rate. i'm gonna order my springs from showstoppers. as soon as i find out if i'm working next saturday ;)

Hachiman
09-30-2003, 06:15 AM
No problems or complaints about my springs either. Perfect drop all around and ride quality is nice. Worth it IMO