PDA

View Full Version : Question about installing springs

Si3
09-30-2003, 11:42 AM
I just got my springs in the mail and im real anxious to get it dropped, so im on the phone calling local shops trying to get them installed, the prices im hearing are $250 just to install them, then i have to go somewhere else and get an alignment for another $75 ! does this sound way high to anyone else??

If anyone (experiance prefered) in the chicago area would like to install them for me, i would be more than happy to take care of them for their time.

please help,
Aj

Suk02Si
09-30-2003, 11:52 AM
$250 is expensive :shockm: Do you not have any tools? Its not too hard to do.

Si3
09-30-2003, 12:00 PM
i have just about every tool available to me (my grandpa compiled a huge collection of random tools/nuts/bolts) but i am not confident and i like to baby my car and make sure its done right! i have no problem paying for it, its just that it seems carazy to spend over 300 for install and alignment on parts that cost less than 150 !!!

anyone wanna hook an ep brother up? ill drive where ever (chicagoland area) and pay for your time... hell, ill even buy you dinner!!!! (and you can supersize it!!)

AJ

1abSi
09-30-2003, 02:18 PM
come take a vacation to nice sunny FL and i will do it for 75 bones for you.....and you can use the rest for the trip and to have a good time...hell i would probably even do it for 50 :D

Civicvtec1ps
09-30-2003, 04:54 PM
yea just find some people to help out. 3 hours TOP.

Mad02Si
10-01-2003, 06:55 AM
I would love to help anybody out again.next time I promise not to tear anything, i'm going to smooth the edges on my removal tool :) ) But I think your to far away. If you have the tools do it yourself. There is a DIY in the suspension forum, and it's very detailed just take your time and b careful.

Driftin SI
10-01-2003, 12:01 PM
My buddy Jason owns a shop and does awesome work. I know he can give you a better price than that. Give him a call, his shop isMobile One (http://www.mobileoneinc.com)

Si3
10-01-2003, 12:13 PM
as great (and well deserved) a trip to FL sounds, i was hoping to find someone a little more local! ;)

anyone? please....

aJ

Civicvtec1ps
10-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Si3
as great (and well deserved) a trip to FL sounds, i was hoping to find someone a little more local! ;)

anyone? please....

aJ
where did FL come from?
:D

Si3
10-01-2003, 01:32 PM
check 5 posts up!!!!

1absi (i think is username)

reedin' iz fundemantel!

AJ

Zero Three Si
10-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Hey man I have a garage if you need a place to work....I dont know how to do it...but I want to be there to see how it's done. I'll help out in anyway I can.

Civicvtec1ps
10-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Hey man I have a garage if you need a place to work....I dont know how to do it...but I want to be there to see how it's done. I'll help out in anyway I can.
i wish i could help but you live kinda far from my house..

Si3
10-02-2003, 07:44 AM
thanks for the offers guys, but a fellow ephatch member is opening a tuning shop on the north side, and i am going to have him do the install.

again, thanks for offers and your time to post a reply! (who really has anything better to do anyways? :D)

AJ

Civicvtec1ps
10-02-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Si3
thanks for the offers guys, but a fellow ephatch member is opening a tuning shop on the north side, and i am going to have him do the install.

again, thanks for offers and your time to post a reply! (who really has anything better to do anyways? :D)

AJ
nice!
just get springs installed before winter. damn suspension parts gets rusty as hell after one winter.:yellm:

Zero Three Si
10-02-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Si3

AJ

Hey man I just found this post that has an in depth article and pictures how to install the springs yourself.

http://www.pryor.ws/honda/gallery1.htm

If you want we can tackle the project together.

Si3
10-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Zero three-

thanks for offer, but im gonna go with the trained proffesionals!

no knock on you or your skills, just that im a little biotch when it comes to my car, i like to make sure everything is done perfectly! (the guy(s) doin' em both have ep with the same springs (tein) that i have. Also, i work for a company that sells Credit Card Machines to business owners... he needs a machine, i need springs installed, everyone wins!!!)

Im gettin' 'em installed this saturday, and after that maybe we should go cruisin'... I will be out on the north side, let me know if you wanna meet up...

side note (shamless plug): if there are any business owners that are interested in accepting Credit Cards, or possibly saving money on their current processing please call my office 708.364.0801 - Ask for Aaron J.

Driftin SI
10-02-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Si3

Oh yeah? More info please!

Si3
10-03-2003, 01:46 AM
cant give out anymore info.. its not open yet, its top secret! :D

Im sure he'll make an anouncement as soon as he is ready to open then doors!

ill have pics of their fine work on monday!!

AJ

Driftin SI
10-03-2003, 10:04 AM
sounds good, keep us posted :)