PDA

View Full Version : REV HARD makes an intercooler for the Greddy owners..

02SilverSiHB
09-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Not sure if I'm late on this, but I guess rev hard made an intercooler for those greddy owners
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2434237619&category=33742

beansbear
09-26-2003, 08:41 PM
are those specs correct? is that picture the actual intercooler?

02SilverSiHB
09-27-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by beansbear
are those specs correct? is that picture the actual intercooler? I have no idea, might want to email them

87gn
09-28-2003, 01:32 PM
revhard and ebay, a scam waiting to happen:rolleyes:

02SilverSiHB
09-29-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by 87gn
revhard and ebay, a scam waiting to happen:rolleyes:
ah....no faith

looks like it works just fine http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=236043#post236043

RockEP_SS**
09-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Ricecooker just got that installed this Saturday at the Rev Hard ride along we had. It helped his kit ALOT!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

87gn
09-29-2003, 02:08 PM
so whens the recall?;) :D

ep3guy
09-29-2003, 03:17 PM

Probably never, the intercooler is working fine and the car is running GREAT with the intercooler. :D It's a spearco intercooler with some mandrel bent piping. I doubt the intercooler will ever catch on fire. ;)

87gn
09-29-2003, 03:55 PM
im glad its working good for you but i can tell you one thing for sure, i would not be putting money in there pockets.

ShowstoppersUSA
09-29-2003, 04:23 PM

You talkin a lot of shit...

Anything I should know that you got against Rev Hard...

I know they dont make a kit for your 87GN but dont be bitter. Do us all a favor and get an EP, turbo it with anything you want and then give us your smart ass comments...

This is not to back up Rev Hard but oh man your talkin a lot of shit that you dont seem to know nothing about.

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

02SilverSiHB
09-29-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
You talkin a lot of shit...

Anything I should know that you got against Rev Hard...

I know they dont make a kit for your 87GN but dont be bitter. Do us all a favor and get an EP, turbo it with anything you want and then give us your smart ass comments...

This is not to back up Rev Hard but oh man your talkin a lot of shit that you dont seem to know nothing about.

Chuck
Showstoppers USA
so true. It's like some kind of thing he has against rev hard, it doesn't matter what happens, he'll always hate them...just like no matter how much he tells us, we won't care.

87gn
09-29-2003, 09:00 PM
so true. It's like some kind of thing he has against rev hard, it doesn't matter what happens, he'll always hate them...just like no matter how much he tells us, we won't care.
http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/laughing2.gif lmfao, when a janitor of a second rate company isults you your going to have a "thing" agenst them to. (btw, i never asked if you cared or not nor do i give a shit) but whats that matter anyway, theres been plenty of evidence of the theft of 15 kits ontop of other shady deals but if you wana support them go ahead, atleast im not the sucker.

as for any one from show stoppers i expected that kind of responce. after all, there making a profit with the revhard kit and the more the truth gets out the smaller there profit gets.

02SilverSiHB
09-30-2003, 05:46 AM
anyway, theres been plenty of evidence of the theft of 15 kits ontop of other shady deals but if you wana support them go ahead, atleast im not the sucker.

as for any one from show stoppers i expected that kind of responce. after all, there making a profit with the revhard kit and the more the truth gets out the smaller there profit gets.
can you show me threads or news relating to thefts of 15 kits that is their fault? And what shady deals. Only thing I've seen is one thread where a guy didn't get his kit, because the company he ordered it from screwed him over, then rev hard was being a complete ass and didn't help him at first, until later on they finally broke through and helped him.
And as for kits being faulty...I've heard of one, but I heard it was the install...and revhard still covered the guy.

RiCeCoOkEr1280
09-30-2003, 07:42 AM
FIRST OF ALL 87gn, there won't BE a recall. The intercooler works perfectly fine. Matter of fact, it raised my boost from 6.5 to 8 psi by removing the restricter gasket and installing the intercooler. You probably overlooked what I wrote because you're too busy talkin' shit. Second, don't bash Rev Hard until you purchase their kit and something happens to YOU. How the F*CK are you gonna talk SH*T when you haven't tried the kit? Your foundation for all this SH*T talking is based on others' experiences, not your own. What kind of SH*T is that? Why don't you do as Chuck said, put your money where your mouth is, get an ep & turbo kit and come back here to talk that ish... MAYBE THEN someone will listen to what you have to say.... Personally, it kinda gets old when people bash companies before they even try them out. It's always 'I HEARD THIS' or 'I HEARD THAT'... And yes, I am backing up Showstoppers/Rev Hard, even if I do have a Greddy Kit. Showstoppers has excellent customer service and Rev Hard does have a good product, contrary to what anyone says. No one is perfect and mistakes happen.

ANYHOW................. (sorry, I get kinda upset when people just start talkin' ish about stuff they don't have a complete understanding of)..... My car is still running perfect :D I'm lovin' it!!!!!! I'm probably just gonna get it dyno'd this week at 8 psi cuz it doesn't look like I have the time right now to get a boost controller and have it installed... I'll get it w/in the next 2-3 weeks... So I'll have dyno #'s up hopefully this weekend

87gn
09-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Only thing I've seen is one thread where a guy didn't get his kit, because the company he ordered it from screwed him over, then rev hard was being a complete ass and didn't help him at first, until later on they finally broke through and helped him.

you might want to reread that thread. what happined was revhards vendor did not pay revhard for the kit. the other company owed revhard money, not the people who baught the kit but instead of taking the proper steps to get the money from that company revhard made a FAKE recall. thus they STOLE 15 kits from people who payed for the kits.

FIRST OF ALL, rice cooker, do you actually know what boost is? just because its running 8 psi now hardly impresses me, infact, if you be a good little boy ask nicely ill tell you a few ways to control your boost levels with out a boost controler.

revhardsales
09-30-2003, 04:27 PM
Let me try this one more time. When we got the sense that we were about to get screwed by After Hourz, we issued call tags for those kits sent(while they were in transit.) We were "hoping" that the kits did not get to the customers yet. But, unfortunately they did and UPS still tried getting it back. Now if we were successful enough to get those kits that was not paid for, before they got to the customers, would you still think that it was our fault the customers did not get what they bought from AfterHourz? The main problem was that UPS didn't catch the recall in time.
Why are you so bitter about this? I already gave you the turbo combinations so you can try to sell it to members for cheaper. Why do you keep going on and on trying to bash us. You said it yourself, you want to help members get a better deal. So why don't you just try and do that. ONCE AGAIN-IT'S JUST ONE/UNO KIT. We also would like to Thank the other customers that got their kit and still helped us. Now they even get a better deal on whatever they want from us.

RiCeCoOkEr1280
09-30-2003, 04:51 PM

FIRST OF ALL, rice cooker, do you actually know what boost is? just because its running 8 psi now hardly impresses me, infact, if you be a good little boy ask nicely ill tell you a few ways to control your boost levels with out a boost controler.

uh.....ok..... so all of a sudden you became the jedi knight of turbo and you're the only one that can help me huh........... :confused: rrriiiiigggggghhhhttttttttttt............. and you make it seem i'm trying to impress YOU of all people........ anybody else know what's wrong w/ this picture?!?!!?

87gn
09-30-2003, 05:51 PM
hey, i backed off on the list of parts, besides, no one ever did give me the specs;) but i tell ya what. now that i look back at some of my posts i realized that the arguments aint gona end unless one of us steps up and im tired of fighting. in other words no more of bashing rev hard, my feelings might not change but for once im going to keep my mouth shut. if you are or if your not going to run your selfs down its up to your actions im not going to post about it again.

btw rice, besides my smart assed attitude that comes so natural to me i was being searious. if you want it i can dig up some diagrams that have been posted on turbo sites in the past about how to build your own t valve or adjustable wastegate depending on what type of wastegate your using. the t valve costs about 30 bucks and the adjustable wastegate actuator costs about 3 bucks, both does the same thing as a boost controler but a heck of alot cheaper.

RiCeCoOkEr1280
09-30-2003, 06:41 PM
I've seen the diy t valve and I'm straight on those. Thanks though. The problem I see is there's a higher chance turning up the boost too much w/ one of those. I've heard too many stories straight from the people who blew their motors who "accidently" turned up the boost too much using a manual or homemade controller. Besides, I'm happy w/ what I have right now. I'll just be tempted to turn it up more and more and more :D

Mugen_EP
09-30-2003, 08:19 PM
Hey Paul, you still owe me a ride since I missed out last Saturday.:winkm:

RiCeCoOkEr1280
10-01-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Hey Paul, you still owe me a ride since I missed out last Saturday.:winkm:

Oh fo sho!!!! :D

ep3guy
10-01-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by RiCeCoOkEr1280
Oh fo sho!!!! :D

Come to the meet at Autobacs next Wednesday for BMX. ;)

beansbear
10-02-2003, 12:22 AM
did you greddy owners change your spark plugs?

RiCeCoOkEr1280
10-02-2003, 05:05 AM
I'm using Denso Iridiums.

beansbear
10-02-2003, 08:29 AM
are u getting pinging under load?

RiCeCoOkEr1280
10-02-2003, 09:12 AM
are u getting pinging under load?

If you mean at low rpm's in a higher gear, there is some rattle but i THINK it's just the heat sheild. Not sure if that's what you are referring to.

beansbear
10-02-2003, 09:54 AM
might be... ill take it back to the shop to be sure though!

it sounds like pinging under load... like valves rattling...

87gn
10-03-2003, 05:26 PM
yall might wana run some knock gauges or a audiable knock detectors, detionation is a KILLER on turbo engines and if thats truely knock (pinging) that your hearing your doing ALOT of dammage to your engine, its only a matter of time before something lets go.

i run a scanmaster v2.1 and i HATE to see any kr but i have NEVER herd any. i do get alittle false knock from time to time because of my shift kit and lock up converter but i tend to keep real kr below 3 degrees top end.

RiCeCoOkEr1280
10-03-2003, 05:43 PM
That SOUND underload is backfire. I just got my car dyno'd and we determined that it's not detonating. It's mainly because the kits are running hella rich.

beansbear
10-03-2003, 06:08 PM
whew!!!

ep_nezay
10-03-2003, 07:24 PM
I finished my install and just got back from driving around and boosting at different psi.
The IC def. makes a diff!:)

BTW-Paul, my gears shift fine and its about 1inch from my shifting bracket. I think you just have to turn one of the elbows around.:)

beansbear
10-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by RiCeCoOkEr1280
That SOUND underload is backfire. I just got my car dyno'd and we determined that it's not detonating. It's mainly because the kits are running hella rich.

Has anyone tried just hooking up an Apex'i Super AFC II to tune the richness? I am thinking of doing this to compensate.

ep_nezay
10-04-2003, 08:04 AM
Has anyone tried just hooking up an Apex'i Super AFC II to tune the richness? I am thinking of doing this to compensate.

You probably can, but why waste money on something you already have(emanage).
Running a lil rich wont hurt your car, now running lean is a diff story.
So bottom line, be patient and hopefully Kenji can get a dyno for me and figured out the problem this week. So all of us can have free tunning:) ;)

beansbear
10-04-2003, 08:24 AM
ill just be bummed that i cant drive my car while the emanage is gone!