PDA

View Full Version : Rev Hard Turbo\ Installers

MicHi02
09-29-2003, 03:58 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and would like to share my experiences with my new turbokit I just purchased. First of all, does anyone know a good shop here in Michigan that would be experts in installing this kit? Second, does anyone else have this kit that would like to put out a list of pros and cons about it.
I bought this kit knowing that I'm getting top quality for what I'm paying for. I spoke to Marhaz from Dynamics and he had nothing but good stuff to say about this kit and even educated me a bit. I have to say that my experience in dealing with Rev Hard has been excellent so far, all my questions were answered to my satifaction and any future questions that I may have can be directed back to Marhaz. I'm excited to get my turbo installed and will update this post with pictures and numbers once I get it in.
take care EPhatcher's.

DyNastySi
09-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Hmm...so you got the Rev Hard kit. So what was the deal with your hondata? Did you have to pay to get it flashed then get it flashed again for the tubo set up? I want this kit. But, if I have to pay 600 for a flash then 700 (i think)for another flash then its not worth it on my opinion. 5 g's is way to much:eek:

NeuroSi
09-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Hey,

Don,t know where you are in MI, but in the Detroit area you can check out Payn Technologies (http://www.payntechnologies.com/) . I've no personal experience with them, but I've heard that they are really good...pricey, too. They are in Troy.

MicHi02
09-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by DyNastySi
Hmm...so you got the Rev Hard kit. So what was the deal with your hondata? Did you have to pay to get it flashed then get it flashed again for the tubo set up? I want this kit. But, if I have to pay 600 for a flash then 700 (i think)for another flash then its not worth it on my opinion. 5 g's is way to much:eek:

the hondata comes with the turbokit flashed. the only thing you have to do is send them your ecu and they'll tune it then send it back, included in the price as well. for $3399, i couldn't resist.

MicHi02
09-30-2003, 10:05 AM
thanks neuro... i'll check it out - it's about 10 minutes away from me. i never knew they existed!

xlr8
09-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by MicHi02
the hondata comes with the turbokit flashed. the only thing you have to do is send them your ecu and they'll tune it then send it back, included in the price as well. for $3399, i couldn't resist.
i have the rev hard kit and ive had nothing but problems with it. first its not a full kit, i hope they told you that, because they didnt tell me. there is no intake tube, filter, dump tube, flange on the down pipe or instructions. my car runs rich particularly at idle and low rpm's. it took many weeks and many calls to finally get a new black box. i asked for a ecu flash like everyone gets now, but they wanted over $450 just to correct the way my car runs. i now have the new black box and its still rich at low rpm's. i dont think im even going to bother attemting to get them to remidy the situation, because they dont care they already got my money. good luck, youll need it

revhardsales
10-02-2003, 12:56 AM
How much free parts have we sent you already to make you happy? You bought this kit from After Hourz and at that time we didn't have the flash program yet. As we have told you we will give you the flash at cost. But you can't expect us to pay for it when you clearly bought the kit knowing it was a black box at that time. And besides we don't have your money, After Hourz does. Just stay tuned cause we are still working on another flash program that will take more boost for built motors.

furious
10-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by revhardsales
But you can't expect us to pay for it when you clearly bought the kit knowing it was a black box at that time.

And besides we don't have your money, After Hourz does.

1st point, 'you should'. You don't sell a kit unless you 'clearly' specify that it does not perform optimally when it is known not to. If it runs rich, and you are working out the bugs...then why sell the product without such a disclaimer? if no disclaimer, then why not support your product after the fact?

2nd point, that is your 'business'. not his problem. revamp your business tactics...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

hehe...man I'm gonna get it ;)

xlr8
10-02-2003, 12:35 PM
yes after i complained about not getting a "complete" kit, you sent me a turbo timer, a boost gauge and a set of plugs, thank you. i didnt ask for any of this, all i asked for is the same as i have asked you guys, particularly ryan, to do in the first place help me get my car running properly. i didnt expect to get the ecu flash for free until ryan told me i would. three weeks later when i called you again to see what was going on it was $600, ryan said that was your cost. i called a week later to see if you guys were going to offer any help other then coming up with $600. ryan the said he could give the flash to me at "your cost", but now your cost was only $457. i would gladdly pay for that is it was from a reputable company such as hondata, instead of "someguy comes and does it for us in his off time". then i asked if he could at least sent me a new black box, which you guys did, but it still is rich at idle. as i said everytime i called i understand problems because of how early i bought this kit, all i wanted was help. and i bought the kit for importcarparts.com

fishboy
10-03-2003, 04:19 AM
if i were revhard i would do all i could to appease xlr8, he is held in high regards over here. he is usually the first to do anything and his input is very important. i actually thought revhard would be a good place to buy from even after hearing all that after hourz bullshit, but after hearing xlr8's opinions about you guys i say forget revhard. you guys don't know how to treat your customers it seems. you guys should fix that because you seem to be pissing off the wrong people.

Idonthaveahatch
10-05-2003, 06:50 AM
OWNED

yor2slo
10-06-2003, 02:43 AM
I have had no problems with my kit. Just because yours has a few minor glitches is no reason for you to bash revhard. Yor kit seems to be fine, just because it is a little rich at idle is nothing to complain about. Do you often race people at idle? If it works under boost than it is doing it's job.

sniperSI
10-06-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by yor2slo
I have had no problems with my kit. Just because yours has a few minor glitches is no reason for you to bash revhard. Yor kit seems to be fine, just because it is a little rich at idle is nothing to complain about. Do you often race people at idle? If it works under boost than it is doing it's job.

Yeah the only draw backs are, shitty gas milage, blowing spark plugs left and right, oh and ummm destroying your engine faster, but who cares, it's only probably running a LITTLE rich right?

yor2slo
10-06-2003, 03:08 AM
I've never heard of any of those things happen at an idle. If it runs shitty under boost, that's a different story. He said it runs rich at idle, big f***ing deal.

2k2_nbp_egg
10-06-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by yor2slo
I've never heard of any of those things happen at an idle. If it runs shitty under boost, that's a different story. He said it runs rich at idle, big f***ing deal.

WTF. If I just dropped a ridiculous amount of money for a car I'd definitely expect it....to run right. Is this making any sense? If you pay money for a product, then it should work correctly. Did I loose you? I'll try one more time....if im spending, over 3000 dollars, then i'd want my 2002 car, to run properly, and not pig rich. That's about the easiest I could put it lol:confusem:

Aside from that whole fiasco with afterhourz, rev hard seems to be a pretty reputable company with a decent turbo kit for our cars. But like almost every goddamn major aftermarket tuning company, they seem to have real shitty customer service. I'd say that hondata prolly has the best...all tho i've heard a few things here and there

yor2slo
10-06-2003, 04:09 AM
I understand, but if the car is running fine, just rich at idle, you can deal with that. All kits have some sort of minor flaw, some worse than others. Rich at idle is not a major thing to worry about. I've had kits that throw CELs, and make SRS lights come on permanently. They don't affect the performance so no big deal. I didn't go and bash the manufacturer. I guess I should have though seeing as I would have got free stuff for no reason out of it. Rev Hard doesn't even make turbo timers, so you know that money came strait out of there pockets. I personally don't know many companies that would do that.

Idonthaveahatch
10-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Hey dumbfuck did you read the rest of the post about how all the shit was missing, and all the shit that had to be custom fabricated with his money to make this partial kit to work right?

yor2slo
10-06-2003, 01:24 PM
hey dumbfuck, did you know at the time when his kit was purchased, that was all that was included in the kit. Nothing was missing, that stuff was all added at the same time as the ecu upgrade. Again his kit was obviously purchased early in the developement process, and those items were never meant to be included. ASS.

fishboy
10-06-2003, 01:51 PM
then they shouldn't have sold the kit until it was "complete."

sniperSI
10-06-2003, 01:55 PM
for 3k plus, "minor flaw" should not be in any companies vocab.

yor2slo
10-06-2003, 02:11 PM
It was a complete kit. Dump tube and intake pipes are not neccessary items. The kits for civics and integras still don't come with either. The kit came with everything needed to bolt on and drive it.

revhardsales
10-07-2003, 12:16 AM
We never really sold kits with a filter but ITuner photographed it in. But we ask xlr8 if he wanted it we'll make it for him. He ended up asking for the other free parts. Now he wants more. Let us get this straight, The flash is an "OPTION." We only offered it as a special for EP members. Do not expect it on the basic kit! Why was he so happy with the kit at that time, then now that we have the Hondata option he's unhappy? What does people really want? Power, drivabilty or just more free stuff? Show us a black box, AFC, Emanage that can control bigger injectors at idle to get perfect a/f. Then we'll redo what we have. The only way you can control those injectors precisely is in the ecu itself. Didn't you here that even Greddy is having too rich problems. You can't expect your car to run perfect. If you wanted it as good as stock then you should leave it that way. Thank goodness for VTEC technology. If Honda did not come out with this, then everyone will be disappointed the minute they put a cam in their car. You can't want 100 extra hp and not sacrifice something.

speedking604
10-07-2003, 02:19 AM
hi,,,,i'm planning of getting turbo kits for my 2002 honda SIR,,,now that i read some of the customers complained ragarding turbos......i'm not sure if i'm going to buy one....i check the jackson racing supercharge and it seems they still doing some checking to the engine before they going to sell it.....i think they are ready for november for shipping......but i still want turbo to install on my 2002 hondaSIR,,,,not sure right now if i'm going to get the jackson racing supercharge or go with turbo.i heard jackson racing supercharge dont have problem,,,,they said everything you need is included and all bolt on and most of all they said the car will run perfect for thier kit,,,,,is this true???????

K-Series
10-07-2003, 04:37 AM
I think his point is that when he bought the kit, he was going off of what was pictured in a magazine as well as listed in the parts list.

Then he got it missing those pieces (whether they were supposed to come with it or not, it's RevHards responsibility to ensure that they're products are advertised correctly) as well as missing instructions.

Running rich at idle, while I agree isn't completely damaging, it's annoying and should be addressed.

I believe the offer for EPHatch members is cheaper now than it is when he bought, they could at least flash his ECU or split their cost with him. ($225)

They changed their design and now those who were brave enough to try it out are sitting there running rich while everyone else gets Hondata.

That's what I think he's trying to say.

revhardsales
10-07-2003, 08:33 AM
If he got it from AH then most likely he bought it cheaper. We already told hih that we'll give it to him at cost. Hondata is an OPTION."Missing instructions-running rich." Are we always liable to give our new ideas/options for free?

K-Series
10-07-2003, 12:30 PM
If it's something that makes something bad, good, then I'd say yes. If it just has more features, then no.

I personally need great customer service. If I get it, I'm very loyal, if I don't, I roast them.

But that's me.

xlr8
10-07-2003, 05:52 PM
this is the last post i will be making about this. i was happy to have my car running when i got the kit finished, because i have never installed a turbo kit and there was no instructions, but i got it done with the help of a few friends anyway. i NEVER asked rev hard for anything for free. when i was asked about my kit and i and complained about parts that i assumed would be in the kit not being there, i got a pm from revhardsales, telling me to call ryan at rev hard about it. i called and was told that they would send me the other parts. i said i already made and had fabricated all the parts. so they asked if i wanted a turbo timer and the like, i said sure whatever. i got these parts, thank you. all i have been complaining about since then has been the customer service. i had my CEL come on twice and and was on my third set of plugs and it took three monthes of calling to get a different black box, not a free one just an exchange. no, i do not expect a reflash for free, ryan said i would get it for free because i had been having problems. when he later said i had to pay i was upset, because he said it would be free. i understand that my car stalling at idle isnt a threat to the engine, but its annoying, and i am trying to get it to at least keep running when i come to a stop. also, as i mentioned before i didnt buy the kit from after hours, i got it from importcarparts.com. i agree with US_Si i need good customer service and i didnt get close to that

MicHi02
10-10-2003, 09:52 PM
The Turbokit arrived today. Install postponed until November. I'll keep this post updated.