PDA

View Full Version : Shifting Feel in general

Rey
09-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Hello,

Maybe I am just crazy, but I think there is something wrong with my shift. Every once in a while, I'd shift and it make a kinda loud locking sound. I love that sound, but for some reason, I have a hard time reproducing the sound. Does anyone else hear this sound? How does the shifter fell for you? Does it make any sounds that are special?

BTW, the other times I shift, it makes a kinda rough felling like the shifter is not gripping or something. If I find out how to record the sound, I will post it.:mad:

chet
09-25-2003, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't want to hear a damn thing when I was shifting. If its "locking" or sounds like its popping, either something is wrong or you need to work on shifting cleaner. You want it to slide throught the gears like its lubed w/WD40 and grease. Make sure your clutch is completely to the floor.

Rey
09-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Everyone tells me that, and I always do. I will try and try again.

DavidT
09-25-2003, 05:57 PM
If your tranny's syncros are fine (Which I'm assuming they are) then you're just not pressing the clutch all the way to the floor. Or you shift before you press the clutch all the way. Happens to a lot of people when they speed shift but usually not during normal driving...