PDA

View Full Version : rear seals are empty, help?

mikkellucci
09-24-2003, 07:50 AM
The search wasnt much help on this because my mind is drawing a blank as to what the proper name of this part is!
ANYWAY, I have a bit of an issue with my rear seals...The greased fittings that attach to the rear sway bar...Both of mine are no longer packed with grease.
I was wondering how we go about re-lubing the seals? It doesnt appear that the seals can be refilled by a "grease gun?"
Is my only option to buy this part new from Honda??????? Or would this be something covered under warranty? I'm only dropped on KW Coilovers and have an RSX rear sway...
Thanks,
Mike

http://www.personal.kent.edu/~mlucci/images/sealfitting1.jpg

andy
09-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Those are called "endlinks".
Yes, you could probably reorder a new set, or go aftermarket.
But why is the lack of grease concerning you? Is it making odd
noises? Why not just get some sort of suspension grease, take
the rear sway and endlinks off, grease them up, and put them
back on? I'm sort of confused...

mikkellucci
09-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Ahhhh, endlinks!! haha
I'm kinda concerned- The car is only 8months old with 15k total miles. When I switched out my suspension (7k ago) the seals were filled. Monday night when I mounted up my new wheels I noticed that the endlink seals were dry as a bone..

Now in a hard turn the rear end kinda feels crunchy. It doesnt clang or make noise, it just kinda feels odd. Not a huge deal, but I'm pretty anal about my cars!

Do you think I can pack grease into them or will I need complete new endlinks?

Thanks,
Mike

1abSi
09-24-2003, 01:00 PM
well first of all i had looked at mine the other day and compared to something like the front tierod knuckle, yeah they seemed empty...and i have not don't anything with them. but mine don't make noise...might just be something to take to honda and see what they will do, if nothing, then go aftermarket...that would be best seeing as how you are not lacking in other areas of suspension upgrades if you know what i mean