PDA

View Full Version : Incentives are OVER!

bobdobbs
10-01-2003, 12:20 AM
It looks like the $1000 marketing support and 1.9% financing are over on the '03 Si. carsdirect.com now lists the market price at $17,821, which is Invoice. Ouch.

todaCspec
10-01-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
It looks like the $1000 marketing support and 1.9% financing are over on the '03 Si. carsdirect.com now lists the market price at $17,821, which is Invoice. Ouch.

LOL, it's about time, now the cars will have more long term value.:D

RiceCzechs
10-01-2003, 07:09 AM
And if you believe that, I have a nice Lincoln Blackwood to show you... *shrugs*

pedzola
10-01-2003, 07:34 AM
omg nooooooooooooooooooooooo :crym:

They've been extending the 1.9% for months and months. Why would they get rid of it now when '03 Civic Si's are sitting on lots untouched at every dealer in the country?

If I have to pay $18k for an Si, w/crappy financing, there is no way im getting one. =(

They warned me that financing runs out yesterday "but who knows what kind of deals there will be in October." So I just assumed it would be the same. Ugh, I really wanted to pick up a new car this weekend. This blows.

Zero Three Si
10-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Dealers always pull this crap....

I'm sure they'll bring out ZERO percent financing next to get the Ep's off the lots.

Hell chevy and ford just came out with ZERO financing for 72 months which is 6 years.

Come on....the salesmen are just blowing smoke up our arshes

pedzola
10-01-2003, 09:40 AM
Well when do you think they will announce new rebates/financing/whtever? Shouldn't it be today? Would they wait til october 2, 3, 4, etc just to keep me in suspense?

Honda and Acura and Honda Financing web site all say NO financing specials or rebates. =( I'm dying here... I'm going to call up a dealer and ask them what the deal is.

bobdobbs
10-01-2003, 10:18 AM
They usually do it on a month-to-month basis. I'm not sure why they would cancel it now. Probably their marketing budget ran out and stock on the Si is low enough for them to be comfortable enough to run without incentives.

Let us know what the dealer tells you.

Tucker
10-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Edmunds.com says no incentives are available and the TMV price has gone from just over $17K to more than $18K. Ha, glad I bought mine two weeks ago for $16,500 and 1.9% :)

Zero Three Si
10-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Tucker
Edmunds.com says no incentives are available and the TMV price has gone from just over $17K to more than $18K. Ha, glad I bought mine two weeks ago for $16,500 and 1.9% :)

Ditto....makes me glad I gave the EP a home already.

pedzola
10-01-2003, 01:46 PM
2.9% on all civics for october. Not bad still. Hopefully the dealer that quoted me 16,900 will stick w/the quote and not say "ooohh that was only if you bought it by tuesday."

Anyway I checked out a mazdaspeed protege today and it was sweet. $2000 cash back according to the Mazda web site... so im thinkin about that....

Zero Three Si
10-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by pedzola
2.9% on all civics for october. Not bad still. Hopefully the dealer that quoted me 16,900 will stick w/the quote and not say "ooohh that was only if you bought it by tuesday."

Anyway I checked out a mazdaspeed protege today and it was sweet. $2000 cash back according to the Mazda web site... so im thinkin about that....

I would just wait to buy your car man.....be patient.

bobdobbs
10-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by pedzola
Go for whoever gives you the best deal. The MSP is a nice car. Too many doors for me, but if that doesn't bother you, it's fun. Thing is, whatever car you get you might want to get out of it in a year or two, for whatever reason: financial or lifestyle change. If you do, it's going to be a lot easier to get out of something you got a great deal on in the first place.

soniccar
10-01-2003, 06:07 PM
1.9% Honda financing will probably be back in January for 2004 Civics. Probably will be 2003 Civic Si's left. However, alot of dealers with heavy competition offer 1.9% anyway. They just finance through a bank. It's just tougher to get.

black handers
10-01-2003, 09:35 PM
i just checked carsdirect.com and it looks like the dealer incentive is back and its running through 12/01/03

bobdobbs
10-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by black handers
i just checked carsdirect.com and it looks like the dealer incentive is back and its running through 12/01/03

That's great! Hey, pedzola, buy it! :)

downhil
10-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Dealers always pull this crap....

I'm sure they'll bring out ZERO percent financing next to get the Ep's off the lots.

Come on....the salesmen are just blowing smoke up our arshes

honda will never have 0%.
the salesmen have nothing to do with it. it is the banks and lending institutions.

icegrill
10-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by downhil
the salesmen have nothing to do with it. it is the banks and lending institutions.

Very true. Some dealers are so stupid that they won't let a car go for less than invoice,even though there are honda kickbacks and all types of shit where they can't lose getting rid of the car. My local dealer had a black 02' si that sat on the lot for almost a year, I'd look at it every so often, by this summer it honestly looked like a nice used car. Few dings here and there, a chip in the hood with some rust. What dumbasses:banana:

Zero Three Si
10-02-2003, 07:08 AM

No kidding Sherlock...

What I'm saying is that the sales make blow smoke up peoples arses by telling them they won't get a better deal if they wait. We all know they don't dictate the financing rates.

Chevy and Ford owners said the same thing.

And for all the guys asking what they should pay for a 02/03 EP
CarsDirect Price: $16,821

I wouldn't pay anything higher than that.

downhil
10-02-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
No kidding Sherlock...

What I'm saying is that the sales make blow smoke up peoples arses by telling them they won't get a better deal if they wait. We all know they don't dictate the financing rates.

Chevy and Ford owners said the same thing.

And for all the guys asking what they should pay for a 02/03 EP
CarsDirect Price: $16,821

I wouldn't pay anything higher than that.

Zero Three Si
10-02-2003, 08:50 AM

Ok you're right...I'm wrong....I apologize.

Take care...