PDA

View Full Version : Interior Dash Kits anyone?

LedFoot
10-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Is anyone interested in Interior Dash Kit sets? I'm looking into getting some pricing for EPhatch members if anyone is interested. Colors range from solid, carbon fiber, wood and metalic. The dash kits are also available for other car makes and models.

I think they'd look sweet instead of that plastic-silver look.

Civicvtec1ps
10-02-2003, 08:46 AM
How much are we looking at for cf dash kit?
:D

k20hatch
10-02-2003, 09:15 AM
I may be...If the price is right! ;)

SiR Medic
10-02-2003, 12:32 PM
I definately want an aluminum center dash panel!

(scratched mine when I was puttin in my new stereo):'(

gabbman
10-02-2003, 12:34 PM
todaspec hooked my up wit ha 17 piece b and I real black cf for $217 shipped it looks cool install was easy. So you have to beat that how much for the usdm type r kit installed taff white.

ApexinSi
10-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
I definately want an aluminum center dash panel!

(scratched mine when I was puttin in my new stereo):'(

scratched mine when putting in short shifter :( who hasn't done this.

LedFoot
10-02-2003, 01:56 PM
I've posted on the Vendor's page.
Here: Dash Kits for Si (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21782)

The prices differ if it's "real" or "synthetic". Personally, I don't see any difference from the naked eye. I've seen both "real" an "synthetic" and they both look the same to me. :shrugs:

gabbman: you got PM

sai_iii
10-02-2003, 10:59 PM
can you post pics?

k20hatch
10-03-2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah i scratched mine putting my tv in! I def need a new center piece to...Give us some prices and pics if ya can!!

SiR Medic
10-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Yeah, we need pics of the kit on an EP...

Not just a diagram of what the pieces look like!

Also, under the color page, it looks like the only "metallic" choice is "SYNTHETIC BRUSHED ALUMINUM". Sorry, but I want REAL brushed aluminum for that price!

Sorry, but I don't even see this as such a bargain... I've seen dash kits on eBay for the Si(R)for $130, for the 17 piece version.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33705&item=2435138589

I'm not trying to piss in your Corn Flakes, LedFoot, I just don't see this as much of a "deal".

siver-SI
10-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Is it going to have that gap between the fan and heat knobs? :( It looks like it in the pics but I just wanted to make sure or not.

EricP3
10-03-2003, 05:11 AM
hi ledfoot, i was looking at that thread in the vendors section. great prices by the way! but in the finishes pictures on the site, it looks like the red/black style cf is just red. is that a bad picture? i was hoping it looked something like this.

http://store3.yimg.com/I/ipt-dashkits_1761_8889264

LedFoot
10-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Sir_Medic
I'll try to post pics of a kit on an Si as soon as I can. As for the ebay price, well I just can't beat that. And I must agree with you on the metallic choices as not being much but I know that the quality of the dash kits are top notch. That is why I'm making them available. I will try to get better samples of them and take pictures. Hmm.. good thing I don't eat cornflakes that much. ;) But's it's all good. I take criticism, better to figure out what's best to offer for fellow EPs.

siver-SI
It all depends on how carefully you align the pieces. But the fit is pretty flush over the heat knobs and the fan.

EricP3
The finishes pictures on the site don't do much justice since they are such small samples and angle is not the greatest :(. We have a Maxima who recently put on a Blue Carbon Fiber kit and as soon as the whole kit was put on, it was sweeet! :cool: Very similar to the image you attached except in blue. BUT yes... we need pics on an Si, and I will try to get those pictures soon.

~Dee

LedFoot
10-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Just got some good news. I've found another brand that's offering a better deal for dash kits. I'll post the info on the Vendor's area. :cool:

chubbychu
10-05-2003, 02:15 PM
just stick on? eww...

LedFoot
10-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
just stick on? eww...

Yeah, stick on. I'm sure that direct dash kit replacements are more $$$, and probably more of a biatch to install?

chubbychu
10-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by LedFoot
Yeah, stick on. I'm sure that direct dash kit replacements are more $$$, and probably more of a biatch to install?

yea thats true! youve got a point =o)

either way thanks for doing this for our members, but i prefer the stock silver...only if it were a little more reflective :::sigh:::

LedFoot
10-08-2003, 09:01 AM
damnit! Just spoke with the manufacturers and they raised their prices. :mad: NOT too happy about that. I'm still offering the dash kits though. I'm still looking around to get better deals for them, so keep posted.