PDA

View Full Version : port'n'polish

rs_1101
09-30-2003, 07:43 PM
i was reading the article on superstreet the other day http://www.superstreetonline.com/projectbuild/130_0310_skun/
and they mentioned a port and polish job on the k20. does anyone know if a port'n'polish will do anythin for the a3, or what gains we could get. superstreet is kinda vague on that subject.

rs_1101
10-01-2003, 08:51 AM
any takers?

2k2ep
10-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Yes, it sure can. I'll be doing some machine work to an a3 when someone releases a cam for it. If you want something done to yours get a high compression gasket and have the combustion chambers smoothed and polished along with a three angle valve job. Even on the stock cam you stand to gain 10hp+ and it will be safer on boost or n20.

rs_1101
10-01-2003, 12:42 PM
i plan to turn my ep into a n/a monster evenually. i love this i-vtec thing. i believe it has way more potential than most of us give it credit for.. god help us all when hondata comes out with a user customisable interface.

is there anything to be gained by just the portmatching? i havent gotten a chance to crack my motor open an look

JohnR
10-02-2003, 11:51 AM
As far as port matching goes you will find Honda has done a good job of that already however if you are going to use a different gasket say with slightly larger ports and enlarge the passageway all the way to the valve you might stand to gain but I would recommend a machine shop with a flow bench do this work becuase to big reduces performance sort of like running an exhaust with to large of a diameter