PDA

View Full Version : help!! axle poped out!!!!

Accordexcpe95
09-26-2003, 03:53 PM
hey guys.. i need your help asap... my axle poped out and i don't kno how to push it bak in.. i read about how u guys turned the axel clockwise, but do u guys do dat in gear or netural? n how do i kno when it's fully in?.. plz help

chunky
09-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Accordexcpe95
hey guys.. i need your help asap... my axle poped out and i don't kno how to push it bak in.. i read about how u guys turned the axel clockwise, but do u guys do dat in gear or netural? n how do i kno when it's fully in?.. plz help

to be honest, it shouldn't matter if it's in gear or in neutral.

the real key is to line things up to where they were when the axle popped out, then push in and turn.

Not much else I can offer except to keep trying till you get it.

DavidT
09-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Yup, just keep trying man. I was in a hurry and forgot about the axle and popped it out on the passenger side. Took me like 3-4 minutes to push the axle back constantly trying. Turn and push till it goes back in, you'll know when it goes back in because the rotor/hub assembly will be able to turn inwards (Negative camber wise), good luck.

Vertigo
09-28-2003, 08:28 PM
When mine popped out i took the floor jack and jacked up the lower control arm. Just to make the axle strait. Luckly i had my roommate there to help me and to cuss at me for letting it pop out.

EP33
09-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Try this next time.

Civicvtec1ps
09-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Thats what we did 2 days ago.
me and mad02si.
worked
:)

Accordexcpe95
09-29-2003, 01:43 PM
thanx for the help.. i finally figured it out after playing around with it.. the drop looks great. not boucy at all!! thanx again