PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Report tests the Si!!!

SLOlife
09-06-2002, 07:13 PM
Normally the only time I look at Consumer Reports is when I need to buy a toaster or vacuum. But today I noticed on a cover that they tested sporty hatches, so I decided to take a look. Sure enough the Si was there. Good news, it ranked above the RSX Type-S, bad news it lost to a base Mini, and a new Beetle.

I don

xlr8
09-06-2002, 07:30 PM
i thought i did bad at the track. now i feel better

SBC31
09-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Consumer Reports have become pretty biased lately, so I don't even bother with them at all. Unless I want a toaster...lol!:D :D :D

I like my toasts ready in 10 seconds...lol!

02blksi
09-07-2002, 01:20 PM
holleee chit are the outta there fuggin skulls??? 0-60 in 9.0 seconds???!!!!?? WHAT are the smoking, jesus, i think a festiva gets to 60 faster than that and it has only 3 cylinders! --CRACK heads, stick to testing radios!--:rolleyes:

JSIR
09-07-2002, 04:51 PM
how about reliability being "only average", are you sure they weren't testing a Civic from 1973 or something ?, either that or they were smoking crack. :p

FourJays
09-09-2002, 12:27 PM
The reason CR's run times are high is that they put the car in gear, then mash it. Other mags (like Car and Driver) apply full throttle then dump the clutch while minimizing wheel spin, to maximize acceleration times. CR feels their method is more like what "real" drivers do (?)

LazyAzzAzian
09-09-2002, 03:18 PM
do you guys agree with CR that the Si drives like a "regular" civic? ive driven my girls civic ex sedan, and it drives pretty nice for a sedan, ive only test driven the Si, so i cant really compare

02blksi
09-09-2002, 05:07 PM
my mother has a 02 lx four door automoatic 1.7 SOHC, let me tell you the drive between her car and mine is night and day! the 1.7 feels slow, and struggles to accelerate with the AC going uphill, also it's REALLY loud, the build quality also seems subpar. nothing compared to the si (which was built in England :) ) those damn yoodles know how to build a car! :)-- joe .

LazyAzzAzian
09-09-2002, 05:31 PM
i dunno if it just me, but i also noticed a huge difference between the Lx and the Ex civic, so a Si compared to a Lx would be no contest

when i drove the Si i did notice it accelerated much quicker, but i couldnt test the handling how do the Ex and Si compare in terms of handling?