PDA

View Full Version : VAFC II install pics and comments....

B18CXr
10-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Real quick:

Unit works very well but the new button layout will take some time to get use to.

Viewing the cam advance/battery voltage/vtec learning and other added features is a nice plus over the VAFC "I"

It will have to do until a P&P standalone is released....

P.S. The unit WILL NOT control cam timing, just monitor it.

http://www.p1auto.com/jack/pictures/sibusvafcII.jpg

Civicvtec1ps
10-02-2003, 08:20 AM
Looks nice. how do you like it? is it worth$300?
make DIY for us:D

Chrisbgft
10-02-2003, 08:35 AM
U should have waiting a month or so. I went to NOPI and talked to the APEXI Reps for a long time. He showed me basically everything u can do with the VAFC2 on the TYPE S. He said it doesnt do ANYTHING for the SI other than Air Fuel Tuning. He said that they are developing the a Controller for the K20A3 specifically. It should be out w/ in a couple months.

B18CXr
10-02-2003, 08:41 AM
U should have waiting a month or so. I went to NOPI and talked to the APEXI Reps for a long time. He showed me basically everything u can do with the VAFC2 on the TYPE S. He said it doesnt do ANYTHING for the SI other than Air Fuel Tuning. He said that they are developing the a Controller for the K20A3 specifically. It should be out w/ in a couple months

If I had a K20A3 in my car maybe I would have "waited"..........

Chrisbgft
10-02-2003, 09:15 AM
AHH! I am sorry...i am stupid ass..i forgot!

NamingException
10-02-2003, 09:23 AM
Heh heh. B18CXr has a K24 block/K20A2 head frankenstein. He knows more about K-series engines than just about anyone on this board.

Please keep us updated on your impressions- most of us don't know much about this new unit's capabilities. I'm sure we would all like to hear more about the benefits you can find using it.

STP03BlueSI
10-02-2003, 10:10 AM
I almost bought one of those at NOPI or even on Ebay...but really dont know much about it. What other features does it have?:blushm:

B18CXr
10-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Please keep us updated on your impressions- most of us don't know much about this new unit's capabilities

Unit uses the exhaust cam sensor for TDC and the intake cam sensor to show the difference between the two, shown in degrees.

Can display battery voltage

shows the factory Xover conditons in the "vtec learn mode" (Rpm from which is goes L->H and H->L cam, throttle angle and pressure)

as well as all the other stuff the older unit did

etc.....

ATRIOT
10-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Nice, thats the limited edition black version right?

Makross
10-02-2003, 04:03 PM
nice :D

Suk02Si
10-02-2003, 04:59 PM
now if only I had an A2.. :cool:

ep_nezay
10-03-2003, 03:29 AM
So, is she running alot better now Jack? Too bad you cant change the revlimit! ;)

Hatch02SI
03-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Chrisbgft
U should have waiting a month or so. I went to NOPI and talked to the APEXI Reps for a long time. He showed me basically everything u can do with the VAFC2 on the TYPE S. He said it doesnt do ANYTHING for the SI other than Air Fuel Tuning. He said that they are developing the a Controller for the K20A3 specifically. It should be out w/ in a couple months.

Fuck... I just bought one a lil' bit ago... I guess when the time comes i will sell it or not because i am going with a head swap soon.

Jpax
03-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by B18CXr
Real quick:

P.S. The unit WILL NOT control cam timing, just monitor it.

THAT SUCKS!

But i guess watching the lights glow bright and shat is cool. oh when honda WHEN will be beable to crack ODB2 YOU BATEREDS!!
On that note, hows the swap holding up long turm? do you use it everyday? have yo taken her to the track havn't heard from yea in a while!