PDA

View Full Version : question about xenondepot

1 fstr si
09-27-2003, 10:24 PM
lately i have been thinkin bout sellin my current HID kit and getting a xenondepot kit. BUT, didnt they ban sale of HID kits last month? and then i went to their site, and they are still sellin em. so, my question is, "can i buy a kit from xenondepot.com, or not." could someone please give me a straight-up, honest answer? thank-you

bigcase
09-29-2003, 12:09 PM
you can still buy kits from them. i talked to them a week ago and steve, customer service guy, told me that they are still selling them. i told him that they are illegal for sale in cali, but he said since they are in canada that they can sell em. so go for it. i have the 6000K kit and i love it. great, great for night driving.

2k2_nbp_egg
09-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Lol i have the 5000K kit or wutever, and I know it's only a matter of time before I get stopped for them. From my point of view in my car, these literally are the best lights evAr!!! They illuminate highway signs that are hard to see from far away, they make the ground at night look like day, and on top of all that they just look really nice. But from anyone else's point of view, im freakin' high beaming everyone and blinding them. I even got high beamed a few times by a cop the other nite who was stopped at intersection. Jesus, can't life go on without so many goddamn problems?

!@#$%
10-01-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
Lol i have the 5000K kit or wutever, and I know it's only a matter of time before I get stopped for them. From my point of view in my car, these literally are the best lights evAr!!! They illuminate highway signs that are hard to see from far away, they make the ground at night look like day, and on top of all that they just look really nice. But from anyone else's point of view, im freakin' high beaming everyone and blinding them. I even got high beamed a few times by a cop the other nite who was stopped at intersection. Jesus, can't life go on without so many goddamn problems?

i thought the bulbs came with shields to help prevent this problem?

bigcase
10-01-2003, 07:56 AM
the bulbs themselves have reflectors but our headlights werent designed to work with HID bulbs. thats why they are so bright. its not as bad as people say. the shit is just bright, thats all. if you want em get em, and get em while the gettin is good.
over and out

1 fstr si
10-05-2003, 11:33 AM
alrite, well, heres my next question. some one take a pic of a 5k kit and someone take a pic of a 6k kit. otherwise, explain to me the difference, other than price. thanx

BarracksSi
10-05-2003, 03:57 PM
Now to add my question --

With the US-spec EP headlight housings, is it possible to readjust their aim so that they're not shining so much HID light too high?

Or is there just too much glare leaking around the shields that they can't be adjusted far enough?

Put another way -- are there shields on the JDM HID headlight assemblies that block this kind of glare, and do it more effectively than the glare blockers that are included on most add-on HID kits?

2k2_nbp_egg
10-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Only pics I have are shitty phone pics, but you can still tell the crazy brightness...I mite take some more tonight w/ a real digi cam, but I also don't have a site to host these. Someone drop me an email addy and i could prolly send them to you...

1 fstr si
10-06-2003, 06:34 PM
white02si@yahoo.com

2k2_nbp_egg
10-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Actually, shit, if attachments are allowed again I guess I just post some attachments.....

2k2_nbp_egg
10-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Sorry about the crappy quality, they were taken w/ a nokia 3650 @ night.

2k2_nbp_egg
10-07-2003, 10:10 AM
Last one ;)

2k2_nbp_egg
10-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Now, as for comparison, here's my friend's stock IS300. Fukin' brite y0, she was gettin sorta pissed off w/ me behind her lol

Brettnyt
10-07-2003, 09:55 PM
sweeeeeeeet... I would love to be able to cruise with HID, but i dont have the cash.... easy install?

2k2_nbp_egg
10-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Ehhh i'm a college student so i dont' really have a whole lotta cash to toss around either, but they did however make a great birthday present from my mom. Install wasn't too bad, but tapping into the battery and running the lines were kinda confusing for me. Overall though I really do enjoy them, especially cause its hard for my squinty ass to see at night

bigcase
10-08-2003, 07:00 AM
i love my kit. and youre right, install was a little confusing, but if you just lay all that stuff out, its self explanatory. i didnt even read the directions. if youve ever hooked up fog lights or something like that, then its a snap. sorta the same thing. anyway, i like them because night driving is sooo much easier on the eyes now. brights shine way down the road.

2k2_nbp_egg
10-08-2003, 10:40 AM
nope, never done fogs, and i'm sure as hell not gonna need 'em now :)

Hey you're up in austin? I think imma come up there this weekend, we should meet up and take pics to compare ;)

bigcase
10-08-2003, 11:37 AM
i gotta go to houston for a wedding this weekend. stayin at the warwick though. P I M P!

2k2_nbp_egg
10-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Ooo nice lol. Imma prolly end up staying at a cheap apartment...the win!!!

bigcase
10-08-2003, 02:02 PM
the words "cheap" and "apartment" dont seem to exist in this town unless you live east of I-35. if you do, look out.