PDA

View Full Version : how to handle accident

master7
09-25-2003, 06:24 AM
Peace peoples---- well a few weeks ago this girl driving an old dodge caravan scratched my driver side corner of my bumper trying to park next to me ..., the bumper is still in good condition but just scratched pretty good.... well i called the cops to do a police report just to cover my ass.. so me and shorty exchanged information.. and i decided we could take care of it off the books as far as her insurance goes. so at first i though she was giving me the run around so then i called her insurance company like fuc' it and her , but come to find she had let her insurance expire, i didnt let her know i checked her shit out, because she started making efforts to go get estimates and stuff, but i decided this chick aint got no money and fuc'ing around with her it would be a damn yr before i got all my money. so I decided to just get 200 from her and call it even before i have to get gangster with her...she says i will have the money by the end of Oct....will see!

But my question is i want to get a complete Tsunami kit. I dont care if i have to get peice by peice, starting with the bumper. So i want to know should i go through my insurance on some uninsured motorist stuff - get some money from them, still get the 200 from her. or should i just get the 200 hundred from her and just get the bumper fixed. and just save from scratch for the whole kit , i think you guys get the idea......... i am also riding on stockies and want to get some new rubber 205/50-55/15

Help? whatz a bro to do? peace

fsugatorbait
09-25-2003, 08:29 AM
If you do have uninsured motorist coverage, check with your insurance company to see how it would affect your premium. If you can live with the increase bend both them biatches over :eek: :*

furious
09-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by master7
So i want to know should i go through my insurance on some uninsured motorist stuff - get some money from them, still get the 200 from her.

wouldn't really work. to file uninsured motorist, you would have to give your comp a name/license and such, then they will know who she is - obviously. if you took money from her, then should has a case against you. I have heard (so this is only a suggestion and hopefully a more helpful law oriented member can jump in here) that you forfeit any filed claims if you received money. Say that your company don't care and helps you file the claim. They (your comp) will definitely hear from the girl that you had accepted an off the record settlement - at which point your company 'may' flip. Your comp will not want to insure anyone that would settle an accident outside their knowledge as any accident (since it is filed by the police) can result in later health claims that could cost some serious money for the settlement. Doesn't matter whose fault it was, insurers do not want to here stuff like that. You still have to worry about premium raise (possibly) even if you don't lose your policy. sorry, that is the long version.

the short one: it doesn't sound lawful, and MOST importantly - it isn't cool to screw the girl like that. her record would undoubtedly be suffering and the worse part being that you would also have taken her money.

even if she was being a beotch...I wouldn't screw her over like that...but it's your call, good luck and I hope you get what you 'need'.

master7
09-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Peace , Thanks Furious.... i forgot about that.. I didn't want to screw her over like that, I just forgot about that ...cant file nothing if money was already exchanged. Man when we trying to get money for our cars we sometimes let the pot of gold blind us . (*_*) Thanks

I guess i'll just have to collect cans for money to get my kit!

furious
09-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Man when we trying to get money for are cars we sometimes let the pot of cold blind us . (*_*)

I know what you are talkin about:o
but in the end, you do what you need to...peace

bao_pay
09-25-2003, 12:16 PM
in my opinion you got two choices... tap that ass...

or take her for what you're willing to settle for... sounds to me like you don't think $200 was enough when you proposed it so ask for more. Tell her the dealership charges $600 bucks to repaint the entire bumper and then tell her you'll settle for $300. That should get you started on your new kit. She dosen't have insurance... that means you have to sue her for the shirt off her back (one way or the other its comin off...) if she gets really bitchy you can tell her that you'll take it through insurance and the cops who will give her the hefty $5G fine for not having insurance on top of court fees and and the settlement value.... beeotch!!! (btw if shes hot I'd tap that ass and forget about it but thats just me)

master7
09-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Man Bao_pay, if she was build like that i would,just like they do in the movies but if you were to see her, you would probably just settle for the $200 bucks and call it a day like i am doing. Some stuff is best left alone...if you feel me(*_*)

Stoop
09-25-2003, 01:08 PM
but if you were to see her, you would probably just settle for the $200 bucks and call it a day like i am doing. Some stuff is best left alone...if you feel me(*_*)

LOL:D

Nicely worded.

CleanBlackSi02
09-25-2003, 05:04 PM
If you get a Tsunami kit and ride on stocks, I WILL punch you in the face. :angel:

master7
09-26-2003, 05:52 AM
CleanBlackSi02, be easy Bro, i am going to rims too, eventually i'll get everything.......got to get the money up first

So should i not get new rubber on my stockies and just save to get some new shoes all together or what? - i was thinking about getting some 16" or would 17 " be better overall.

You better answer me CleanBlacksi02 or i'll punch you in the eye
(X__-), PEACE

All ideas welcomed.