PDA

View Full Version : a lil fun with the clay bar today

1abSi
10-01-2003, 06:20 PM
well after a lil searching, i found that a clay bar would be the best way to go to try and get rid of some of these stupid love bugs ( you FL people know what the heck i am talking about). well after lots of work (about three and a half hours worth), my baby is cleaner than when i got her...that stuff plus some sealant and some wax should help a lil with keeping those guys loose for next time.. but damn that clay bar makes the car smmmooooooooooottthhhhhhhhh....

AkronSi
10-02-2003, 10:37 AM
I love the stuff. I clayed my car right after I got it....right off the truck and there quite a bit of crap on it even then. I hate bugs! ARGHHHHHHH!

RockEP_SS**
10-02-2003, 11:15 AM
I clay barred my car before a show, and I love the way it feels!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

phatfreeza
10-02-2003, 05:31 PM
agreed! my dad just loves the way my car feels... he wants me to clay bar his car now!! ( too bad he has a big car :'( )

MrCivic03
10-03-2003, 09:19 AM
hey does ne clay bar kit work good or do u have to get something pro like klasse or zanios. if so i might try this i dont mind time consuming but i hate my car when it gets durty. it is black too... well i might go get a mothers clay bar or clay magic(i think that is the company). does the kit come with some lub or can u just use detailing spray. thanks in advance

phatfreeza
10-03-2003, 11:28 PM
i used mothers, although i heard clay magic is as good if not better... then again.. zaino users highly recommend zaino clay bar...mothers came with detailing spray... but i like to use it for detailing purposes... use a mixture of car soap and water for your lube...thats what some of the members do i think!

oldschoolimport
10-14-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by 1abSi
stupid love bugs ( you FL people know what the heck i am talking about)
aren't those the bugs that fly together, as IN one. kinda like 2 hung up dogs. I always called them sex bugs when I was down there.:D

CaptainMurphy
10-19-2003, 11:04 PM
I used the clay magic bar on my EP, worked like a charm, although I ran out of the spray stuff after 2 or 3 times clay baring. So is there a way of just making that stuff because my bar is still good for one more I think, if my brother hasn't mooched it off me already...punk ass.

AkronSi
10-20-2003, 06:01 AM
You can use any quick detailer or clay while you wash. I know of a lot of people that just use the soapy water as the lubricant, but I've also heard that this will make the clay bar deteriorate faster.