PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when you Doze off the on the road.

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Don't try to drive a vehicle if you haven't slept for 24hrs.

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 11:11 AM
2nd shot

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 11:11 AM
3rd shot

andy
09-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Bummer. Sorry to hear that (if that's your car) - hopefully the
driver/passengers were okay.

Buuuut - dibs on the front driver side headlight! ;) j/k

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Yeah Thats my ride :( I'm suppose to get an estimate within 24hrs from the Insurance claim. I can still drive it and nothing's leaking But I'm not risking to get pulled over. If they say its totaled I'm thinking CRX conversion.

EP33
09-29-2003, 11:45 AM
I have fallen asleep behind the wheel and even got pulled over twice for "appearing" drunk. When did you "wake up"? I bet you were wired for another 24 hours after that shi* happened huh. Glad you are ok and you car is still driveable.

Now go to sleep.

ep3guy
09-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear that. Btw, are those the Volk NRS's on your ride?

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 12:02 PM
yeah as soon as I closed my eyes driving on a 2 laned road I must have swurved to the right and smacked right into the left rear of the white 89'Ford Ranger over the curve onto the grass. Yeah I woke up when I hit the truck.

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ep3guy
Sorry to hear that. Btw, are those the Volk NRS's on your ride?

They're volk gn-rnr's

ep3guy
09-29-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Sidriver
They're volk gn-rnr's

I see.. nice wheels. :D

IownAmaxima
09-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by ep3guy
Sorry to hear that. Btw, are those the Volk NRS's on your ride? and the vultures start circling ;)

Zero Three Si
09-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Damn not only is your car crunchy but it's also DIRTY!!!!

:D

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Yeah I'm pretty paranoid somebody is gonna roll up in my parking lot and steal my engine. Oh yeah the dirtiness is from 2 fridays ago right after Isabel rolled in Maryland, I got stuck in the mud.

STP03BlueSI
09-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Sleep OWN3D's U!

Glad to hear that u are ok

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Sleep OWN3D's U!

Most Appreciated
I came out the car with just a sore on the left side of my waist from the seat belt and headache.

02hatchgrl
09-29-2003, 04:22 PM
Man that sux!!! Hope you are cool dude.

Suk02Si
09-29-2003, 04:40 PM
You dun messed up

blueiedgod
09-29-2003, 04:59 PM
Glad you are OK, but it is becoming an epidemic. NJ has passed a law that if you are pulled over and appear sleep deprived they can take your car like they do with drunks. In the eyes of the law car driven by a sleep deprived person is a deadly weapon.

Suggestion: get some sleep or get Vivarin. Vivaring got me through college. Good stuff. Heard "red bull" works too.

I have slept at truck stops a few times when I felt like I could not keep my eyes open. All you need is an hour or so.

Go_EP_Go
09-29-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by blueiedgod
Glad you are OK, but it is becoming an epidemic. NJ has passed a law that if you are pulled over and appear sleep deprived they can take your car like they do with drunks. In the eyes of the law car driven by a sleep deprived person is a deadly weapon.

Suggestion: get some sleep or get Vivarin. Vivaring got me through college. Good stuff. Heard "red bull" works too.

I have slept at truck stops a few times when I felt like I could not keep my eyes open. All you need is an hour or so.

u beat me to posting about that new law

i just read about it just right now online

heres the link
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=12&u=/ap/20030929/ap_on_re_us/drowsy_drivers_2

Makross
09-29-2003, 05:45 PM
ouch that sucks man.. if your driving and havent slept for hrs peeps say its worst than a drunk driver behind the wheel

Sidriver
09-29-2003, 07:09 PM
that article is very informative

Brettnyt
09-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Sleep OWN3D's U!

Second that... Its a good thing you could wake up again...

IceD out N CALI
09-29-2003, 09:31 PM
you're lucky you didnt get seriously hurt

civicracer1128
09-29-2003, 10:25 PM
OK, SIDRIVER. I KNOW CAPS IS ANNOYING BUT I WANNA MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS ONE POST. I FEEL FOR YOU, I REALLY DO CAUSE I JUST BOUGHT A NEW EP MYSELF. MINES SILVER AND I ALWAYS GO TO DOLLA BUD NIGHT AT THE FE HENCE HOW I KNOW YOUR CAR. IM GLAD AS HELL IT LOOKS MINOR AND EVERYTHING MINUS THE 1 HEADLIGHT IS PRETTY MUCH INTACT....

BUT I FEAR THE WORST MIGHT HAVE HAPPEND. WHEN I SAW YOUR CAR THE FIRST TIME I IMMEADAIATLY SHOUTED OBSENTIES AND TOUCHED YOUR WHEELS...THE HOT VOLK GRN-RS YOUR CARS WEARING. NOT FOR THE HELL OF IT BUT TO FIND THE TRAK AUTO VALVE STEM CAPS I KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW WOULD BE THERE. HOW DO I KNOW THIS????? I SOLD MY BLACK VOLK GRN-RS TO A CLUB SI GUY ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND HE SOLD THEM TO YOU. OR AT LEAST THE STORY GOES BY ONE OF MY S2K BOYS, JEFF. NOW IN ONE SHOT IT LOOKS AS IF YORU WHEEL IS DAMAGED....I HOPE NEW POWDER COAT WILL FIX THAT. DOESNT LOOK MAJOR BUT YOU JUST ABOUT MADE ME SHIT MYSELF WHEN I SAW THE PIC. GOOD LUCK WITH THE CAR AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE WHEELS. I WISH I HAD MONEY TO OFFER FOR THEM AS ID LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO HAVE EM AGAIN BUT I HAD MY TURN AND NOW ITS YOURS. ENJOY EM. AND BY THE WAY.....

IF YOU WANT 2 GOOD VOLK VALVE STEMS LET ME KNOW AND THEYRE YOURS. I STILL AHVE EM SITTING IN MY ROOM. I WAS UP IN BRIGANTINE ISLAND(3MILE ISLAND OFF ATLANTIC CITY IN NJ) WHEN THE OTHER 2 WERE STOLEN. SO IF YOU WANT THE OTHER 2 ILL GIVE EM TO YOU BUT I BET YOU CANT FIND 2 MORE. AT LEAST A YEAR AGO THEY ONLY HAD RED AND BLUE FOR THE TE37S AS REPLACEMENTS. ONCE AGAIN, I THINK I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I THINK IVE SEEN YOU BEFORE JUST THOUGHT ID GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO A COOL MD EP'R WITH A NICE SET OF WHEELS....I KNOW, I HAD EM....AND GAVE EM UP:'(

Mugen_EP
09-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Second that... Its a good thing you could wake up again...

Can I get a third that...:m:

Yeller EP3
09-29-2003, 11:25 PM
sorry bout ur ride, but her back together better than before, and drive with viveren!

IownAmaxima
09-30-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by civicracer1128
OK, SIDRIVER. I KNOW CAPS IS ANNOYING BUT I WANNA MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS ONE POST. I FEEL FOR YOU, I REALLY DO CAUSE I JUST BOUGHT A NEW EP MYSELF. MINES SILVER AND I ALWAYS GO TO DOLLA BUD NIGHT AT THE FE HENCE HOW I KNOW YOUR CAR. IM GLAD AS HELL IT LOOKS MINOR AND EVERYTHING MINUS THE 1 HEADLIGHT IS PRETTY MUCH INTACT....
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/blahblah.gif
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/blahblah.gif
<snip> learn it, love it... my name is CAPSLOCK!

Brettnyt
09-30-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Can I get a third that...:m:

well..... (thinking) If you must, i suppose you can... but only this time... AHMEN!

Sidriver
09-30-2003, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by civicracer1128
[B]OK, SIDRIVER. I KNOW CAPS IS ANNOYING BUT I WANNA MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS ONE POST. I FEEL FOR YOU, I REALLY DO CAUSE I JUST BOUGHT A NEW EP MYSELF. MINES SILVER AND I ALWAYS GO TO DOLLA BUD NIGHT AT THE FE HENCE HOW I KNOW YOUR CAR. IM GLAD AS HELL IT LOOKS MINOR AND EVERYTHING MINUS THE 1 HEADLIGHT IS PRETTY MUCH INTACT....

The Volks are still in good condition they're just dirty. Hey man I might be at the Fe tonight.

Zero Three Si
09-30-2003, 07:37 AM
Man you are one lucky son of a gun. I'm almost mad at you...but I'm not. I'm sure you're mad enough at yourself. Driving asleep is just as bad as driving drunk if not worse.

Glad you are ok...

I'm sure you'll be living your life alot different.

Take care Ep brother.

Sidriver
09-30-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Man you are one lucky son of a gun. I'm almost mad at you...but I'm not. I'm sure you're mad enough at yourself. Driving asleep is just as bad as driving drunk if not worse.

Glad you are ok...

I'm sure you'll be living your life alot different.

Take care Ep brother.

Yeah I don't know what is man I think someone or something is keeping an eye on me up there ever since I was borned cuz Ive been in a lot of close encounters. I'm definitly gonna be getting my sleep more often.

oogy-boogy
09-30-2003, 01:05 PM
Damn, who cares about the rims or the car.......Glad to know you're ok. Take a nap next time!!!!

;)

MrCivic03
09-30-2003, 03:28 PM
dude ur are one lucky son of a gun... i was sleep deprived comin home from Nopi Nats. lucky i had someone else in the car. i was dozzin off so i slowed and turned off the interstate. he thought i was drunk. i told him i just got a little sleepy( damn i stupid i let him drive my car) hey atleast i had a back up. and my car is still one piece. i hope u get something nice outta this...

chakra71
09-30-2003, 03:36 PM
You better be thanking the gods that you are ok.

I fell asleep driving home about 4 years ago. I had worked all day, then gone to my girl's place and went swimming, then decided at 2 in the morning that I could make it the hour and a half drive home.

I didn't quite make it that night. I got within 5 minutes of home and took one of those long blinks that lasted about 20 seconds. I opened my eyes as the road turned a sharp right hand turn and I didn't. I tried to make the turn, but my S-10 was moving too fast and it was too late. The truck flew off the road, over a 15 ft drop and then a 10 ft rise and square into a tree at somewhere close to 60 mph.

The engine bay compressed into the passenger area, the bed of the truck was folded up and the truck tool box came into the cab on the passenger side. The dash came in and smashed my knee, forcing my femur through my pelvis.

yeah... lots of pain. 2 years and four surgeries later I had a pelvis held together with titanium, and a plastic hip joint. but I can walk again.

Do everyone a favor. If you are tired, do not drive. If you get tired while driving then stop and rest. And also... sit as far back from the dash as you can. The type of damage i suffered is very very typical of a front end collision.

Glad you made it out ok, bro. Be safe out there and be glad that you only have to worry about getting your car fixed.

Papa Bear
09-30-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Yeller EP3
sorry bout ur ride, but her back together better than before, and drive with viveren!
Thats right...driving while sleep deprived is very dangerous, however driving while sleeped deprived and hopped up on uppers is just the ticket! :confusem:

yakov456
09-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Glad your ok, hope the other driver was ok too. Your car must have taken one hell of a swerve to do that much damage. Worst feeling in the world when your driving at night and your tired as hell. Its like torture, you try everything you can to not let your eyes close but its a losing battle.

02TafWhtSi
09-30-2003, 08:02 PM
Let me shed a tear for our departed EP :'(

LordKoo
09-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Ouch!

Yeller EP3
09-30-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Papa Bear
Thats right...driving while sleep deprived is very dangerous, however driving while sleeped deprived and hopped up on uppers is just the ticket! :confusem:

a nap is the best thing but if you resally have to! hey why not

Sidriver
10-23-2003, 07:22 AM
I just picked her up yesterday afternoon from the Body shop. They did a really good job on the body and paint.I'm glad to have her back:D

Zero Three Si
10-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Glad you are back on the road....is she driving like she's brand new again? That just have to be too wierd to drive a car that was all banged up. I would get flashbacks and shit. What have you been driving while she was in the shop?

Driftin SI
10-23-2003, 08:29 AM
Nice to see it back together :D

Sidriver
10-24-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Glad you are back on the road....is she driving like she's brand new again? That just have to be too wierd to drive a car that was all banged up. I would get flashbacks and shit. What have you been driving while she was in the shop?

She's driving like a champ it was just body damage. Nothing under the hood got damaged. Yeah ever since I got it back I feel wierd and parnoid driving her around. I feel like I'm gonna get into another accident in any second. While my Baby was in the shop I had to use my mom's car every now and then, and also bum rides from friends and family.

TightEP3
10-25-2003, 04:00 PM
They're volk gn-rnr's

gn-rnr's, nr-s, all the same thing except for some editions being made as 2 piece versions...volk was confusing at the time about those wheels, here is my NR-S's on my DA, they are white but one piece like yours, but they said NR-S on the volk decal on the inside.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pba148cb07dc3a0ff0141c7c04e5539ba/fc0b10e7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/pce7b988a2e3712dfc8178c291b3c86e3/fb6421a0.jpg

ohyeah, there is a black EP3 around here that look exactly like yours but its dumped pretty hard....Damn, i should have kept my NR-S's and put them onmy EP3 when i had it

Tekdemon
10-26-2003, 05:08 AM
Yeah ever since I got it back I feel wierd and parnoid driving her around. I feel like I'm gonna get into another accident in any second.
Be really careful...cuz that happened to me...I tapped the car in front of me one time when I was really tired and sort of blanked out for a second...my EP was ok...
But then a month later it was totaled...and by then I had made sure I wouldn't be tired...

Lemme just say this...be REAL careful dude...real careful...

Sidriver
10-26-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Tekdemon
Be really careful...cuz that happened to me...I tapped the car in front of me one time when I was really tired and sort of blanked out for a second...my EP was ok...
But then a month later it was totaled...and by then I had made sure I wouldn't be tired...

Lemme just say this...be REAL careful dude...real careful...

No Kiddin Dude

Sidriver
10-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by TightEP3
gn-rnr's, nr-s, all the same thing except for some editions being made as 2 piece versions...volk was confusing at the time about those wheels, here is my NR-S's on my DA, they are white but one piece like yours, but they said NR-S on the volk decal on the inside.

i had it

Are those 15's if so how low of a drop was your DA and how much of a clearance did you have on speed bumps, ramps, and drive ways?

TightEP3
10-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Are those 15's if so how low of a drop was your DA and how much of a clearance did you have on speed bumps, ramps, and drive ways?

yeah, my NR-S were 15x7 with 195/50/15 tires...The DA was dropped pretty low, dont know exatcly but more than 3 inches because the front tire to fender gap was tucked and the rear was barely one finger..It drove around all day as show car height. it had GC's and KYB AGX front and GR2 rear.

Sidriver
10-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by TightEP3
yeah, my NR-S were 15x7 with 195/50/15 tires...The DA was dropped pretty low, dont know exatcly but more than 3 inches because the front tire to fender gap was tucked and the rear was barely one finger..It drove around all day as show car height. it had GC's and KYB AGX front and GR2 rear.

Nice:D
I'm about to drop mine 2" in a couple of weeks with some H&R Springs.

TightEP3
10-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Nice:D
I'm about to drop mine 2" in a couple of weeks with some H&R Springs.

wuuurd...I love DA's, i wish i still had mine.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p6a0ef91c358f4a8a2c999896a24338db/fafeb63d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p2c2aa9af066c22459dfa00d08ed5d7e8/fafeb636.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pbb51183b1f6410f9d5cb89782efe392e/fafeb630.jpg