PDA

View Full Version : First drive in rain, have a question

VividDreams
09-28-2003, 07:26 PM
ok, tonight was the first time i drove in the rain since i got my car.
I noticed a dripping noise but didnt think anything of it. Then after a few mins my girlfriend said something about it and i said that I had noticed it too. Its kinda like if you would be sittin somewhere in your car and you can hear the rain hittin your car and kind of plopping, only its when youre driving too. It sounds like its coming from the door jamb. Anyone else hear this?

BTW, this never happened in my coupe.

2k2SiAutoXer
09-28-2003, 08:35 PM
hmmm, never heard this before. I know some ep's have had a problem with water leaking into their spare tire well (myself included). I would reccomend taking your car to a car wash and soaking it down real well and looking/feeling around under all the carpets. Hope this helps some.

--Tom

chubbychu
09-28-2003, 09:29 PM
ditto what he said...there might be water in your spare wheel well.

bigcase
09-29-2003, 12:55 PM
that popping sound you hear is from the raised part of the (a or b) pillar. its when you drive, you hear the rain slapping that part of the plastic on the door where the window/door jamb part is. if the driver and passenger side windows were flush mounted, you wouldnt get that noise. its not leaking or anything, its just an aerodynamic thing.

blueiedgod
09-29-2003, 05:16 PM
I agree with explanation, I hear it too. I though it was the rain being deflected by the windshield and then sucked back in by the hatch and making a slapping sound.

By the way, the dealer finally fixed the trunk leak. It would only fill up with water if I drove. When car was stationary and it rained or in the car wash the trunk was dry. They found that water was coming in from the inside of the right rear wheel well. They filled the gap with some compund that smelled like car paint. No leaks anymore.

VividDreams
09-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by bigcase
that popping sound you hear is from the raised part of the (a or b) pillar. its when you drive, you hear the rain slapping that part of the plastic on the door where the window/door jamb part is. if the driver and passenger side windows were flush mounted, you wouldnt get that noise. its not leaking or anything, its just an aerodynamic thing.

hmm, im not sure what you mean

thanks for the replies, im gonna wait for a little bit and see what happens

darkvibe
09-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by bigcase

:D Took me like weeks to figure out what that noise was. Bigcase said it best.