PDA

View Full Version : Folding Mirrors

VividDreams
09-28-2003, 08:26 AM
For anyone that lives in the city aon/or parallel parks a lot, do you fold in your mirrors frequently?

If so, have you noticed any scraching on where the painted part and black part touch?

i thought about this last night, if it starts to scrath then i wont do it, i just wanna be forewarned

thanks

seattlecivic
09-28-2003, 08:32 AM
Yes, they will scratch and wear over time. If you are worried about it, then just slap on some cheap after-markets to mess up OR order some JDM ones that can fold with a push of a button :-)

Civicvtec1ps
09-28-2003, 08:45 AM
if i had folding mirrors i would use it all the time

VividDreams
09-28-2003, 08:53 AM
did you get aftermarket mirrors that dont fold or something?

seattlecivic
09-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by VividDreams
did you get aftermarket mirrors that dont fold or something?

I think he has his OEM mirrors still... he just doesn't wanna scratch them yet ^_^ He wants one of us to tell him if there are any scratches... HA!! I folded mine when I went through a drive through car wash and man!! Guess what happened? I gotta long scratch on the center of my hood. :-( Kinda changed the subject on you like... "KABOW!!"

dj addicted
09-28-2003, 01:15 PM
I didnt even know our mirrors even folded until a week ago when I was washing my car and I bumped into it. I looked and it was pushed in. I was like "HOLY SHIT!!!! I BROKE IT!!!" Then I pulled back on it and it snapped back into place. I felt like such an idiot. Im laughing now... but I wasnt laughing then.

blueiedgod
09-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
if i had folding mirrors i would use it all the time

You DO!