PDA

View Full Version : OK i have a problem....

STP03BlueSI
09-24-2003, 02:36 PM
OK this weekend i picked up a Ignited Start button for my EP. Today i tried to install it. This is the problem i am having. I wired it all following the directions on the Ignited form and the relay. After all done i started the car and the ABS light stayed on...what did i do wrong here are all the directions i followed...

Relay directions
#86 On/off switch
#87 12V in
#30 12V out
#85 Ground.

1)Recommends a 40amp Relay...but doesnt show you how to wire it in..
2)I have followed the peoples directions on how to install it...and it didnt work..:(

This is what it states on the directions from Ignited.
1.) Connect(-4) to direct power(i have it running thru the lighter) and (-3) to ignition wire(did that it is the Black and yellow)

2.) Connect (x2) of switch to ground and (x1) to power when ign is on(would that be the starter wire correct? color black/white)...

Please i would love ne type of assistance on how to wire this better..right now my Ep's colum is all apart, and it looks sad..:(

STP03BlueSI
09-25-2003, 05:49 AM
alot of people looked at this and no help?...

Should i just not use the Relay?

DavidT
09-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Did you check your ABS fuse? Maybe you shorted something during the install and killed the fuse?

STP03BlueSI
09-25-2003, 09:49 AM
but the light went out. and this morning i started the car up and it flashed and went off like usual.:rolleyes:

Do i need the Relay? or not?

2QK4U ALLWAYS
09-25-2003, 10:25 AM
The relay acts as a circuit breaker because you are drawing a lot of power otherwise with out the relay you might end up burning up your wireing all together keep it in there I think yiu might of shorted out somewhere or you tapped into a wron wire and I personally would not use the cigarrete holder as your main source tap into your ignition wiring with everthing less chances of shorts becaouse you are still useing the key.

PS I believe that _-_ _ _ .com has a how to on the start button
Good luck

STP03BlueSI
09-25-2003, 12:18 PM
OK this is now what i am working with.(Some images borrowed from Paxie)http://www.excy.co.uk/type-r/StarterButtonSchematic.jpg That is the S2000 one..but this is what mine looks like.

http://www.planetperformance.com/graphics/ign/ign_install.button_500.jpg

Can ne one PLEASE help me!! I madly need help!:'(

bao_pay
09-25-2003, 12:31 PM
but just checking to see if you have your key in...???

STP03BlueSI
09-25-2003, 12:44 PM
yes i used the key..I have something wired wrong...On the S2000 there is 3 connectors compaired to 4 on the one i have...do i just not use one??:confused:

todaCspec
09-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Pay and have a professional electrician install it. Do it, before you get an electrical short or cause your car to catch on fire. Yes, you need a relay when it comes to installing electrcial things.

STP03BlueSI
09-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by todaCspec
Pay and have a professional electrician install it. Do it, before you get an electrical short or cause your car to catch on fire. Yes, you need a relay when it comes to installing electrcial things.

Yea and get charged 150 bucks...no:rolleyes:

I am just tryin to get some help from fellow members thanks.:(

Mabisyo
09-25-2003, 06:20 PM
basically as the picture says that came with it.......2positive connections, 2neg connections..........and no u dont need that relay cause ur ignition wire already has a 30a relay through the Fuse Box..........ok.....so connect the two positive's oh and make sure U USE THE RIGHT guages for the wires especially for the ignition.......then u connect them to ur ignition wire that should be a thick white/black wire.....then the negatives to the negatives........turn key to II, then push the clutch in (safety tap), then push button! :D

AS FOR THIS QUESTION...........u'll need all four.....one pos. to ignition, one pos for the light in button, 2negs for both.:cool:
"On the S2000 there is 3 connectors compaired to 4 on the one i have...do i just not use one??"

hope this helped.......always glad to help a fellow Ep errrrr!

Peking
10-08-2003, 06:17 PM
STP03BlueSI have you spoken with bratkat64, I know she has done the same thing.