PDA

View Full Version : my rotors?

IIx 03 EP xII
09-24-2003, 02:40 PM
alright, well i was goin to this lil hick town near my place... and it was on a dirt road, and i drove through it, and then it was a grassy road, with alot of pot holes here and there, so i was using my brakes alot! but when i got out of the car, it stunk horrible, and my rotors in the front were smoking... is this normal? i dont know what i did... ive only drivin a stick for about a month, so maybe that has something to do with it?

mrfixit687
09-24-2003, 03:35 PM
damn u were riding those brakes like a granny

MrCivic03
09-24-2003, 06:55 PM
if u rode the 1st gear then u smelt the clutch smokin or flywheel whatever but it is no biggy. but the rotors prob just overheated no biggy either unless u like pour liquid on them they could warp. if they wernt glowing u have no problem to worry about. i ride first gear sometimes near me bc it is huge hills and it starts smelling horrible but it is just the smell of that. i only been drivin clutch for about 2 months.

IIx 03 EP xII
09-24-2003, 07:21 PM
nah, i wasnt riding the brakes like a granny, i just had never driven through there before, and the pot holes were hidden cuz the the grass was a little tall. well... after i got home, about three hours after driving, i sprayed water on them... and they smoked a little... is that bad? i hope i didnt mess them up. thanks