PDA

View Full Version : Gauge lights

sai_iii
09-23-2003, 05:40 PM
Well the other day when i was installing my head unit i (like a dumb ass) forgot to tape the 12vt and remote wire connection. So i put my dash back in to test my radio and it works fine. So i turn on my lights and all my lights go out except my headlights and brakelights. I figured that i blew a fuse but left it alone since i was getting my car serviced the next day for my transmission.

I got my car back to day and my parking lights and tail lights were working so i figured that it was all good. However tonight i realized that half of my speedometer is not lit up and my thermometer and fuel gauges ar not eve lit up at all. My tachometer is fine, but my climate control knobs aren't lit up either. I'm going to call the dealer tommorrow to see what they can do, but i'm afraid that they blame my head unit for the problem. So incase this happens somebody please help!

sai_iii
09-23-2003, 05:46 PM
oh and just to let everyone know that all the fuses are fine

Civicvtec1ps
09-23-2003, 06:39 PM
:(
seems like you might have fried stock wires. the best way i coudl think is . take out aftermarket audio parts and take it in.

ATRIOT
09-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Ouch :eek: british wiring sucks, the dark lord Lucas's force is strong in this one. Do what CivicVtec1Ps says, revert completley back to stock and play :angel: , then bitch about british wiring.

sai_iii
09-23-2003, 07:23 PM
when i took my car in to get my tranny fixed they didn't say much about me having an after market head unit, they just changed the fuse. but if i have to do it i will

Speck
09-24-2003, 07:18 AM
May sound redundant or dumb, but check the fuses under the hood too. Look for the "Backup" fuses. I blew mine and stuff all over the EP stopped working.

-=speck=-

sai_iii
09-25-2003, 05:42 AM
I checked the fuses under the hood, but i havent checked the Backup fuses. i will now!