PDA

View Full Version : Got drift?

BunnyBunBun
09-26-2003, 09:53 AM
Hvae anybody try to drift in their Ep yet? I know it is hard to loss traction in the nears wheels because ep is FR, but i know we can still have some mad drifting. (at least in Initial-D.B16A Civic TypeR vs. AE86 drifting downhill.) I am a big fan of drifting, but still too scare to try it.

sniperSI
09-26-2003, 10:38 AM
If you have enough balls you can get into a nice 4 corner drift, I personaly don't have them, but i've done it on accident before.

trk
09-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by sniperSI
If you have enough balls you can get into a nice 4 corner drift, I personaly don't have them, but i've done it on accident before.

not in mine... no matter how hard I go into a turn at the local track I understeer and the nose dips and the inside tire skips and slides ... rear stays planted....

my want list:
Mugen race suspension
and a fat rear sway bar... then Ill be a slidin...

eurosteez
09-26-2003, 12:19 PM
the key to drifting fwd cars is coming into the turn FAST. unlike rwd which you would accelerate during the turn to get the wheels lose. for FWD drift, come into the turn really fast downshift or break a bit to transfer weight to the front and turn. if you did it properly the car should follow your front tires and the back should swing out a bit
I've done these "minidrifts" in my ep before but it has never been strong enough to countersteer.

graham
09-26-2003, 08:01 PM
I was at Shannonville on a clear day after about a week of rain. There was only one puddle left on the track, and it was RIGHT before a hairpin ... anyways, the back end swung out nicely with the tire all wet ... shit my pants :)

But to answer you question ... no ... I didn't have the balls to get it sideways for any high speed corners. It really likes to plow into the corners.

02NJHondaep3
09-27-2003, 12:18 AM
I've done it twice. First, time on a hill on some ice. Second time in the rain taking a turn on the way home from school with my friend in the car. Its fun but dangerous. I've seen civics fake "drift" with they're e-brakes. some good, mostly horrible.

SoCaLep3
09-27-2003, 01:53 AM
to bad we cant do the handbrake thing cus we got abs on it

mrfixit687
09-27-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by BunnyBunBun
Hvae anybody try to drift in their Ep yet? I know it is hard to loss traction in the nears wheels because ep is FR, but i know we can still have some mad drifting. (at least in Initial-D.B16A Civic TypeR vs. AE86 drifting downhill.) I am a big fan of drifting, but still too scare to try it.

wow someone just watched initial d, get a rear wheel drive car if you want to drift, and our cars is FF not FR, do u even know what FR means

nozomi
09-27-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by SoCaLep3

why not? the handbrake doesn't hook up with the ABS system anyways, only when u step on the brake it kicks in

i used to do a lot of handbrake drifts, even with vans, but don't try tho:D

anyhow drifting with FF is not as fun as FR so eventually i stopped doing it

cj miller
09-27-2003, 05:10 AM
i drifted and it was fun until i hit the curb and stuff.

Dunrick
09-27-2003, 08:49 AM
FF drifting is hard hahahah

also somebody commented if they just had a beefy sway bar that would help....actually it would help you NOT drift....you want your rear end to be very loose

ecsahs3
09-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Funny because I use to have an 97' Accord "Shaggin" Wagon and would "Fake" e-brake all the time around corners. It was awesome around rain. With the EP, nah. I don't have the skills or the suspension to do it. My old RX-7 was a different story.

TheMutt
09-27-2003, 01:48 PM
I did a big circle around a lightpost, dropped a gear adn gassed it. That was interesting.

SoCaLep3
09-27-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by nozomi
why not? the handbrake doesn't hook up with the ABS system anyways, only when u step on the brake it kicks in

well if you pull our ebrake on are cars it does not lock up the wheels, so you cant slide like in other cars

SoCaLep3
09-27-2003, 01:59 PM
and there is an abs line going to are rear wheels

Keyser_Soze
09-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Well buddy your ep must be just a bit jewed up...That or your week...(No offense of course)B/c when i yank on my handbrake my rear locks up rather nice.... But once you brake it loose you just use the handbrake to help control the car being that its not fr this is how you must do it well along with throttle but more importantly the handbrake...

I drift my ep all the time lol ill get a vid for all you none believers.... But yeah the key is lots!!! of speed then combining the feint(turn away from the turn then turn quiclky back into in order to kick the back end out) and handbrake technique.... Ive drifted multiple corners not just ass dragged one but transfered from one to another just takes practice!!!(Lots!!!!!) But yeah i also have an mr2 that i fool around with which is fun... But when i go off to college sorry guys but im selling the ep and getting an 89-94 240 well err 2... Drifting is my real passion.. Ill get some pics or a vid up soon enough...

TheMutt
09-27-2003, 03:20 PM
I want the vid y0!

phatsi
09-27-2003, 03:33 PM
What...EP's are easy to get the ass to come around...the hot set up is soft front and stiff as hell rear...just like a crx or old school si hatch race set up's...no front sway bar with front set at 1 or 2 and a fat rear sway on the back and have it set at 5 for the struts...total control of drift if you want to...i have the progress sway on the back and parada spec 2's and you go and snap it like a rally car into a corner and the ass come out if you want it to or not...it a blast...its not like a FR fun but its still a blast once in awhile!!!!:D :D

2k2SiAutoXer
09-27-2003, 03:34 PM
a larger rear sway bar WILL increase oversteer

--Tom

evilep3
09-27-2003, 04:37 PM
i have a rear strut bar and i was able to swing it wide a few times. there are construction areas all over where i live and the roads are just wide open!!! trick for me is: go into the corner tight with speed. then once the front wheels clear the turn swing it HARD. the ass will come out if you do it hard enough! so be careful...

have fun ;)

eurosteez
09-27-2003, 04:56 PM
E-brake unnecessary with enough speed and proper timing of down shift for weight transfer. Unless you want a huge fancy-shmansy rear slide that will most likely lose your speed and control

SoCaLep3
09-27-2003, 05:11 PM
is everyones ebrake same as mine?... no matter how hard i pull on them it does not lock up the wheell, while driving

Keyser_Soze
09-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Heres the thing bro you cant just yank on the bitch while your going in a straight line b/c we dont have the best of ebrakes to begin with mine was week when i got it argh!!! You have to do something to upset the balance(throw a little weight forward first) ie. tap the brake to get some of the weight of the rear then get on the e-brake really hard!!! Or by swinging it one way then the other and then get it really hard as you start to swing it back ; ) gl!!:D

SIxtasy
09-27-2003, 05:40 PM
I can drift, and Yes I do. MAD driving skillz have I :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

eurosteez
09-27-2003, 08:05 PM
wow he can drift

eurosteez
09-27-2003, 08:05 PM
wow he can drift

Keyser_Soze
09-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Wow your one funny ass sarcastic bitch!!! Oh wait not!! Now get off our nuts!:mad: :p

SIxtasy
09-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Hey now, I was just kidding round guys:rolleyes: Keep in mind our cars are FWD. FWD drifting SUX. It can be done but Real drifting is meant for RWD cars( Silvia, Eight six carolla, Altezza, Skyline GTS, ETC ETC ETC...... ) The weight tranfer is hard to get right in our cars thanx to the non working Ebrake. Our cars shouldn't be taking corners sideways. Now my IS300 should and does........:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

chunky
09-27-2003, 11:23 PM
I've been on quite a few drifting excursions in my ep3. mostly in the wet with handbrake assisted drifts.

fatter sway bar does help the drift.

i've gotten a few nice 4 wheel slides going around some of my favorite turns, but it's not something I try to do on purpose, it's rather scary knowing that you are beyond the limit of traction on all 4 wheels.

BunnyBunBun
09-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
wow someone just watched initial d, get a rear wheel drive car if you want to drift, and our cars is FF not FR, do u even know what FR means

Yes, i know what is FF, and FR, and I just happened to have a typo. And oh, you think you are do that cause you watched inital-d. Too bad i started reading the comic books (in japanese) way back in 98, yea, when you havn't even heard of it. (Also when i was talking about the AE86 drifting down hill vs. B16a civc, it was a typo too. I mean B16C Yellow, it was Civic Type-R drove by a professional racing):mad:

Keyser_Soze
09-28-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by SIxtasy
Hey now, I was just kidding round guys:rolleyes: Keep in mind our cars are FWD. FWD drifting SUX. It can be done but Real drifting is meant for RWD cars( Silvia, Eight six carolla, Altezza, Skyline GTS, ETC ETC ETC...... ) The weight tranfer is hard to get right in our cars thanx to the non working Ebrake. Our cars shouldn't be taking corners sideways. Now my IS300 should and does........:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Heh yeah man i know its not true drifitng that why i have my mr2 (which im getting rid of) and thats why im selling my Si when i go off to college(sorry guys)....But yeah i wasnt getting pissed at you just that wannabe sarcastic bastard euro..:D :p

Rueda del Queso
09-28-2003, 09:02 AM
Too bad i started reading the comic books (in japanese) way back in 98

First, they're called manga, not comic books. Also, the manga for Initial D came out in 1996, it was the animated series (anime, not cartoon) that came out in 1998. But maybe that's a little off topic . . .

2k2ep
09-28-2003, 11:26 AM
Try this, next time it rains come into a corner a bit fast lightly braking until you are at the apex yank the e-brake and let go . If you are pushing the limits of traction the rear will step out then ease into the throttle and steer out. Duck tape the e-brake button so it releases right after being pulled. Good luck.

JThrasher79
09-28-2003, 12:35 PM
:eek:

JThrasher79
09-28-2003, 12:42 PM
when i was talking about the AE86 drifting down hill vs. B16a civc, it was a typo too. I mean B16C Yellow, it was Civic Type-R drove by a professional racing:mad:

hey bro you better go back and watch the series one more time. there is no thing as a B16C its a B16B that came in the Type-R between 96-00 but what was in the anime was a 92-95 SIR hatch not a Type-R witch came with a B16A. and they werent professionals they were just enthusiasts racing like when people drag race or auto-x. oh yeh, it was RED not yellow:p .

eurosteez
09-28-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Keyser_Soze
But yeah i wasnt getting pissed at you just that wannabe sarcastic bastard euro..:D :p

settle down dude. i just find it funny someone claiming their mad driving skills online. AND I WASNT EVEN FUCKIN TALKING TO YOU!!!! so loosen you tie bro and don't get so defensive over someone else.

Originally posted by Keyser_Soze
Wow your one funny ass sarcastic bitch!!! Oh wait not!! Now get off OUR nuts!

LOL you guys share nuts? buahahaha funny chit mang. and why would I be on YOUR nuts? huh? punk

BunnyBunBun
09-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by JThrasher79
hey bro you better go back and watch the series one more time. there is no thing as a B16C its a B16B that came in the Type-R between 96-00 but what was in the anime was a 92-95 SIR hatch not a Type-R witch came with a B16A. and they werent professionals they were just enthusiasts racing like when people drag race or auto-x. oh yeh, it was RED not yellow:p .

OMG, i can't your people that don't know what the hell your are talking about! The one you are talking about or watching now is the old red civic while they raced with their hands tied up to the wheel. The yellow Type-R i was talking about is in vol. 21, and it is for sure drove by a professional. P.S. if you want to, i can so scan that thing and post it up here. :mad:

BunnyBunBun
09-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Rueda del Queso
First, they're called manga, not comic books. Also, the manga for Initial D came out in 1996, it was the animated series (anime, not cartoon) that came out in 1998. But maybe that's a little off topic . . .

Once again, another person that don't even know what he is talking about.........too bad i now i am reading about AE86 racing his dad's STI...too bad....too..bad

BunnyBunBun
09-29-2003, 12:24 AM
here you go, B16c Civic-Type R vs. AE86

BunnyBunBun
09-29-2003, 12:25 AM
and more

BunnyBunBun
09-29-2003, 12:32 AM
more pic

BunnyBunBun
09-29-2003, 12:32 AM
even more pic

SIxtasy
09-29-2003, 01:29 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHAAAHABAHAHABAHABAAHABAHABAHABAHAHAHABAH ............ that muthafucca is funny

STP03BlueSI
09-29-2003, 08:37 AM
I have never drifted in my Ep..yet. But in my girls eclipse i did on accident, scared the piss out of me and my gf

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 11:55 AM
Last time I drifted my car was at the Autocross In Fed Ex field (landover, MD)last summer :D

eurosteez
09-29-2003, 12:56 PM
import comics :D das kewl. really kewl:cool:

ep pilot
09-29-2003, 09:23 PM

Pull your (ABS) fuse out and your golden:angel:

I can get negative lock at will in my Ep3....

-Ryan

l33t
09-29-2003, 09:40 PM
well if you pull our ebrake on are cars it does not lock up the wheels, so you cant slide like in other cars

tighten the screw if you take off your center console, you can lock up the rear wheels

Chinaboy
09-29-2003, 09:52 PM
in all technical terms in speaking...

A FF CAN'T DRIFT, going in fast and comming out of a corner rushing in as a FF is called POWER SLIDING.

The meaning of drift in a racing dictionary is when the rear tires slip during a turn and going the opposite direction as the front tires bring the car around the corner...

if a FF could drift... hahhha I've seen it in GT3, when people initiate the drift by going into it and controlling with e-brake... but sorry its only a game.

eurosteez
09-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Chinaboy

A FF CAN'T DRIFT, going in fast and comming out of a corner rushing in as a FF is called POWER SLIDING.

The meaning of drift in a racing dictionary is when the rear tires slip during a turn and going the opposite direction as the front tires bring the car around the corner...

if a FF could drift... hahhha I've seen it in GT3, when people initiate the drift by going into it and controlling with e-brake... but sorry its only a game.

damn we got told.;)

SoCaLep3
09-29-2003, 11:13 PM
well you intial d people should know that its slide not drift too. When iketani sempai talks to that gas station owner and he explains to the gang taht its sliding not drifting. This was the red civic hatch episode. Well this all happend in the episode unless it was just a dream but i doubt that

SoCaLep3
09-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Pull your (ABS) fuse out and your golden:angel:

I can get negative lock at will in my Ep3....

-Ryan

hmmm ill have to take a look at thsi tomorow. Will this damage anything?

ChWMeiNThG
09-30-2003, 04:49 AM
im honestly sick of drifting this drifting that. people trying to drift FF cars by pulling the ebrake and busting fake drifts. get real, you arent gonna take ur car up to a mountain and drive around pulling your ebrake at hairpin turns. in a race would you really drift if u wanted to win? its not that easy. i really love initial d, but i really am sick of people talking about drifting.

also, ive pulled the ebrake and went into some pretty dope slides. just downshift, gun it, turn and ebrake. i dont advocate doing this on a mountain.

Blackapino85
09-30-2003, 09:18 PM
oh jeez, initial d freaks. i happen to have all the movies too but please remember that it's anime. if u try to do that shit on the street you'll probaly end up killed. and of course ff cars can't drift. they can slide though. taking multiple corners in an ff car while sliding is extremely difficult from what i've heard. i guess some guys with "ff squad" can do it pretty well though. but why would u buy a civic to drift anyways? civics and other ff cars are very good "grip" cars. read up at www.club4ag.com or www.sileightymania.com to see what's up with real drifing. i love my ep but i know it's not a drift car. as far as having a "battle" or what not, you wouldn't want to drift so much because it could slow you down if you do it at the wrong time. in a drift competition like "D1 grand prix" for example, drivers are judged on their drift technique and not on time or who's ahead. but if you guys wanna try it, more power to you! i wouldn't though because i still have 4 years to pay off this sucker!:D

japan-air
10-01-2003, 11:18 AM
sorry, ff cant drift, they slide though... like gokart... :)

StrangeShadow
10-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Chinaboy

rofl

he key to drifting fwd cars is coming into the turn FAST. unlike rwd which you would accelerate during the turn to get the wheels lose. for FWD drift, come into the turn really fast downshift or break a bit to transfer weight to the front and turn. if you did it properly the car should follow your front tires and the back should swing out a bit

E-brake unnecessary with enough speed and proper timing of down shift for weight transfer. Unless you want a huge fancy-shmansy rear slide that will most likely lose your speed and control
Exatly :thumbsup: you know what yu're talking about
I do it all the time...np...if anyone doesn't believe me, you're welcome to sit in my car...although if you aren't use to this your reaction might be...
I have never drifted in my Ep..yet. But in my girls eclipse i did on accident, scared the piss out of me and my gf
just takes skills and balls...

eurosteez
10-01-2003, 05:15 PM
In Fwd, It is a powerslide still though. A drift is how Chinaboy explained it. you countersteer to control rear slide. FWD will only countersteer for like 1 second maximum (usually no countersteer) to control the slide. The rear will not continously slide out. You can't drift a complete turn like in a RWD. Its all fun as hell...just takes pracitce.... and start out small!!!!

abstrack
10-01-2003, 08:14 PM
question:

can you drift an automatic? Reason im asking is cuz theres a guy down here claiming to be the best drifter in vegas and he has an auto 240sx. He's super cocky but never shows anyone his skills...but i did run him and beat him. vroom vroom!:D :cool:

StrangeShadow
10-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
In Fwd, It is a powerslide still though. A drift is how Chinaboy explained it. you countersteer to control rear slide. FWD will only countersteer for like 1 second maximum (usually no countersteer) to control the slide. The rear will not continously slide out. You can't drift a complete turn like in a RWD. Its all fun as hell...just takes pracitce.... and start out small!!!!
yeah, it's more like a controlled slide, except it's easy to loose control(I almost did the other night, would have sucked cause if I connected with that curb I would have rolled at the speed I was going). Plus, it takes some pretty high speed, going into a turn, a turbo or k20a would really help cause of the more power. It a lot like what you would see an AWD(evo, wrx) car do on a turn, except you have less control because we are only FWD. wtf is a FF?
I think an auto RWD can drift, I've seen one get half-way through a drift and then spin out, but I think it would be extremly limited (it can drift but nowhere near as good as a standad, he probably isn't the best...it's an auto.
I think drifting is great, but like everything else, once the usdm market gets ahold of it they out-play it to the bone...making even the biggest and oldest(longest) fans get tired of it.

tony speed
10-02-2003, 11:23 AM
i do fwd-drifts whenever i see empty parking lots....i got a 4 wheel slide going once around a hella break-your-neck corner (the same one my friend totalled his car on) once....that was not fun until after I pulled it out in time to drive out....

and by the way, in a RWD you can also keep your loss of traction going using the throttle which no FWD can do.

Silver7
10-02-2003, 04:13 PM
lmao..

this thread is funny.

lots of armchair ricers eh?

eurosteez
10-03-2003, 05:41 AM
Check out this FWD powerslide\drift debate theses Lancer heads are having. LMAO

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread/t-3985.html

:*

eurosteez
10-03-2003, 05:47 AM
Holy crap!!!
I found Gods manual on the subject we have all been looking for(at least me)!!!!!

http://www.ausubaru.com/articles/drivingtech.htm

I almost kept this to myself. heehehe enjoy!!!:D

mango-ep3
06-16-2004, 04:15 AM
Yeah I "Drift" I guess. All the time in parking lots etc. Matter of fact, 3 hours ago we were at our favorite spot tearing it up and some fucking cock whipped a beer at us. BAM right into my hood. I fuckin jumped out and took of running right as I grabbed my wrench outta the backseat. Then i was just like fuck it. Hes prolly some hick who lives close to where the parking lot was. (it was in this industrial area) And maybe he would call the cops on us. And because I cannot get ANYMORE FUCKING points this year ;X I just left.

But uhhh, yeah back to subject... I have tried dropping my clutch before a powerslide... That's good for losing traction as well... Speed really helps... Ebrake is very usable too.

Siman
06-16-2004, 02:12 PM
I drifted a turn at about 60m mph going around one of my buddies with a sr20det 240....he was like WTF???

basically, i DID NOT mean to drift...i apexed the turn to fast and the rear end slid out and did a BIG waggle...i thougt i might loose it but i regaind control and sped off like a embarresed ricer heehhehe

that was the civic days...i am now in the supra days....but i just blew my head gasket ( bought new HKS MHG and am rebuilding the WHOLE motor...) i will show you guys the car and have a video when i am done with the motor install heehheheh:p :D

evilep3
06-16-2004, 02:31 PM
damn this topic was just resurected out of the ashes....

STP03BlueSI
06-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Here you all go for your drolling pleasure.

EP

Drifting

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDM3NDM4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg :D

RiceCzechs
06-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Shannonville, huh? I've been invited up there for an open track next month for a One Lap Of America party by some friends, but it is a hell of a drive from Cleveland, so I doubt I'm going to make it... is it worth it?

Originally posted by graham
I was at Shannonville on a clear day after about a week of rain. There was only one puddle left on the track, and it was RIGHT before a hairpin ... anyways, the back end swung out nicely with the tire all wet ... shit my pants :)

But to answer you question ... no ... I didn't have the balls to get it sideways for any high speed corners. It really likes to plow into the corners.

specialblend154
06-16-2004, 05:46 PM
ive done it once while trying to make a light and when i took the left i slid out and cocked the wheel the other way and pimped it pretty hard. the other time was driving in the backroads and tried to take a turn to hard and slid out again, that time was more sketchy tho

specialblend154
06-16-2004, 05:47 PM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDM3NDM4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

ahh not with the ctr !!! abuser!!:)

eurosteez
06-16-2004, 06:27 PM
die thread die!!!:mad: