PDA

View Full Version : My Gas Tank has a HOLE!!!!

02hatchgrl
09-24-2003, 06:29 AM
I have a hole in my gas tank... I had a muffler on my car that I had on that I also had fix-it tickets for so I had to take it off, when we had it taken off the guy had to use a saw and then put a few small holes in my tank but at the time he had put a sealer on it (2 mos. ago) and now it is leaking again. So this morning I called Honda and for a new tank and installation it is going to cost...$230(tank) +280(installation). And when the muffler guy lets me back there to show what he is doing and stuff, it doesn't look that hard to drop the tank and replace it so why is it $280 w/ installation (cause I am a Girl?) Any suggestions where else to call, fix or any help????

Oh, and sence I had it fixed I moved out of state. From Cali to Texas.

Mad02Si
09-24-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by 02hatchgrl
I have a hole in my gas tank... I had a muffler on my car that I had on that I also had fix-it tickets for so I had to take it off, when we had it taken off the guy had to use a saw and then put a few small holes in my tank but at the time he had put a sealer on it (2 mos. ago) and now it is leaking again. So this morning I called Honda and for a new tank and installation it is going to cost...$230(tank) +280(installation). And when the muffler guy lets me back there to show what he is doing and stuff, it doesn't look that hard to drop the tank and replace it so why is it $280 w/ installation (cause I am a Girl?) Any suggestions where else to call, fix or any help????

Oh, and sence I had it fixed I moved out of state. From Cali to Texas. Isn't average labor cost around 70-90 bucks a hour. Probaly alot of little things to move to get to the tank, I dont know you should have made the muffler guy pay for it, but since you moved kinda tough. Try shopping around for the price on the tank if possible.

02hatchgrl
09-24-2003, 06:49 AM
Well he really wasn't sure if he had done it because I ran over something like a week before that I couldn't and didn't see on this really f*cked up street in Ontario, Ca. And it made a din't under the car on the passenger side. but if it ahd hit in the tank i would think that it would have been a bigger hole in the tank. I have really bad luck with the car, but I love it. But where would I shop around at?

IownAmaxima
09-24-2003, 06:55 AM
ask friends where they bring their cars... NOT the dealer. Find someone you trust, ask them who they trust, MAKE SURE if you go to your friend's recommended place you MENTION YOUR FRIEND'S NAME so they don't try to screw you.

the guy I go to is honest, does some work for free, etc, but he openly jokes to us about doing a $40 job for $200 when people come in for a one-time thing and he knows they'll never be back.

or open the yellow pages and take your chances

LASI02
09-24-2003, 07:13 AM
DIY IMO

2QK4U ALLWAYS
09-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Get the muffler shop to pay for it;)

02TafWhtSi
09-24-2003, 03:36 PM
Make the muffler shop or individual pay for the repairs. I had springs installed about 3 years ago and the shop punctured my right CV boot (00' EX) and I made them pay my dealer to replace it.

Oh and " 2QK4U ALLWAYS "

you can't spell

:o

87gn
09-24-2003, 06:40 PM
i second the diy, im not to faimilur with the eps setup but if there similar to most cars i work on that will only be a 30 min job.

BlasTech
09-24-2003, 06:56 PM
I remember that the EP has the Fuel Return pump integrated into tank or something doesnt it? You would want to use a HELMS manual to do it.